Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The movie Avatar is scheduled for rerelease in theaters this August. Thats right sometime this august we will be able to watch Avatar once again in theaters, but this time with an extra six minutes of completly new footage.

Also two sequals have been planned for the movie, with the first coming to theaters in 2014. They will focus more on the other moons near Pandora, and the second will feature the oceans of the moon Pandora.

Link for more Information
I don't think I want to pay another $12 just to see an extra 6 minutes of film. Plus I already bought it on blu-ray. This just goes to prove that James Cameron is as money hungry as the media portray him. I'm looking forward to the sequel though.
antipolar
I don't think I want to pay another $12 just to see an extra 6 minutes of film. Plus I already bought it on blu-ray. This just goes to prove that James Cameron is as money hungry as the media portray him. I'm looking forward to the sequel though.

The only reason he is rereleasing it is to get another 100 million dollars or so. The sequals sound interesting though from his descriptions of what they have instore.

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
Lol yep i wouldnt wast my money for 6 minuts

Fashionable Shapeshifter

15,925 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
xxxxxxxx██████████████████████████ ██████ ███
User ImageUser Image

I went to go see Avatar in 3D because my best friend said it was worth it. Not worth $10.50 at my theatre. I don't think 3D is really that great right now. Only a few things are in 3D. But it was a good movie. Very good special effects and good plotline. I am looking forward to the sequel, but not the rerelease.

Original layout by AmbiiRoxs
xxxxxxxx██████████████████████████ ██████ ███
Not to nag, but I thought Avatar was over-appreciated. Didn't really think it was that good. Don't get me wrong, quite realistic animation, totally believable alien planet, but lacking in story and acting.

In terms of technology, it is a milestone. In terms of cinematographic history, not so much.

The best movies are the ones that don't need $200 million to tell a story.
(See: Memento, Clerks, Saw)

The most brilliant movies are the ones that use $200 million to back up the storyline, not to use that money for loads of special effects that only distract from the storyline.
(Right: Toy Story 3, The Dark Knight, The Lord of the Rings; Wrong: Avatar, Transformers, Bad Boys)

But that is just my humble opinion.
I agree with you somewhat KeesjeCola. They could have put more emphasis on the actual story but then again the movie would have been a lot better if it was longer. The opening scene moves way to quickly and does not give very much background information at all.
User Image

I'll be too busy watching good movies that month to worry about Avatar.

I wonder if the sequel will have anything to do with the first?

User Image
Why do people even like Avatar? The plot is so tacky and unoriginal.

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
golden-cat143
Why do people even like Avatar? The plot is so tacky and unoriginal.

Because some of us just do? There's nothing wrong with not liking the movie, it's your right to your opinion, but don't drag down the people who actually do like it.

Me, I love the film. I've probably seen it about 10 times since I got it on DVD, a month or so ago, and I still haven't gotten tired of it. I see Avatar as more than just visuals. I see good enough acting with plenty of emotion. The parts of the movie which center around when Home Tree falls is the most emotionally-impacting...at least for me. I know that the storyline isn't original, but Avatar is not the only film/story that borrows from a pre-existing plot. Sometimes things just need to be retold as generations go by. Maybe I'm just not one with high expectations of things like this so I like them more than the more critical watchers.

On the actual topic of this thread, I wouldn't pay to see 6 extra minutes. I'll just pirate the damned thing once it's released. I am also looking forward to the sequels.

3,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
I thought i would of hated this movie and never watched it until i was MADE to at my friends house and then found out I absolutely LOVE this movie.
The Purple Yoshi

I wonder if the sequel will have anything to do with the first?

The sequal is supposed to continue to follow the story of the main characters, and will have the humans return again and attempt to reconqure the planet. Almost all of the main character have signed up for the sequals.
i watched the cartoons so it must be good i think ima go watch it now!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff