Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Pumpkin

UH CONFIRMED.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Character select?

Okay, Player 2 select character that's a metroid character?

Said selected character's name ends in a Y.

hyppeeeee.

surprised

Shy Rogue

So I played Brawl last night. It was awful. Like, I dont remember having a hard transition from Melee to Brawl when brawl came out, but last night Brawl just felt so Bad and a**-backwards. Im not sure if Its because Im used to PM now which "looks" like brawl, and that threw me off or if its because Im a lot more into competitive melee/PM then I was when Brawl released. It definitely wasn't this uncomfortable to play when I first got into PM a few months ago

Wrathful Shade

So... Ike.... this is the most tearing announcement for me. I loved Ike in Brawl, he was pretty much my main and was the reason I started playing Fire Emblem.... but at the same time I'm kind of disappointed it's not Chrom or Lucina, however there's still time and E3 is right around the corner so we'll see.

Hallowed Pumpkin

-Candii_Sweet-
Character select?

Okay, Player 2 select character that's a metroid character?

Said selected character's name ends in a Y.

hyppeeeee.

surprised

Regardless of who it is, if that IS the select screen which im guessing it will be for the Best Buy events, it looks pretty. smile

XrosHeartless
So... Ike.... this is the most tearing announcement for me. I loved Ike in Brawl, he was pretty much my main and was the reason I started playing Fire Emblem.... but at the same time I'm kind of disappointed it's not Chrom or Lucina, however there's still time and E3 is right around the corner so we'll see.

People are thinking Chrom is still going to make it in and there will be 3 FE reps.

Shy Rogue

Not that I think it real but...

How does that look "pretty"? Standard Definition, Filled with pictures of locks. Background is solid white compared to Brawl and Melee that had a bit of depth with moving images in background (and 64 had a static images with a bit of texture/patterns to it).

Not likely to be a best buy build because there is no reason to show "locked" characters in a demo, and a dev copy would probably have everything unlocked for test purposes and/or have placeholder images. Plus even in Melee where some of the characters where shown as "unlocked" at first much of the roster would have icons appear as they where unlocked, and I think all the Brawl characters did that. Also for anyone who thinks its a 3DS to counter my point of being in SD, its filled with way to much information (Or lack of) to be on a 3DS, the screen would be crowded as ********.

I will say though. Assuming its fake the fact that it goes out of its way to show P2 being the Blue player is a nice touch of detail.

Hallowed Pumpkin

oathkeeper005

How does that look "pretty"? Standard Definition, Filled with pictures of locks. Background is solid white compared to Brawl and Melee that had a bit of depth with moving images in background (and 64 had a static images with a bit of texture/patterns to it).

Not likely to be a best buy build because there is no reason to show "locked" characters in a demo, and a dev copy would probably have everything unlocked for test purposes and/or have placeholder images. Plus even in Melee where some of the characters where shown as "unlocked" at first much of the roster would have icons appear as they where unlocked, and I think all the Brawl characters did that. Also for anyone who thinks its a 3DS to counter my point of being in SD, its filled with way to much information (Or lack of) to be on a 3DS, the screen would be crowded as ********.

I will say though. Assuming its fake the fact that it goes out of its way to show P2 being the Blue player is a nice touch of detail.

Because of general preference?

I play primarily all fighting games on every console and if there is one thing Im tired of at this point its random ******** colors thrown in my face at the Character select HUD.

I really like simple and crisp menu's. I like how Brawls and Melee's menu's are but I also like monochrome tones. So a white background is not bad to me.

As I said before I could care less if its fake or real, the pic itself was pulled from a 4chan/fake/ topic and reddit ate it up.

But like I said, Im tired of FG menu's with god damn tronish colors with random flashing/swirling colors to captivate me. HD games with all of those things going on tend to give me literal headaches after long periods of time because of such. Maybe not everyone, but for me it does. So I tend to like simple things.

Im also very boring in general so that may be another explanation.
NeroRevolver
oathkeeper005

I play primarily all fighting games on every console and if there is one thing Im tired of at this point its random ******** colors thrown in my face at the Character select HUD.

I really like simple and crisp menu's. I like how Brawls and Melee's menu's are but I also like monochrome tones. So a white background is not bad to me.

As I said before I could care less if its fake or real, the pic itself was pulled from a 4chan/fake/ topic and reddit ate it up.

But like I said, Im tired of FG menu's with god damn tronish colors with random flashing/swirling colors to captivate me. HD games with all of those things going on tend to give me literal headaches after long periods of time because of such. Maybe not everyone, but for me it does. So I tend to like simple things.

I've read both of your posts at least twice now and I still don't know what this argument is about.

Omnipresent Poster

oathkeeper005
So I played Brawl last night. It was awful. Like, I dont remember having a hard transition from Melee to Brawl when brawl came out, but last night Brawl just felt so Bad and a**-backwards. Im not sure if Its because Im used to PM now which "looks" like brawl, and that threw me off or if its because Im a lot more into competitive melee/PM then I was when Brawl released. It definitely wasn't this uncomfortable to play when I first got into PM a few months ago

More like you played an inferior build of Brawl and lost the necessary skills. I assure you, if you are having problems with Brawl, get ready for Smash U.

Hallowed Pumpkin

Mercain
NeroRevolver
oathkeeper005

I've read both of your posts at least twice now and I still don't know what this argument is about.

The leaked brawl character select screen. I was asked "why do you think it looks pretty".

Shy Rogue

Vintrict
oathkeeper005

More like you played an inferior build of Brawl and lost the necessary skills. I assure you, if you are having problems with Brawl, get ready for Smash U.

I got a good chuckle out of this.
First off, I never said anything about loss of skill, I simply said the game did not feel good to play.
Second, Project M is not an "inferior version" of brawl anymore than Melee is a "superior version" of Brawl. Its a different game, albeit created using brawls disk/data as a base and melees mechanics as a reference. The Goal of Project M was NEVER to *fix* brawl, as much as it was to create a Psuedo-Successor to melee. Whether Brawl/ProjectM/Melee is a better *Game* is a complete different story.
Third, Smash 4 will, Hopefully, not be like Brawl, but I know its incredibly unrealistic to expect it to be like Melee either. What I know I CAN hope for is a new smash game that is fun in its own right. And I will be honest, there a few things I don't like in smash 4 from what I've seen, But I sure as hell will give it a chance. Worst case scenario I can always choose not play it and Stick with only Melee/ProjectM.

I'm not gonna say Brawl can't be enjoyed, I played it competitively for 3 years and continued afterward occasionally to play it casually, and if you like it then by all means enjoy it. But After re-exposing myself to Melee and then coming into PM, I simply find the game really not comfortable to play, and I honestly don't have the interest in it enough to re-learn it.

Honestly though the main reasons I'm into PM:
1: I really enjoy playing Pit in PM, and Honestly hes probably my best character and feels more natural to me than any of my Melee characters currently do.
2: A lot of former brawl players are more willing to get into PM then Melee because they've tricked themselves into believing melee is to hardcore for them.
3: My city has only 2-3 melee players Im aware of, and they also play PM.
4: Its another game I can play at an event that I can enjoy rather than waiting for brackets to get far enough in that setups start opening up for friendlies.

I got back into smash to play Melee, PM just happens to be the one I have an easier time getting to play.

Shy Rogue

NeroRevolver
oathkeeper005

I can appreciate liking a simple design, but to me it actually kind of looks like a mess. The background isn't even my main issue with it as much as all the non-existing information that takes up the screen. The SD comment was more about the quality of the images on the screen rather than the amount of stuff shoved in it. But as far as background images and colors go, My problem was not that it wasn't packed with color as much as it was a single solid color with nothing else to complement it aside from a wall of shitty Standard Definition "locked" icons. To be fair its not Ugly as s**t, I just don't see it as "pretty"

Also I totally just noticed theres two "3rd" players, lol.

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

9,775 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
oathkeeper005

Why do you respond to everyone with large paragraphs?

emotion_drool

Shy Rogue

-Candii_Sweet-
oathkeeper005

Why do you respond to everyone with large paragraphs?

emotion_drool

because thats how I talk/write? I dunno, lol. seems like that's just how much space it took to say everything I wanted.

Omnipresent Poster

oathkeeper005

What do I care. It's a party game that people continue to think is competitive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff