Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Player

10,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I guess I can speak to any Luigi fan out there and would love to see a Mr. L skin/pallet/costume for him. ^^'

Fashionable Man-Lover

11,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Timid 100
Dr Maikel
Peach----& Daisy

This. They already have the coloration right but they could have changed the gloves, eyes, hair, crown, and the skirt.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
A legitimate Daisy alt. for Daisy
Stagecoach Toon Link
Pajamas Toon Link
Pajamas Ness
Lucas alt. for Ness
Funky Kong alt for Donkey Kong
a legitimate Dixie Kong alt for Diddy Kong
Louie alt for Olimar (along with Alph)
The Child of Aura
We know that with this new installment of Smash, they've really stepped up their game on alternate costumes for characters: Fierce Deity Link, Fanservice Boxers Shulk, Even-More-Zero-Suit Samus, Wire Frame Mac, etc.
Though with some, they fell a little short; no Shiny Charizard, Jigglypuff, or Lucario, no Shadow alternate for Sonic, Dixie Kong for Diddy, Mega Man alternates, etc.

Were there any alternate costumes you would have liked to see for some of the characters? I'm sure there wasn't enough space for them to put more, but there could have been more opportunities swapped out for some of the current ones.

Just a slight correction on two of the Pokemon.

-Charizard: Its last (purple) colour is based on the Shiny as it originally appeared in Gen 2. (Later the inner wings would become red; but that wasn't originally the case.)

-Jigglypuff: Actually, three of the Puffs (Leaf, Sleep Kirby, and Nurse Joy) aren't Shiny; the rest are.

As for Pikachu, Red and Choice Band are shiny.

A Grumpy Bear
As well as the Villager, only having 1 female look to it?

Four, actually.
Sandokiri
The Child of Aura
We know that with this new installment of Smash, they've really stepped up their game on alternate costumes for characters: Fierce Deity Link, Fanservice Boxers Shulk, Even-More-Zero-Suit Samus, Wire Frame Mac, etc.
Though with some, they fell a little short; no Shiny Charizard, Jigglypuff, or Lucario, no Shadow alternate for Sonic, Dixie Kong for Diddy, Mega Man alternates, etc.

Were there any alternate costumes you would have liked to see for some of the characters? I'm sure there wasn't enough space for them to put more, but there could have been more opportunities swapped out for some of the current ones.

Just a slight correction on two of the Pokemon.

-Charizard: Its last (purple) colour is based on the Shiny as it originally appeared in Gen 2. (Later the inner wings would become red; but that wasn't originally the case.)

-Jigglypuff: Actually, three of the Puffs (Leaf, Sleep Kirby, and Nurse Joy) aren't Shiny; the rest are.

As for Pikachu, Red and Choice Band are shiny.

A Grumpy Bear
As well as the Villager, only having 1 female look to it?

Four, actually.

Oh, I didn't know that about the Charizard. I never had a Gen 2 game. D:

But isn't Shiny Jigglypuff purple with green eyes? I didn't see a purple one in the mix... unless it's another Gen 2 form.

I didn't bring up Pikachu, though; I already knew it had Shiny alterations.

Super Sweetheart

20,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I feel like they missed big opportunities for Alternative skins if you combine them with optional move sets for specials.

Ness has PK Freeze which was one of Lucas' moves in Brawl. So why didn't we get a Lucas alt for Ness?
While it's not 100% similar, but Mario and Dr. Mario. Did Mario really need all of his neutral special variations to be Fireballs? Again with the FLUDD down special? Neutral special could have had a Pill version with different effects and down special could have had Mario's SSB64 down special return which is pretty much Dr. Mario's down special. The final smash could have just changed appearance depending on the skin you used.
Pit and Dark Pit feels like a different situation due to the Final Smash difference. So I can kiiiind of see why they're separate characters. But I still don't approve of it fully.

As for what I hoped/hoping to see for Alt skins...
I feel like Meta Knight had 4 different chances for an Alt skin and he didn't see a single one. Those being Unmasked, Dark, Original Design and Galacta. All but Dark would have required a new model. Dark would have only needed a new texture. Granted we do have a semi Galacta color variation as well as a semi Dark color variation.
Others include Hyrule Warriors long flowing hair Ganondorf, Dr. Luigi/Mr. L, Protoman/Bass for Megaman.

MamaWeedQueen's Senpai

Bear

11,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
Sandokiri

Four, actually.

The green Shirt, Yellow and Blue, and the lime green shirt?

Rayelon's Kouhai

Beloved Junior

Chrom for Lucina (or Ike??)
Lucas for Ness
and Zelda's Hyrule Warrior outfit woulda been BITCHIN..
Also the other two captains from Pikmin would of been cute. but eh

I love what they did with Lucina's palettes though! It's super cute and makes my little FE-fan heart sing. *v*

Benevolent Smoker

Dry Bones Bowser would have been amazing.
The Child of Aura

But isn't Shiny Jigglypuff purple with green eyes? I didn't see a purple one in the mix... unless it's another Gen 2 form.

Jigglypuff's shiny isn't actually purple:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jigglypuff

Also, the portrayal of Jigglypuff's fur and eye colours... it tends to be rather inconsistent. Shiny fur with blue eyes is the official archetype, for example; but the first appearance of Diva Jigglypuff in the cartoon was normal fur with green eyes (which would later turn blue because reasons?)

So yeah. 3nodding

A Grumpy Bear
The green Shirt, Yellow and Blue, and the lime green shirt?.

Males:
Red "1" shirt, yellow "6" shirt, blue and white shirt with dark pink eyeshadow, and purple "4" shirt.
Females:
Pink-haired with flower dress, green Turnip dress, yellow and blue, and yellow and green.

-----

To topic.

Alternate skins I would like to see, even if they're DLC:

Mario (or Dr. Mario): Punch-Out!! Referee Mario
Peach: Biker Peach, with the tracksuit instead of the dress, from Mario Kart
Ganondorf: Ganon, as his orc-looking form
ZSS: Pinkish red leotard with green hair, calling back to her Metroid 1 unarmoured Varia look
Ness: Lucas (cf: Olimar, who has Alph as an alternate form)

Third-party, which could create complications:

Megaman: Bass (with Treble,) Protoman, Zero
Sonic: Shadow, Knuckles (Silver is already a Sonic skin, the white one.)

Widow

Beloved Lunatic

9,025 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
My BB Toon Link's Wind Waker Pajamas.
Sandokiri
The Child of Aura

Jigglypuff's shiny isn't actually purple:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jigglypuff

Also, the portrayal of Jigglypuff's fur and eye colours... it tends to be rather inconsistent. Shiny fur with blue eyes is the official archetype, for example; but the first appearance of Diva Jigglypuff in the cartoon was normal fur with green eyes (which would later turn blue because reasons?)

So yeah. 3nodding

A Grumpy Bear
The green Shirt, Yellow and Blue, and the lime green shirt?.

Males:
Red "1" shirt, yellow "6" shirt, blue and white shirt with dark pink eyeshadow, and purple "4" shirt.
Females:
Pink-haired with flower dress, green Turnip dress, yellow and blue, and yellow and green.

-----

To topic.

Alternate skins I would like to see, even if they're DLC:

Mario (or Dr. Mario): Punch-Out!! Referee Mario
Peach: Biker Peach, with the tracksuit instead of the dress, from Mario Kart
Ganondorf: Ganon, as his orc-looking form
ZSS: Pinkish red leotard with green hair, calling back to her Metroid 1 unarmoured Varia look
Ness: Lucas (cf: Olimar, who has Alph as an alternate form)

Third-party, which could create complications:

Megaman: Bass (with Treble,) Protoman, Zero
Sonic: Shadow, Knuckles (Silver is already a Sonic skin, the white one.)

The Gen 4 color is pretty lilac lookin' there. And the ones in the anime you referenced are way too light to be Shiny, though yes, the eyes are inconsistent. The anime tends to be inconsistent with color palettes, as Glaceon was never its official color either.
They should have had Sunshine Peach with her hair in a ponytail because that's when she looks best tbh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff