Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tricky Treasure

I'm all for things going on sale (it's 3 bucks guys, geez), but personally I think if normal EIs are gonna make a resurgence, that 10 dollar price tag has to go.

I'm a little alarmed to see people are actually MAD about reduced prices, though. You're damned if you do and if you're damned if you don't, I guess.

Magic GO

Gamine
I'm all for things going on sale (it's 3 bucks guys, geez), but personally I think if normal EIs are gonna make a resurgence, that 10 dollar price tag has to go.

I'm a little alarmed to see people are actually MAD about reduced prices, though. You're damned if you're do and if you're damned if you don't, I guess.

I could've bought a case of Ramen with that extra 3 bucks. I want my Ramen! emotion_donotwant

Stellar Succubus

Seems weird to have it on sale so early... I never buy EIs first up, and the colour scheme of this one looks like one I wouldn't use.

Slumbering Tengu

Super Pantless Girl
I'm pretty irritated about it. To mark down a BRAND-NEW full EI, barely a week after it's release?

It destroys what makes a first-gen item special, I think. I'd have felt a lot better if this sale had happened after it was done evolving, or even just not before the first evolution - I don't care if there are 9000000 10th Gen or whatever it winds up being at the end.

But it makes me regret wasting my time doing GCash offer, that's for sure.

It destroys what makes a first-gen item special? Really?

What makes a first-gen so special? Why it's access to the new poses of course
When it evolves you get to use the new poses, when it finishes you get to have them all
With other gens you have that lag time to access the new poses

Making it $3 less isn't going to change this fact or ruin anything that makes it special
It may decrease it's price tag in the marketplace but that was never really it's special point
What made EI first-gens profitable was the fact that you could use the new poses without waiting
Selling them off to the people who want to use the new poses now and don't want to wait

Whether you bought it full price or on discount the point is that you have the item now
shouldn't that be enough? Granted sure it bums that you could have saved money but hey that's life

Fluffy Otaku

After reading through the thread, I am inclined to think that...

1) Gaia is experimenting on "sales"/marketing models--how much should be marked down, the timing, and probably other aspects I can't think of right now.

2) The EI is not selling as well as it should be. They are probably comparing this to previous EI sales and possibly how well the 1st gen of the Emerald Dream went.

I think their next experiment will involve selling an item at a low price first for one day only, with the warning of shooting up to the "normal" price the next day---think of it like a pre-selling condominium/stock/real estate. (At least that's my experience with those things)

*shrug*

Playful Lover

11,675 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Survivor 150
I am a bit irritated that they are doing a whole "sale" thing, seeing as I was one of the people that bought the EI at full price.
My thoughts are, if you are doing a sale for an item like this, please, please, please, do it when the item first comes out!

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
meep12345
Ninja Katze

Do you feel as though users should have been informed of this kind of thing before they put something on sale? I feel like they should have, since they have never done this before with EI's. A general, overall heads up two weeks ago would have been nice, accept I don't think they knew they were going to do this two weeks ago. I doubt an item that sells really well to begin with will see a discount.

I feel like they could not get people to buy this item simply because they released too much at once. There was no particular highlight on it, and it's rather plain, even with the mods, and background, mostly because it's all one color. There were many other "nicer" choices and still are. A discount would have been better received if they had waited for the second, or even later generations. At least it would make this particular Gen more exclusive for collectors and vendors, particularly because if might not be selling very well.

I feel like some sort of compensation should be given, simply because it was never stated that we would be "enjoying" future discounts on EI's at some point. This may put an overall damper on their future sales for a few weeks until people forget. I know I will be waiting until the second gen or even third from now on...

Sales are a normal thing, but I've never heard of a store randomly discounting something out of no where, especially within the first week of sales.

Well, I don't think they could have informed users of the sale, since it feels, just like with the CV sale, really unplanned cat_neutral I mean, it would have been nice if they had done something like this during the Summer Sale, but I guess Gaia can only have sales when they're not having sales cat_rolleyes I dunno... I mean, when you consider the Teal Box situation that just occurred, and users ability to take advantage of it on their mules, this means a lot of accounts have 500gCa$h on them... So a sale that puts an item just above what most Gaians have might entice these same Gaians to spend another $5 on Gaia, so they can nab this discount EI cat_rolleyes

Well, I personally found this EI way more appealing than the Emerald Dream (which I lost all interest in after they ruined the Scarecrow), but also because my choices were limited too: I can't afford anything in the CV (not that they've had anything I would/want to purchase), being the poor, pathetic AutoCa$h $ubscriber that I am, but I also learned my lesson with rEIs a long time ago... So... rEI 2nd gens are always awesome (no wait, all the poses, usually cheaper in the MP cat_wink )... So, the choices available to me basically said why not pick up this EI? It won't finish for awhile, so I don't need to feel rushed (IRL does enough of that for me) and, well, it has a theme that I like... I'm just hoping it won't end up being gory/violent/frilly User Image

Ja... I'm definitely glad I did not purchase this EI to vend, but I guess if anything... I will just wait before buying anything "new" in the Ca$h $hop from now on... And, ja, most stores I shop at have sales on old stuff, not new stuff cat_neutral

I didn't take advantage of that teal box business, it seems dirty or something, like we are violating the ToS somehow, though not really since they make the rules.
It's too blue for me, right now. I am not putting it out altogether, just waiting. I also bought an Emerald dream when it first came out, and another cash item later, and didn't have enough so I spent the rest on the Moira item yesterday. If I had waited, I would have totally bought one at the discounted price since EI's have way more potential than REI's... Dang.

And at least you can afford autocash, I can't even do that, so we can ride the poor train together. I have to wait to get money from commissions to buy anything, it's my extra spending money. I hope the item goes further and becomes better for my personal tastes, I just don't like all the blue in the first poses. I also don't want it to be frilly, or gory, maybe a bit of violence, but mostly classy.

Moonlight Witch

32,265 Points
  • Sugar Plum Protector 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Winter Guardian 250
User Image

Well, I bought it for full price so I'm a little surprised at the sale. Good for those who can take advantage of it and bad for those who missed out. sweatdrop

And I agree that the silver lining to this situation is that we'll be seeing an evolution this Friday. I really don't have any expectations for this one yet. Maybe we'll be seeing more unexpected sales/deals in the future on EIs and other items as well.

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
It is rather annoying that they knocked the price down right after I bought one, but well that's how it is sometimes. I've done that before in rl, bought an item at the store only to have it go on sale, or be marked down to move the stock out a week or two later. That's life for you.

Though I wouldn't mind if they started these sales more often, like right when the item comes out perhaps.

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
I think it'd be nice for those who bought it full price got some sort of consolation for doing so, like the supposed CV thing when they opened it's doors and then Oops! Surprise sale! Though the dates are more spaced out, it still quite early for a sale on it. It'd be a nice little token that the difference between CV tier and CS tier are, in their eyes, on the same level (though that's a dirty lie) If they're just gonna start random sales on stuff, they have to be a bit more organized about it.

Revered Connoisseur

It's just like... sales on malls here. They could've planned this from the start. I wonder if this will affect the quality and waiting time of this EI? I think it's really safe now not to buy much with GC.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I feel like having two EIs running at6 the same time is just too much for Gaians lol

Gaia has been letting out so many expensive items lately! How can they expect their members to buy them all up?

Dead Hellraiser

Shedeem
Not making me very happy, I bought with gold. Cash or gold it really sucks they dropped the price now.
Oh no, it dropped a whole 10k (Seriously, it was 830k before the sale today.)

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Achriya
Shedeem
Not making me very happy, I bought with gold. Cash or gold it really sucks they dropped the price now.
Oh no, it dropped a whole 10k (Seriously, it was 830k before the sale today.)

10k is srs business, yo.
That's like...3 Booty Grab games. D:
~King Awesome

Sparkly Fairy

9,500 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Konan Tatsuhiko
StrawberryZ0mbie
I think in the future (should mark-downs become a thing), Gaia should consider marking down items that have been in the shop for a while--maybe right before they actually move out of the shop--instead of newly released ones. And maybe release a promotional about a mark-down sale a week before it happens.

It would be super awesome if they did discounts when they do cash shop cleanouts

This I totally agree with; and Gaia has done it a few times in the past.
I tried to find the old threads that showed the discount items during past Cleanups, but got bored after the first seven pages (which dates back to July 2012) LOL
Here are the last 3 Cleanup announcements...but none of them have a sale going on neutral

Cash Shop Cleanup Feb 2013
Cash Shop Cleanup Nov 2012
Cash Shop Cleanup August 2012

Oh, well, I tried to find the threads that talked about the cleanup sale... I guess it's been a lot longer than I thought. BUT... I'm pretty sure that there was at least one Cleanup Sale, once upon a time sweatdrop

But if Gaia can take the time to announce ahead of time a Cash Shop Cleanup, they should be able to announce ahead of time a sale they plan to do. Some of us are actually adults who have to balance household budgets and others are people who carefully plan their purchases around their schedule to do "free" cash activities to build up their cash. To be honest, whilst I'm not exactly happy about this discount being done just a few days after a $10 EI was released for which I paid full price, I feel that the people affected the worst are those who do the activities for "free" cash, saving up for that $10 item, only to find out they wasted $3 of their time (and at $0.03 per video, at least that's how much I earn, that's a helluva lot of videos to have to watch to get ONE item!!). I REALLY feel badly for those folks.

Anyways, I'm sure someone is going to come along and rip apart everything I've said and flame me and all the *good* things that come with the GCD... so I'm just going to leave it at this.

Gaia, you screwed up. You may have gained a little bit of extra income in the short term with this discount, but you may end up losing a lot of GCash customers as a result of it. I suppose only time will tell.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff