Welcome to Gaia! ::

I seriously don't know why people like Roy. It's sometimes puzzles me.

But anyway, how do you guys utilize WAVE-DANCING not Wave-Dashing. I've only used it after I knock the player far away, and pretty much use it as something to show off, but did you guys find a good use for it during battle?
if u have falco or dox at cornaria and prees the left right button of the game cub u can call ur friend to shoot hte otherperson its sweet
Favorite character: Captain Falcon
Best Character: Marth
Worst: Pichu
Favorite Stage: Mute City and Temple

Newbie Noob

chibi shinryuu
Roy isn't the best. No character is the best, it depends how you use them.. or if you believe in tiers, thats a different story.

If you go by the tiers, then it'd turn out like this:

<b>Top</b>
Sheik
Fox
Marth

<b>Upper </b>
Falco
Peach
Captain Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff

<b>High</b>
Ganondorf
Mario
Dr. Mario
Luigi

<b>Middle</b>
Link
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Roy
Zelda
Young Link
Yoshi

<B>Lower</b>
Ness
Donkey Kong
Kirby
Mr. Game and Watch
Mewtwo

<b>Bottom</b>
Bowser
Pichu

But I don't think that there is a universal tier system for SSBM. I still think there are tiers, I just think that it is different for every single person. Like me for instance, just a short glace at this list and I would be switching Mr.G&W with Pichu, and Mewtwo with Bowser. Bringing Zelda and Peach into the Lower tier and possibly moving Pichu and Bowser up some more and some other guys up or down.
SSYugi511
I seriously don't know why people like Roy. It's sometimes puzzles me.

But anyway, how do you guys utilize WAVE-DANCING not Wave-Dashing. I've only used it after I knock the player far away, and pretty much use it as something to show off, but did you guys find a good use for it during battle?

I haven't played this in so long... remind me which that one is? I can do the one where you (air) dodge into the ground, and end up sliding, although I have an inkling that's called dashing.

Anyway, people like Roy for the following reason: He can be called 'no-brainer' Roy, because his easy to bring out power attacks, even if they are sometimes a bit of a farce. I usually regard him as a kind of Marth parody, play-wise.
My brother can wave-dance almost perfectly with Marth, it's crazy. It's something that you don't need to learn right away, but it's good to use. I can't wave-dance unless I'm Marth or Roy, and I don't do it as good with Roy. Wave-Dance + Wave-smash + Edge-guard = you're dead. At least from what I can do.. =/

I thought people liked Roy because he looks cooler and has FIRE EFFECTS!!!!!
I prefer Roy because he doesn't seem as effeminate as Marth.
-.-;... nice excuse.
It works for me.
well no matter what just because they have "t3h b1g s0rdz!!!11oneoneone" doesnt ean there a big character and anyone who says roy is the best better try me at a match of melee because he isnt truly good but ill give ya props if u can beat me because ive beaten fanboys. now i dont yell at the people who are good with link young link marth and roy if they can prove it but otherwise there a fanboy/girl.
falco_lombardi
well no matter what just because they have "t3h b1g s0rdz!!!11oneoneone" doesnt ean there a big character and anyone who says roy is the best better try me at a match of melee because he isnt truly good but ill give ya props if u can beat me because ive beaten fanboys. now i dont yell at the people who are good with link young link marth and roy if they can prove it but otherwise there a fanboy/girl.

Yeah, well.... i dont call my self a SSBM master, but I think im pretty good with Roy. If i could, I would accept your challenge to prove that im not a fanboy and that Roy DOES have some good points.
WAVE-DANCE is pressing back and forth real quick, so that your character runs back and forth, creating dust around your character's feet.

TIP: Marth's down+A is just ridiculous, it's stops everything in it's track, except for projectiles. It's good Crouch-Cancel move, and interupts the opponent when they come close with an attack.

Have anybody tried Samus' Super Wave Dash? If not, try it.

1. Press D + B for his bomb move.
2. Press right or left right when he lands after you do the bomb move.
3. If done right, Samus should move quickly to one side.

NOTE: For step 2, it has to be exact frame to press it, but I usually just keep on moving the joystick left-right and usually do it 65% of the time.
SSYugi511
WAVE-DANCE is pressing back and forth real quick, so that your character runs back and forth, creating dust around your character's feet.

TIP: Marth's down+A is just ridiculous, it's stops everything in it's track, except for projectiles. It's good Crouch-Cancel move, and interupts the opponent when they come close with an attack.

Have anybody tried Samus' Super Wave Dash? If not, try it.

1. Press D + B for his bomb move.
2. Press right or left right when he lands after you do the bomb move.
3. If done right, Samus should move quickly to one side.

NOTE: For step 2, it has to be exact frame to press it, but I usually just keep on moving the joystick left-right and usually do it 65% of the time.

Samus is a girl.

And you don't have to press back and forth really quickly either, just quick enough. Some characters have long wavedances, like Marth. He has a long start up animation for his run so you can go pretty far then come back.
ssbm rulez link is the best his sword can kick a** biggrin
Knightblade87
falco_lombardi

Yeah, well.... i dont call my self a SSBM master, but I think im pretty good with Roy. If i could, I would accept your challenge to prove that im not a fanboy and that Roy DOES have some good points.
i never said roy had crappy moves or nor did i say his moves were the best his moves are pretty good

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff