Total Votes:[ 309 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 >

Tasty Snack

Loooooove Iron Man! Although i do have a soft spot for Captain America lol
turned into a rebel. need quote.

Humorist

Casrial
Pavilo
Hated having to choose between Hulk and Captain America, but I had to go with Cap. I'm surprised at how high Iron Man got, while I like him well enough I just never felt drawn in by his character. Sure, the tech is cool, but I like those with physical talents (even if it's brought about by science stuff) over tech guys.

By the way, if I could become a Revenger that would be nice. Not sure how to do all that though.
Iron Man gets a good redemption story... everyone likes a good redemption story. He's a bad boy but with a heart of gold. Plus, he's funny.

Personally, I like tech over powers. It's using brains to make brawn (but in a non-zombie way).
I get what's nice about tech, especially centered on Stark finding new meaning and purpose through his tech, but I think the main thing I dislike is the whole issue of running out of power that showed up in the first Iron Man film, or a malfunction, or just something about the tech going wrong. It's just, "Really? We need to work through that?" and it generally just decreases my viewing pleasure.

On top of that, when you have those epic moments where the battle is against them, I enjoy the idea that willpower allowed them to keep working towards what was right, rather than, "Seems the suit could do more" or any of the solutions that generally come with tech based. Either they tried something risky with questionable science/rationale, they reroute power from one thing into that and manage to pull off one big shot, or they think of a clever way to make a weak spot in the enemy.

That's good and all, but I like to see when a hero is literally being beat down and they get up and push back. Their body aches, they burn from the strain of it all, but they can't stop, they do something their body hadn't done before. Pushed to new limits by their will alone. While I see how it can be quite similar, there is just some flavor differences there that keep me choosing physical powers over tech.

Specifically for Captain America, I like the feeling that even when he hadn't the power to be a hero, he had the heart. He wished to do good, and when he was given the power he tried his best to do more than he even imagined before.

Then there's the Hulk, a genius of a man who has that terrifying beast inside him. His hope is to find a cure, or at least keep it locked away, but the world around him just won't allow it. No matter what he does or where he goes, there is always something there that draws out the Hulk, and it's him against the world, where all he tries to do is stop himself from hurting too many. That's an interesting struggle to me, making it the big drawing point of the Hulk.

Spider-man, while not a talking point already, is one hero I would say surpasses Captain America. I think his 'redemption' is more interesting than Stark's, and it really reaches out to the common man more. He comes from having nothing, he's that nerdy kid in school who didn't amount to much, he's just about as powerless as you can imagine but then he gets power, it goes to his head and he thinks of how he can use it for himself.

Lost in that fantasy of having strength over average people, he loses his good nature, he gets full of himself, but then something reminds him of what's really important. We all know the phrase, "With great power comes great responsibility" which is as tied to the character of spider-man as are his webs. It's really the pain that defines him, and it's not in a "my life is nothing but torture and ruin" type of melodramatic bullshit, but rather that his pain snapped him back into what the world is.

From there he took that phase and set out to do good, not for himself, but for everyone else. He was going to fight his hardest to make sure no one else had to feel that pain, he was willing to do this even though he had no real security of his own. Life stayed hard on Peter Parker, he had to struggle to get work and the pay wasn't good enough to live comfortably with, but he was going to keep fighting for the people, because he knew how hard things were for them and he had the power to prevent them from having to fight harder.

Sorry about the ramble, I'll shut up for now, I'm sure you've got more important things to read.

Alien Partier

18,725 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Skill Up 50
Kohana Mishikoto
Okay. So I haven't seen the movie yet but I sooooooo want too! I don't want any spoilers but I want opinions on how the movie was. Good? Bad? And feel free to rant off here about your favorite Avenger!

Personally, my favorite Avenger is Captain America. I mean come on! Who doesn't like a hot muscled solider?! emotion_dowant

Hahaha, good point there! Captain America is like, everything you could want for a super soldier - tall, muscular, and reeeaallllyy good-looking!

Shameless Shapeshifter

Sylarra
Loooooove Iron Man! Although i do have a soft spot for Captain America lol

Steve Rogers always makes me think of this song, for the simple reason that his name is "Steve." lol

...I do actually like the guy, though. razz
The movie was really cool. Thor is my favorite character.

1,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
I think it is definetly on my list of Best movies of this year probably at the top spot. it had a lot of humor to it but then a ton of action. Loved this movie and would love to go see it again

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,400 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
pyro-gem13
Avengerize me too

wink

Dapper Citizen

I hope to watch it soon, and see the awesomeness that is Iron man

Shameless Shapeshifter

White Exile
I hope to watch it soon, and see the awesomeness that is Iron man

This.

8,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Iron Man. Definitely Iron Man.

4,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Consumer 100
I thought the captain america movie was amazing

Ruthless Seeker

7,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
It was sweet! My favorite Avenger? Joss Whedon... xd

Friendly Player

6,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mortok
I would not be averse to being caught between Cap and Iron Man. Hell, Hawkeye and Thor can join in. The more the merrier.

But Black Widow was seriously badass. She's even epic when she interrogates. I loved getting those hints about her dark past.

In terms of actual heroics, I find myself more impressed by Black Widow and Hawkeye. They don't have special armor or superpowers, they dominate purely with their combat skills.

The Avengers is a fantastic movie, possibly my new favourite.
yea! i love how black widow gets called when she's all tied up and she's like "i'm busy working, what do you want?"

Shameless Shapeshifter

LadyLazor
It was sweet! My favorite Avenger? Joss Whedon... xd

Awwwwww yeah. In fact, I do largely suspect that it was Whedon's skill that made this story work so well. biggrin

I will admit I was a wee bit disappointed that there was no Buffy Speak to speak of, just because that type of thing cracks me up. razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff