Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay so me and my friend are starting a manga but He can't draw well and doesn't have a lot of time nowadays to draw, and I can't draw anything waist down and suck at hands and feet. We both really good at coming up with a story and we have an over all plot but we need an artist. I'm looking for the following:

~A person who can draw good (Meaning no stick figures)
~Someone who is ready to work
~Someone who will draw a sorta Shonen Ai manga
~Please have a sense of humor!

Plot: The main character that the story really revolves around is Misaki Kuroku. He's a new student at Hikari High school. He had to transfer out of his old school because of being bullied to the point where he stopped going to school. One day he got lost when looking for the library and ended up in the Anime Club room. There he met Dante Junken, Rysensui Miuzaki, and Zan Kusho. Unknown to him that the school has monsters students. He so far is one of the few humans that attend the high school. So what the Anime Club does when they find out he's a human they decided to help him make it through the year without getting hurt by any of the other students. Because the Anime Club is oddly comprised of good looking guys, Misaki fit right in. Dante, the head of the Anime Club has now started dressing Misaki and the other three members so far up in cosplay outfits and has started a photo shoot with them modeling the outfits. So basically Misaki has to find a way to get through the next three school years without getting killed by his classmates.

Here's the main character in his cosplay outfit (I drew this) : Sorry that it's not in color ^_^"

So if anyone is interested please tell me!
Hmmmm...

That sounds like something I might be interested in.
hi i am ochan and we are deciding on a few artists so keep posting and we might just choose you
So where does the shounen-ai come in? >_>;

How long will this project be, how often do you expect the artist to produce a completed page and what will the artist be paid? Also, are you looking for a drawing style in particular?
Miser Bellatrix
So where does the shounen-ai come in? >_>;

How long will this project be, how often do you expect the artist to produce a completed page and what will the artist be paid? Also, are you looking for a drawing style in particular?

1. The shonen -Ai comes in with the club boys. Dante tries to flirt with Misaki and Zan falls in love with Misaki and so does Sai. Then there's the yaoi club which I'll pretty much say thats also where it comes in. All the members are guys. The rest will happen as the story unfolds.
2. I have no clue how long it will be, I'm still discussing it with O-chan.
3. I don't really have any deadlines at the moment. But probably a page every 2 weeks at the latest. But I'm not really sure.
4. The artist will be paid on the amount of detail and work. If it's a 3 second doodle on MS paint then the payment won't probably happen. But I'm willing to go about 900g a page if it's in black in white and 1200g if its in color. I'm still selling all of my stuff so I can get more money but I have enough to pay for a while.
5. Pretty much any style at the moment but so far our preference is anime/manga style.

If you would like to apply for being the artist just send me sample of your work and I'll talk it over with O-chan. So far we have one applicant but we want to see more styles and artists before we choose.

Distinct Seeker

This looks interesting. @~@;;;;
Oh dear. This whole thing's nothing but clichés and bad judgment calls.

Come back when you can write a story that's not set in your magical fantasy world where gays are fragile pretty girl-like things that get beaten up by "monsters" and sexual preference counts as a personality trait.

Also, seems "blind in one eye" is the new "white hair" or "angel wings".
So the anime club decides to help him get through the year without getting hurt?
And they also dress him up in costumes, so now he's not sure if he'll make it through the year without getting hurt?
Fantastic ******** planning there champ. How about trying to actually write?
Haseo_kun
Dante Junken

"Dante Junken" is a perfectly reasonable name for a Japanese character!

When setting your project in another culture, it generally helps to actually know something about that culture.
What is it with you people and fey cookie cutter boys anyways?
Digital War
So the anime club decides to help him get through the year without getting hurt?
And they also dress him up in costumes, so now he's not sure if he'll make it through the year without getting hurt?
Fantastic ******** planning there champ. How about trying to actually write?

Yes that's pretty much the jist of it. I actually have written most of the comic right now and I have made a rough draft of my own. I'm going to send it to the artist when we pick one.
Are you honestly telling us you cannot see the glaring plothole there?
Tfear High Command
Haseo_kun
Dante Junken

"Dante Junken" is a perfectly reasonable name for a Japanese character!

When setting your project in another culture, it generally helps to actually know something about that culture.

I actually won Japanese Jepordy at a Convention and I have been studying about Japanese culture for years. I am planning to go to collage there in a few years. I currently speak some Japanese and I study about Japan everyday because I want to live there.
I study Mars every day, I am going to live so ******** well on Mars due all this studying.

Yuppers.
Sheesh, you do realise that you can't ever replace actually living in a country with studying its culture and crap? If you do the latter, at best you'll end up with the equivalent of Gaiman's America in the Sandman series - something that doesn't exist, a shadow, a foreigner's conception (not that I dislike Gaiman, quite the opposite in fact).

How about you set it in a place you've actually experienced?

(Also, who's willing to bet that "studying Japanese culture" means watching subbed anime and reading manga that's printed right to left to cut costs?)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff