Welcome to Gaia! ::

I thought the government was supposed to HELP people and hear what we have to say! I mean we all make up the country, be it the stuck up celebrities down to the grocery store clerks. Shouldn't we all have a chance to speak our mind about this matter?

Why should this choice be limited to the guys in the big house? Can't we, the people, make the choice too? Can't we all have a say and at least VOTE on it?

Some of my favorite websites are against this (Gaia too) cause they may have to go to court if the bill is passed. And if they lose, they'll be shut down.

Censoring won't work. It'll limit so many things and it won't get rid of the problem. All this'll do is tick off a country of computer users.

ANYONE WITH ME?

7,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
AGREED!!!
It's stupid! What's the point? I don't understand.
"Hey, people are having too much fun with the internet! Let's take it away from them!"
They do know it would help them out with elections, more political decisions and let me think, uh important world events! It doesn't make any sense. They don't want to hear people think, yet they don't know that they really need what we think!
I don't think it will pass, but still, it's something that needs to be dealt with. We can't give up on trying to convince them that they are stupid for thinking this won't be a bad thing.
Craig MFing Tucker
AGREED!!!
"Hey, people are having too much fun with the internet! Let's take it away from them!"
They do know it would help them out with elections, more political decisions and let me think, uh important world events! It doesn't make any sense. They don't want to hear people think, yet they don't know that they really need what we think!
I don't think it will pass, but still, it's something that needs to be dealt with. We can't give up on trying to convince them that they are stupid for thinking this won't be a bad thing.

Hear, hear!

We should be raising a future generation that isn't stupid, thinks about other people and isn't obsessed with money/power/fame/etc.

Playful Phantom

They merely desire to inhibit the flow of information.

Why?

Because it's bad news for them. The internet allows plenty of political groups to join forces, spread information, find things that the media does not air (such as foreign issues), and so on. And what happens? We find out dirty secrets. Things they don't want us to see. So sure, they want to stop piracy. But when the websites are taken down by the feds, who's going to stop them if they were wrong? No one. It gives them more power. It's a terrible mistake. It will be abused. And it needs to be stopped.

7,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
SkyMessenger
Craig MFing Tucker
AGREED!!!

Hear, hear!

We should be raising a future generation that isn't stupid, thinks about other people and isn't obsessed with money/power/fame/etc.

EXACTLY!!!
Though they don't care! They think they will get more money!! What!? How!? I can't wrap my mind around this!!! We are human, we advance. The internet is one of the most amazing things ever created, one of the most technological. And they want to take it away for censorship!? Already have a bad economy, they are going to make it worse!!!

Beloved Phantom

9,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
D: don't let them take away my Internets.
Craig MFing Tucker

Why can't we have the guys up there who'll do whats right for us all?

And if they want to stop "dirty little secrets" that could destroy them, don't do something idiotic in the first place. Use your freakin brain! You don't lead the country without it.

7,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
SkyMessenger
Craig MFing Tucker

Why can't we have the guys up there who'll do whats right for us all?

And if they want to stop "dirty little secrets" that could destroy them, don't do something idiotic in the first place. Use your freakin brain! You don't lead the country without it.

Yeah. They could easily get rid of them, take care of them so that no one finds out, or hide it so well that it takes forever for someone to find out and by the time they find out, it doesn't matter anymore! But yeah, they're politicians! They always do stupid stuff and think they are better then everyone else! They think they can get away with anything! And take away from the 'smaller people' because they have it all and no one else needs it.
Craig MFing Tucker

If we can get some intelligent, down-to-earth, caring guy with no obsessions or wrong-doings to be in D.C., then we're doing SOMEthing right.

7,900 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
SkyMessenger
Craig MFing Tucker

If we can get some intelligent, down-to-earth, caring guy with no obsessions or wrong-doings to be in D.C., then we're doing SOMEthing right.

Yeah, wish there was someone like that.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The government only cares about making the rich richer... That's why the rich don't pay taxes and such... =_=

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff