Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tovarish Groznaya
Are you honestly telling us you cannot see the glaring plothole there?

I understand that there are a few errors but the comic is still in it's early stages, and there is an anime called "Sukisho" where some of the same things happen. It's not an alternent world, it's set in modern Japan but it adds monsters from different parts of the world. Like Dante for example, he is a vampire and since Misaki is a human he is attracted to him because he wants to suck his blood.
Haseo_kun
Tfear High Command
Haseo_kun
Dante Junken

"Dante Junken" is a perfectly reasonable name for a Japanese character!

When setting your project in another culture, it generally helps to actually know something about that culture.

I actually won Japanese Jepordy at a Convention and I have been studying about Japanese culture for years. I am planning to go to collage there in a few years. I currently speak some Japanese and I study about Japan everyday because I want to live there.

Junken isn't an actual Japanese family name, and Dante is a goddamn Italian name.
. . .

FYI, that's my braincells dying a painful, bloody death.

1. Plotholes should be eliminated before you present your story in any ******** way.

2. If there are vampires and other such critters in the comic, it's an alternate world. There is no such thing in vampires in reality. Unless you're talking about certain species of bats.

3. How old are you?
Tovarish Groznaya
Sheesh, you do realise that you can't ever replace actually living in a country with studying its culture and crap? If you do the latter, at best you'll end up with the equivalent of Gaiman's America in the Sandman series - something that doesn't exist, a shadow, a foreigner's conception (not that I dislike Gaiman, quite the opposite in fact).

How about you set it in a place you've actually experienced?

(Also, who's willing to bet that "studying Japanese culture" means watching subbed anime and reading manga that's printed right to left to cut costs?)

Actually I have read text books and CDs. I'm trying to get into classes at my high school. So I'm not just an Otaku who just reads manga and watches anime and thinks they know everything about Japanese culture. I am actually getting off my but and trying to learn about a different places. I'm also studying the history and talking about it with my teachers. I also have Japanese friends who are helping me.
Oh, and there's an anime where the same things happen? That, mate, is called a rip-off. What you're doing is plagiarism.

And for ******** sake, classes and CDs and Japanese friends won't substitute you the reality of living in country unless you're an absolutely amazing writer or you're taking a few liberties due to the world being alternate.

Are you trolling or are you really that dense and arrogant?
Tfear High Command
Haseo_kun
Tfear High Command
Haseo_kun
Dante Junken

When setting your project in another culture, it generally helps to actually know something about that culture.

I actually won Japanese Jepordy at a Convention and I have been studying about Japanese culture for years. I am planning to go to collage there in a few years. I currently speak some Japanese and I study about Japan everyday because I want to live there.

Junken isn't an actual Japanese family name, and Dante is a goddamn Italian name.

I know it's not, that's why he's my Character. Japanese characters can have names from other cultures. Take Lupin for example, he's French, and it's not "Junken" it's pronounced "Juneken".
I have read about Mars in textbooks.
There have been documentaries about Mars, I have watched them.

Mars is going to be super fun.
Tovarish Groznaya
Oh, and there's an anime where the same things happen? That, mate, is called a rip-off. What you're doing is plagiarism.

And for f**k's sake, classes and CDs and Japanese friends won't substitute you the reality of living in country unless you're an absolutely amazing writer or you're taking a few liberties due to the world being alternate.

Are you trolling or are you really that dense and arrogant?

I'm talking about the setting. The setting is an all boys school and that's what our setting is.
Anime isn't an accurate portrayal of Japanese life and school systems, just like American high school shows are not accurate representations of high school. If that's your main source for what Japanese schools are like ... well ... what can I say?
Tovarish Groznaya
. . .

FYI, that's my braincells dying a painful, bloody death.

1. Plotholes should be eliminated before you present your story in any ******** way.

2. If there are vampires and other such critters in the comic, it's an alternate world. There is no such thing in vampires in reality. Unless you're talking about certain species of bats.

3. How old are you?

1. I know that's why we are still working on it. We are going back and fixing everything so it makes sense.

2. Fine then it's an alternent world.

3. I don't think I have to tell you my age. That's going into my personal business and I don't want to let a person I have never met before and do not know, know anything about me.
Haseo_kun
Tfear High Command
Haseo_kun
Tfear High Command
Haseo_kun
Dante Junken

I know it's not, that's why he's my Character. Japanese characters can have names from other cultures. Take Lupin for example, he's French, and it's not "Junken" it's pronounced "Juneken".

Lupin has a French name because he's supposed to be French.

Japan is pretty great, but anime is absolutely the worst way to learn about it. Read books, poke around online, look for photos, watch live action movies, learn the history and the culture.
I hear Mars is lovely at this time of year.
Fine you know what, I'll just throw everything away and give up. Screw my dreams and my ideas, apparently they are all flawed and they are never going to be good.
1. Learn to write better stories

2. Learn to research

3. Learn to deal with criticism.
Tovarish your such a.. ugh! why you picking on him like that that mean and he can do what ever the hell he wants with the things he does and you shouldn't make ******** judgemental calls on your part

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff