but youtubers,
facebookers,
and a whole lot of other people might not

Dapper Explorer

4,300 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
I wouldn't use it. It'd be just a giant pile of government regulated garbage; garbage in which no one will want to use. In turn, will make everyone go outside and do other things that don't involve surfing the web.

Problem, Gaia? User Image
I think this thing is going way too far. But I would stop to save my life.

Alien Star

20,425 Points
  • Nova Novice 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
I will, one because I'll be even more bored without it anyway, two because my school board will probably be so stupid they might even make us do research anyway, despite the number of the websites shutting down and counting...

Magical Girl

11,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Generous 100
hmmmm, depending. :p
i think i would but yust for School Work nothing more... neutral
Probably, just not as often.

Capt Dad's Wife

Interesting Shopper

10,500 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Wall Street 200
I would have to think about it if I would use the internet if SOPA passes.

Opinionated Combatant

10,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Battle: KO 200
yes
i use the internet in china..

1,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
If SOPA were to ever pass then many sites I visit regularly, such as Youtube, would be in anger, therefore I would be on the internet WAAAYYY less compared to the amount now. confused
Honestly I can't think of a way most people could just up and leave the internet. As a society to much of our industry and trade is linked to it. Whether or not a bill like SOPA passes, the need of the internet would be unavailable. Sure a lot of the entertainment found on it would be lost but people would still be online. Personally, I have to be on the net no matter what due to school reasons so while I hate the premise of both the SOPA and PIPA measures and have petitioned against it I would have no choice but to honor the decision should it pass.

Moonlight Friend

8,900 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
most likely not

Time-traveling Senshi

Not going to stop me from using the Net. All the sites I use are completely legal and I don't use the ones that allow user generated content for spreading around bootleg stuff. So I'm good. Besides, freaking out and spreading rumors, fear, misconceptions, and misinformation isn't going to do anyone any good. So while all of you are cowering over in your dark corner hoping to not be found by the rights holders without your internet I'll be chatting with my family and friends and watching my free and legal live action and anime programs on sites like Hulu, Crunchyroll, Funimation, and The Anime Network along with listening to my streaming music for free on Pandora here in the US.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff