Welcome to Gaia! ::

Coronavirus brought it back...

Poll Pimps = TEH SEX 0.31914893617021 31.9% [ 30 ]
GGW XI Playoffs 0.085106382978723 8.5% [ 8 ]
Due AUGUST 15 0.12765957446809 12.8% [ 12 ]
PROMPT ROUND 0.17021276595745 17.0% [ 16 ]
Woot panda! 0.29787234042553 29.8% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 94 ]

Indeed.. spoiler tags are dangerous. Back in the day when we'd get dozens of entries in a round, it was easy to lose in the sea of casual conversation.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
The Ocean At The End of The Lane is actually the first book of his I read.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
My favorite by him is Neverwhere. Its amazing.

Dangerous Enabler

Wing: and then the whole forum died an ignominious death.

Yu: Oh, wow! Are you going to read more now?

Frosted: My favorite is Good Omens, though I kind of love everything.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
I've never actually read Good Omens, I thought that one was Terry Prachett, but I looked it up and saw they co-wrote it. Its on my list of things to read!

Dangerous Enabler

One of the cool things about Good Omens is that they self-inserted as two of the characters (Crowley and Aziraphale), and it's reflected in the cover art: the ones with a white cover list Gaiman first and have Crowley on them, and the ones with a black cover list Pratchett first and have Aziraphale, and they're in similar poses but facing different directions.

My roommate and I have one of each cover right now. We have two, when between the two of us we have purchased a total of 7. They keep going missing.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
That's cool--although weird they are going missing? Mysterious well read gremlins?

Dangerous Enabler

There's an author's note at the end of the book itself that makes it funnier - apparently a lot of people have them stolen by family members and such. One of our copies once went missing in my roommate's mom's van - the same van she cleans out completely every week.

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
That's too funny! Well at least you are sharing the books with the world!

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Yeah, I did like the book. I only found out about him because a friend told me that if I loved Murakami I would probably like Gaiman as well. But first I need to stop buying books and start finishing the ones I already have...I think I've got a problem with books D: There are so many D:

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
I have that problem too Yu. Bookstores are very dangerous places.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Lurking... ninja

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
You should totes post something there Nemone.

Roy Alexis's Queen

No Sex Symbol

18,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Yes! Do post!

And exactly, Frost! I hate bookstores because I can't leave without buying something. I always bug the lady for bookmarks when I can because...come on, I am spending like 150 bucks here, you can gift me a damn bookmark. I vote that you ought to get a bookmark if you're spending so much money. Otherwise I have stupid things like receipts and movie tickets, mostly movie tickets. TALKING ABOUT MOVIES: I seriously cried through the entire Cinderella movie...I did warn the people; I told them that you can't watch Disney movies with me without me getting some sort of emotional issues--I mean she did go see Toy Story 3 with me and when he gave Woody away that was it for the rest of the day. Moral of the story, don't watch movies with me when I am emotionally attached to the characters because AGE OF ULTRON IS GOING TO HURT.

EDIT: wait! is the recording for january up? did i miss it? i'd check for myself but i dont have internet at home lately, and i am at work right now, which means i am stealing it and my phone isn't cool enough to let the website load. lol

Dangerous Darling

29,800 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
Bahaha, I actually think watching a movie with you would be hilarious Yu. Yes, I totally agree about the bookmark thing--I end up with leaves or napkins or blades of grass or some such nonsense stuck between the pages more often than not.

I don't know about the recording--I thought it was up, but I couldn't get it to work, so I'm really not sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff