Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Lunatic

I want to see the Nanoha series re-dubbed. Season 3 (StrukerS) was never dubbed and we never will know if it will. But if it does, I hope they get new actors. Especially since the characters are older in StrikerS.

Seasons 1 and 2 (A's) were dubbed in English by Geneon. It's meh. I saw all 3 seasons subbed, loved it, and eagerly awaited a dub.

I was disappointed in the dub. Some of the voices were good.

GOOD voices:
Lindy
Arf
Zafira
Signum
Vita (somewhat)
Shamal (decent)
Yuuno (hated his voice at first, but grew to love it )

The minor characters had shitty voices, but that's expected.

Nanoha.....disappointed. Christina Vee just....her voice had the innocence, but the action scenes.....meh. That Starlight Breaker in ep 11 was s**t.

Fate....meh. Jen Alyx shouldn't have been Fate. The voice was too feminine, acting was so fake.

Hayate: ******** terrible. That scream when she got possessed by Reinforce.....I wanted to vomit!

All in all, the dub had SOME good voices, no cuts, no censors, original music kept....Main voices could've been better.

EDIT: there was NO POINT IN CHANGING THE VOICES OF THE INTELLIGENT DEVICES. THEY ALREADY SPOKE IN ENGLISH TO BEGIN WITH.

Tokyo Mew Mew. We all know how much Mew Mew Power sucked. I'd love to see Funimation take over.

Good voices:

Ryou (Elliot)
Pai (Sardon)
Mint (Corina)
Lettuce (Bridget)
Zakuro (Renee)

Everything else....Ichigo (Zoey) had an ANNOYING english voice. Masaya (Mark) sounded like an old geezer. Kisshu (Dren)....don't get me started. Pudding (Kiki), Taruto (******** NO.

Questionable Conversationalist

Utena. The original dub is like 80% atrocious and it's pretty old so I wouldn't mind seeing a new dub...but I don't think I'd want to buy it again unless the price was reasonable...like $60 to $50 for the whole series...since I already put in $120 to get the remastered set...

I honestly didn't mind Utena's voice (lol Misty from Pokemon), and Shiori's voice had that distinct (nasal?) sound that I actually found likable and not unpleasant to listen to. But Anthy was atrocious, and Juri was not perfect enough :c
And the background cast were hit or miss and all over the god damn place on pronunciation and everyone was so...eh sometimes god awful sometimes I'm desensitized so I just don't care anymore.

Unbeatable Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Pokemon.

Nuff said

Eloquent Sex Symbol

Pokemon, and then CardCaptor Sakura. Changing portions of the storyline always irks me. Cutting out half a series irks me more. All the music was changed, and a lot of the voice acting was eh. Altogether it just was a totally different series.

I haven't really watched any dubs in awhile though so I'm not sure about others...

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
The Higurashi dub needs to be redubbed, and Kai needs to be dubbed, period.

I'm a dub person but the Higurashi dub was just plain awful.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mitsuki the ninja
The Higurashi dub needs to be redubbed, and Kai needs to be dubbed, period.

I'm a dub person but the Higurashi dub was just plain awful.

100% agree. I feel like there was 0 effort in the dub.. it was flat and emotionless..

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,925 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Yu-gi-oh. a lot of things in the english dub were kind of toned down. i.e. the concept of 'shadow realm' in place of having characters die lmao.
I don't really like re-dubs. I hear the re-dub of Akira blows, and I don't in a million years want the first Overfiend movie re-dubbed, since the existing one is comedic GOLD.

On the other hand, the ADV dub of Wedding Peach is horrible. But who watches Wedding Peach except subbed?

Sweet Star

Mage Class
Yu-gi-oh. a lot of things in the english dub were kind of toned down. i.e. the concept of 'shadow realm' in place of having characters die lmao.

^Yessss ouo
I'd also like it if they didn't change characters' names into English ones
Milady Alluca
Utena. The original dub is like 80% atrocious and it's pretty old so I wouldn't mind seeing a new dub...but I don't think I'd want to buy it again unless the price was reasonable...like $60 to $50 for the whole series...since I already put in $120 to get the remastered set...

I honestly didn't mind Utena's voice (lol Misty from Pokemon), and Shiori's voice had that distinct (nasal?) sound that I actually found likable and not unpleasant to listen to. But Anthy was atrocious, and Juri was not perfect enough :c
And the background cast were hit or miss and all over the god damn place on pronunciation and everyone was so...eh sometimes god awful sometimes I'm desensitized so I just don't care anymore.
I ******** forgot Misty was Utena rofl . I guess its like finding out Faye is also Haruhi.
Magic Knight Rayearth (although they should keep Umi's VA) and Cardcaptor Sauka, although they could keep the old voices are just not cut everything out

SapphicSentinel's Pardner

Indulgent Receiver

Hetalia, Funimation changed the script so much the dub can't even be considered canon. Also, holocaust jokes? Really?

Hilarious Lunatic

RayearthNinja
Magic Knight Rayearth (although they should keep Umi's VA) and Cardcaptor Sauka, although they could keep the old voices are just not cut everything out

I hate the CCS dub voices. Sakura sounded like a teenager. She did NOT sound like a 4th grader. I was expecting her to have a softer, lighter voice, close to her original Japanese voice, which was sweet, cute, and, well...more like her age.
Lisa Is I
RayearthNinja

I hate the CCS dub voices. Sakura sounded like a teenager. She did NOT sound like a 4th grader. I was expecting her to have a softer, lighter voice, close to her original Japanese voice, which was sweet, cute, and, well...more like her age.
yeah, looking back your right. Although, I'd kill to have Matt Hill return as Kero. rofl It's just amazing, even if its not very good

OpZeroFilms's Kouhai

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
I want to see Magical DoReMi redubbed. The first dub was done by 4kids, and they only did the first two seasons. I'd like to see the entire series get dubbed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff