Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey. I saw "success stories". Well, I have one...
I survived a severe case of anorexia, I shouldnt be alive, but I am.
A year ago from today, I was starving and purging. I was so scared. I started a IOP (intensive out paitent) 3 days a week, 3 hours a day... of course that didnt help. I w as purging constantly even if I ate only an apple. there where times I just had no gag reflex and I would be so determined to purge I would drink toxic substances to vomit. I was sent to a PHP program (partial hospital) 5 days a week, 6 hours a day. I was so bad after a few weeks they said I could drop dead any second and I didnt have 2 weeks if I didnt go inpaitent, I was in heart failure at this point. so I went. I was there a month and a half, and got re-feeding syndrome. I was okay in the end. When I got home I didnt know what to do with myself... while inpaitent they fed me and prepaired my meals, so I didnt know what to do. I slowly relapsed, was an exercise addict...and then went back into PHP. I tore my esophagus and was vomiting blood. I healed after having to go thrrough treatment for that alone. I was also sent to a psych unit for a week after attempting suicide and it was concluded I'm bipolar and I am now on medication that works great (but thats a whole other story) I stayed in PHP with a awesome case manager and is now doing better than I ever have... if I can do it so can you. eating disorders and from hell. if you ahve one keep fighting <3
You're lucky you're ok now!
How old are you?
LoonaticF
How old are you?

I am 20 years old
Cosmic Thing
LoonaticF
How old are you?

I am 20 years old

You are too young to have to deal with that stuff...

Friendly Citizen

What a miracle..
I'm so glad you're alright now. Your story will inspire others of that I'm quite sure. : )
I'm so glad too that you are okey and happy now. Good story for others

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces