Welcome to Gaia! ::

Characters that can't hit reliable kill moves generally end up being pretty terrible. He has the same problems as Game and Watch in Brawl. He can rack up damage and get you in kill %, but landing that kill move is a huge mission.

And that's why Game and Watch was mid tier in Brawl, and that's where Megaman will end up. That or low tier.
Okiinawaa
Characters that can't hit reliable kill moves generally end up being pretty terrible. He has the same problems as Game and Watch in Brawl. He can rack up damage and get you in kill %, but landing that kill move is a huge mission.

And that's why Game and Watch was mid tier in Brawl, and that's where Megaman will end up. That or low tier.

He forward smash is a pretty good kill move though considering it can be done pivoted and has good knockback The only time where he wont be good is against characters that can mess with projectiles. Ness, Pit, Dark Pit, Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, Falco, Villager, Little Mac to name a few. Unless there are more that I didnt name that can mess with projectiles.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
A0yuki
Okiinawaa

He forward smash is a pretty good kill move though considering it can be done pivoted and has good knockback The only time where he wont be good is against characters that can mess with projectiles. Ness, Pit, Dark Pit, Mario, Dr. Mario, Fox, Falco, Villager, Little Mac to name a few. Unless there are more that I didnt name that can mess with projectiles.

You forgot Rosalina.

gonk
Youre right, I forgot about the best character in the game >3< As well as Zelda, and I guess peach.

Unbeatable Conversationalist

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
A0yuki
Okiinawaa

Precisely. Megaman is 90% projectile. Leaving him in a huge disadvantage against characters that can either reflect or absorb projectiles. Hell even the character who don't have special counters for projectiles can easily duck, doge, or pivot out the way. And with virtually no melee attacks, Megaman can't really set you up before launching a projectile.

I be surprise if anyone would use him during a tournament.
Well, he has his grabs and his throws, and ALSO projectiles are a lot more viable this time around because of major nerf to airdodging.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
I think villager is the new annoying character, from what I've played online and seen in tournement play. All villagers seem to just to just camp on the ledge and use the vegetable thing underneath the stage. As well as camping with the slingshot and the rocket gyroid thing.

But I just had this funny mirror match with this other rosalina, I was at 10% and the other rosalina was at 130% but she kept running away because of the time so because of Sakurai's love for TIMED stock matches, it went to sudden death. The other Rosalina ends up grabbing me but she broke the first rule of fighting against Rosalina, you never grab Rosalina. so Luma was still active when I was in the grab stun so luma KO'ed her before her throw KO'ed me.
The Pink Pivot...Oh my god, I just got an advanced tech named after me. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Goddamn, Yoshi's overall mobility seems to have become pretty badass. Everything about him seems to have been buffed compared to Smash Brawl. I'm not overall too familiar with the in depth mechanics, but I can definitely tell he's much better, especially when I saw how well he was handled during that tourney.

I'm fine with the jab, but It feels weird to have Mega Man's buster also be his nair and f-tilt. It's just stupid to have a moveset just for the sake of his run n' gun nod to the classics. In the grand finals, Mega Man got completely wrecked by a Zelda. Mainly done in by his own f-smash due to Zelda's reflect.

One quick question though. How's Jiggs in this game?
ryu_teepo_35
Goddamn, Yoshi's overall mobility seems to have become pretty badass. Everything about him seems to have been buffed compared to Smash Brawl. I'm not overall too familiar with the in depth mechanics, but I can definitely tell he's much better, especially when I saw how well he was handled during that tourney.

I'm fine with the jab, but It feels weird to have Mega Man's buster also be his nair and f-tilt. It's just stupid to have a moveset just for the sake of his run n' gun nod to the classics. In the grand finals, Mega Man got completely wrecked by a Zelda. Mainly done in by his own f-smash due to Zelda's reflect.

One quick question though. How's Jiggs in this game?

Jiggs is apparently in a spot both between Melee and Brawl. Rest is much much better in Smash 4 and can be combo'd into, but not quite as strong as Melee. A bunch of her moves were sped up and a lot of her aerials and smashes have more knockback. Back air is a solid kill move now rather than an offstage juggling tool.

Here's a list of all her changes.
A0yuki
Well, he has his grabs and his throws, and ALSO projectiles are a lot more viable this time around because of major nerf to airdodging.

Part of the reason DHD is so good atm.
So here I am wanting to add something to the discussion, but all I can think about is Chen Aghanims upgrade in 6.82.

3 Black Dragons. 30 second cooldown heal. you know your ******** when a level 16 aghs chen is on your door.

Is it just me or are all of the current "top tiers" in smash 4 boring and 1 dimensional?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I SERIOUSLY CAN'T GET OVER THIS!

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
A0yuki

They nerfed air dodging? Really? I don't seem to notice.

8,400 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
  • First step to fame 200
-Candii_Sweet-
I think villager is the new annoying character, from what I've played online and seen in tournement play. All villagers seem to just to just camp on the ledge and use the vegetable thing underneath the stage. As well as camping with the slingshot and the rocket gyroid thing.

But I just had this funny mirror match with this other rosalina, I was at 10% and the other rosalina was at 130% but she kept running away because of the time so because of Sakurai's love for TIMED stock matches, it went to sudden death. The other Rosalina ends up grabbing me but she broke the first rule of fighting against Rosalina, you never grab Rosalina. so Luma was still active when I was in the grab stun so luma KO'ed her before her throw KO'ed me.

The villager is indeed one hell of a trickster that's for sure. He have so many tricks up his sleeve, you don't know what he's about to do. I'm debating if I want to main him or not. Well Little Mac is going to be my new main. Diddy Kong was the only main character I played in brawl that made it to this game. So he's staying on my most used list.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff