Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello there everyone.
I'm stuck on one of my art projects...
It's got me feeling rather hopeless too.

"Draw an natural event, sunset, sunrise, ect."

- Any ideas on how to get the creative juices flowing?
- What helps you when you're stuck and feeling down?
I brute-force my way out of it by making myself draw, even if the result sucks. Eventually I get my inspiration back. (:
keiiii
I brute-force my way out of it by making myself draw, even if the result sucks. Eventually I get my inspiration back. (:

That's what I was doing, but it's one of my first assignments and I'd like to somewhat impress my professor.
I do have one drawing done, but I simply hate it, so may continue to force myself to work...
I had this problem a while ago, and the answer actually varies per person. For most people, they listen to music or read something, then draw what they feel. Maybe you've tried it, and it does or doesn't work for you. I was given a tip to try and draw upside down, with or without your eyes closed. Or if you can't draw something, then just practice drawing parts of whatever, then you can perfect one part of something, even if you don't know the entire thing of it. Hope I helped at least a little?

Tipsy Scarface

13,400 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Champion 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
~. I'd try to move on to something else. Put it on the back-burner for a while and muscle though some other drawings. Then approach it with fresh eyes.
User Image .~
I usually try writing a little. Or snacking.

Gesture drawing also usually helps me. xD Or just sketching in general.
SasoriLover11
I had this problem a while ago, and the answer actually varies per person. For most people, they listen to music or read something, then draw what they feel. Maybe you've tried it, and it does or doesn't work for you. I was given a tip to try and draw upside down, with or without your eyes closed. Or if you can't draw something, then just practice drawing parts of whatever, then you can perfect one part of something, even if you don't know the entire thing of it. Hope I helped at least a little?

You have helped, any advice dose. I'll probably turn up my music when I attempt the assignment again.
Yes, I'm taking a break from it now and I'm also going to dinner soon... Food always makes me feel better.
you can remember something you like, like a person or place or something like that smile ... it always works (most of the time xD)
User Image
A wish upon a star...

draw random little things! you get creative on making the little pictures look cool and it might inspire you.

User Image
...is always a wish of hope
yeah, I'm have trouble with artist block too. I think it's because I don't know where I want to go next with my art. Like what style I want to do? What kind of things do I want to draw?
I still trying to figure it out )=
I suggest watching an anime or a T.v. show that Inspires you.
looking at others art work on Devintart?
a song you like?
When I have an artist block, I take a little break, listen to music I like, watching a movie, or take a nap. Ideas naturaly come to me when I'm not thinking about anything. ;P
I try some still life or random doodling... but artist block is a huge problem for me, x.x
I dunno, I usually find that if it's not something I want to draw, it's something you've been given and you're out of ideas to try and look at other artists. It worked once for me but I'd say all the other advice is good, I hope you can get some inspiration back!
idea just go outside one bight summer day and sit there and doddle random trees things like that you could even draw some anime charters out in the woods or sittin by a tree smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff