Welcome to Gaia! ::

Amelia had been laying in her bed quietly, her blue eyes staring at the ceiling and waiting patiently for the day to come to an end. It had been close, at least close enough for her to acceptably lay in bed and not tend to any work without gathering suspicion. The sun was fading into the distance and the rectangle window found at the far end of the room was leaking less sunlight with every minute.

And then there was a loud shattering and she shifted uncomfortably to see if any of the other women had noticed. The three that had entered together shot her a nasty glare and she slipped from her bed silently. She had yet changed from her clothes and so didn't bother to check her appearance as she walked towards the door. It was obvious none of the other maids were interested in dealing with whatever the wizard was up too.

She walked to the room carefully, reluctantly knocking on the door.
Julian sighed. He'd hoped no one would be close enough to witness his burst of temper, but a servant was better than another noble come to inquire after his marriage prospects. "Come," he said, already holding up the teacup to explain the crash. When Badb opened the door he let the cup slip from his fingers, barely catching it as it tumbled toward the table. "Um," he sputtered a little, blood draining from his face. "I'm fine–it's fine, the cup's…nothing's broken."
Amelia opened the door quietly and carefully, her eyes falling onto Julian and then to the cup that fumbled from his hands. When he said that everything was fine she nodded politely and asked, "Is there anything you need?" The language was foreign to her and so she stumbled over it awkwardly. When her cheeks grew warm she internally blamed it on her lack of practice at elven and not just the simple awkwardness that came with being in a room alone with him.
Yes. "I don't think so." Please stay. "I'll be fine." Julian, to have something to do, reached out to pour himself more tea. When she would have left, he blurted out, "Do you care for him?" He hesitated, then added, "The Dragon Knight?" If you're going for brutal honesty, might as well get it over with.
Amelia turned to open the door when she was dismissed but was meet with an unexpected question. She turned carefully to look at the man who had asked, blinking bright and confused eyes at him. The curly haired woman wondered silently, why. Why he had decided to ask her such a thing and why she was so reluctant to say anything in response. Her dainty hands fiddled together uncomfortably. She imagined this had something to do with the bargaining the two were busying themselves with earlier in the day. "He's nice enough, not a man who I would ever wish to be employed by. He's much too forward and..." She blushed then, "But as am I." She muttered to herself in French and then let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry, I've spoken out of turn." The young human rarely spoke if she could avoid it. Most of her speech was filtered very carefully but it seemed that due to the events of the day her solemn stature had dispersed.
"No, you shouldn't apologize. You were only answering my question." Julian murmured. "If I married him, he would almost certainly ask for you as part of the bargain." At this point, there was no escaping the fact that he would have to marry someone. Also at this point, Julian would prefer it to be anyone but Kindle. "I'm sorry," he said, standing up and leaving his cupful of tea on the table. "I'm sure there's a dinner somewhere that I ought to be at. I'm…sorry."
Amelia trembled slightly at the thought of Kindle and Julian getting married. She wasn't sure if she was trembling out of distaste or out of fear but knew that regardless of the emotion behind it the idea made her more the uncomfortable. The two lords had been horrid together for the few moments she had been forced in their presence. The hate was thicker between them then the tension between herself and the Dragon Knight, then herself and the man in front of her. The past few weeks she had been nothing but purely cold to him, as was expected, but still he kept her close. One of the things the young woman wasn't sure what to make of.

When the wizard brought up the fact that Kindle wanted her she couldn't help herself from wondering why, but rather then asking she simply stared at him. It didn't call for a response and so she wouldn't bother giving him one. But when Julian apologized to her, her of all people, a servant, she couldn't keep herself from asking, "Why?" She hardly noticed it had slipped out in French rather then in Elvish or Common.

Ignoring her own mistake she nodded as he made a comment about dinner. In a distant voice she asked, "Then I should leave?" It hadn't mean't to be a question and she wasn't sure why it had turned into one but kept silent regardless.
"Yes," Julian retreated to a proper distance, clearing his throat and stiffening his voice. "And you can take the tea back." He looked over the cold drinks with a mixture of regret and remembered frustration. "I'm not going to finish it." He reshelved the book he'd started to read in an attempt to annoy Kindle, refusing to look at Badb. "Make sure Stan eats something tonight. He doesn't leave his room for any reason." Feeling a bit more like a parent than a teacher, Julian sighed.
"But--I--uh." Royale frowned as the young elf quickly departed. So much for saying it was an unfamiliar castle. He huffed. Might as well go ask those two women if they knew where they were. This castle couldn't be that hard to figure out, right?

"Excuse me, miladies," He called out to the passing women. "Forgive my intrusion, I hope you could tell me where I am exactly." Royale glanced around the hallway. "I'm afraid I'm quite new here. I haven't the foggiest idea how to navigate this place."
Aneira trembled slightly as she felt Magnolia weave her fingers into the long red hair in which the ginger girl took such pride. The action, though innocent in appearance, had the feeling of a threat to it. She swallowed hard and struggled to maintain her composure. "Marriage?" she asked. There was a sinking feeling in her chest. "I, um." She went through all of the likely candidates in her mind (again) and was (still) disheartened by the choices before her. "I haven't had time to give it much thought." Guarded, she met the queen's eyes with her green ones.
Badb simply nodded at him, she felt no need to bother him and knew that it would’ve been more then inappropriate to do so. Her blue eyes blinked at the tea and she bit back a sigh as she walked over to the table and began to take the dishes into her trembling hands. When the wizard made a comment about Stan she looked up at him with careful eyes. He couldn’t have known about what Stan had said of course—or at least that’s what she wanted to think.

His comment made her wonder quietly if perhaps Stan’s strongly fevered demand was not purely his own but also Julian’s as well. As far as she was concerned she hadn’t done anything to warrant the hostilities of either man. Her thoughts idly went to Kindle and figured that something of the day’s events had most certainly made her reputation seem much more exciting then it was and therefore it would only make sense that she was to not touch. The curly haired woman made another mental note to keep her distance—she would give no man or woman in the court any reason to fear for her being around—unless it was fear for their life.

After taking the dishes in her hand she gave the Lord of Irisepensh a simple curtsy and said, a bit bitterly, “As you wish.” Forcing the Elvish out of her lips empathically. She turned abruptly and headed out the door to take care of that in which he demanded.

She did not arrive at Stan’s room right away; instead she fiddled with the dishes in the kitchen, not allowing any of the other servants take them from her to wash. After what felt like an obscene amount of time to be mucking around (though it was by no means obscene or long at all) the human woman trudged up the stairs to the young apprentice’s room. She knocked on it with great caution and prayed to the gods in which she didn’t believe that he would not be in his room.

xx

Violete wasn't sure how to direct the conversation between herself and Snow so kept silent for the most part. When her lady and herself were addressed by the young man (who her eye’s had sought out before) she nearly jumped. The young princess hadn’t expected him to address them, it hadn’t seemed proper, but she simply ignored the queerness of it. Violete opened her mouth to speak and then shut it as Snow spoke between them.

Princess Violete was taken aback by Snow’s sudden forwardness. “Yes, I do have my map my dear.” The dark haired woman said with stiffness—it hadn’t surprised her that the woman was so eager to leave her. Princess Violete was eager to be out of her fiancé’s presence as well but she hadn’t expected it to be so abrupt.

With confused eyes she blinked rapidly as the Lady vanished around the corner, leaving her in the hall with but her map and the echoing of almost silent footsteps. She looked back at the young man who was standing carefully on the edge of the wall. She smiled at him shyly; it was not her place to show anyone around. She was a princess and therefore everyone was to cater to her, even little lords like the one in front of her.

But something made her decide to ignore her place, if only for the moment. She knew that it would be best not to go about with someone whom she felt strongly for simply by a glance but chose that this was another thing that needed to be ignored. Looking at Royale she said, softly, “I’m afraid I’m also quite new and not much good with maps so if you could help me, I would be more then happy to help you.”

xx

The Queen only grinned at the ginger princess as she presented her answer. “What a smart lady you are my dear.” She patted the young elf’s check condescendingly. “After all, your husband hasn’t even been dead a year.” Her eyes looked back to Aneira’ dress, the smile still plain on her lips. “Though it does seem your mourning is done and a woman like you should not be widowed so young.”

“Don’t you agree, my dear?”
Royale beamed at Violete's words. "Of course, you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours." His smile quickly faded, "Ah, forgive me, milady, my speech has been most informal. I have only recently entered the court, though that is not a good excuse for my behavior." The young lord bowed. "What is your name, milady?"

x
x
x

hey guys, jade here. i'm making a really really dumb little announcement (don't hate me) but you should click on this and check it out. i figured we could have a form for ya'know, plot things and stuff we'd like to talk about. uwu any who! carry on like this never happened c:
Julian frowned to himself once Badb had gone. He could have kicked himself. "That went just swimmingly." He snarled to thin air. He wouldn't have minded winning her over slowly (wouldn't have minded nearly as much, anyway) if Kindle hadn't been lurking about. With the dragon making his interest so obvious, so much more than Julian was, he felt finished before they'd even properly begun. It wasn't like Julian could make his interest in her legitimate, not even as a mistress. Not with Magnolia breathing down his neck.
The wizard, in an attempt to abandon his thoughts, went to find the dubious comfort of the dwarven duke and his wife. Not only would they be exempt from Magnolia's decree, they might be able to distract him. The two weren't the most sophisticated pair at court, but right now sophistication wasn't what Julian was asking for.
He asked to be announced without preamble, pretending to ignore the dubious glance the butler gave him.
Stan tried to ignore the knock at his door. He was too busy staring at the text of the book without reading any of it and sulking over Julian's reprimand. After a second though, he got up, hopeful that it would be Julian at the door to apologize. Stan imagined his green eyes and opened the door eagerly, then stepped back in surprised when it was Badb.
The change was immediate. The eager light in his eyes darkened and he stood a little straighter, looking at her with an air of the superiority (and jealousy) he felt. "What is it?" he asked shortly.

Aneira repressed the urge to shrink away from Magnolia's touch. Her heart stuttered at Magnolia's words. My dear. Possessive. "Yes, it hasn't been so long since my husband died," she agreed automatically, her mind racing. "My mourning is not quite done, it's just that I find black to be such a dreary color to wear every day. I'm sure my husband wouldn't hold it against me to wear colors even as I continue to mourn." She hoped beyond hope that this statement would put the queen off, at least for some time. Maybe long enough that she would marry and Aneira could stop fearing that fate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff