Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Genius

15,075 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conversationalist 100
Attractive men and women evolved because more people would have more sex with them.

When more sex happens, more babies happen.

Thus, the survival of the species is ensured.

That's why.

"Attractive," in this case, generally means not odd looking. Physically fit. Healthy. Even small things like facial symmetry contribute to a human's general attractiveness. Humans are attracted to people like that because it means that they are fit to raise and produce children. Now, of course, that is a huge general statement, but the point I'm making is a general one.

It would be rather impossible to not be general in this case; the human race is simply too big.
Beats me. Physically attractive douche bags aren't attractive to me in the slightest.
We aren't blind.
Its just our animal instinct. Look back at our ancestors, they werent into looks but they sure did get their freak on

Loyal Paladin

Its how society is. Media is a big reason.
And tiring to hear a girl be like, "Oh he's so hot."
Soon enough people won't be able to be so picky.

Enduring Phantom

I'm a demisexual, I can only fall in love with personalities. The appearance is romanticized if I like the personality. Some people, however, display some of my appearance oriented fetishes, but should the personality not be to my liking it will only be a fling.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Because the first thing you look at isn't personality.
People are judgemental because it's human nature.

But your friends were just being bitches, really.

Original Player

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Admittedly, it is rather unusual to see an eight with a two. However, personally speaking, I don't rely on physical attractiveness when considering a potential mate. In fact, I've never met a man that I thought was physically attractive that I also wanted to sleep with. Granted, I find myself physically attracted to a person if I sleep with them long enough (It just kind of develops), but I've had tons of people ask my partners, "My god, man. How is she with you?" I'm not saying I'm gorgeous, just that I am incapable of judging the physical attractiveness of a man without first being attracted to his personality.

Original Player

11,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Karyu-tono
I'm a demisexual, I can only fall in love with personalities. The appearance is romanticized if I like the personality. Some people, however, display some of my appearance oriented fetishes, but should the personality not be to my liking it will only be a fling.

I didn't know there was a name for it. surprised
Because most of this society is shallow and listens to the "4th branch of government": The media.
x
        ♥ I've never understood it. I don't fall for looks, they don't last and a person who is normally good looking is usually ugly on the inside.
        I didn't find my partner attractive when we started dating, but I thought there might be more to him, so I continued to date him and later found out that he was a genuine, kind and caring man, and that's who I fell in love with.
I actually got that the other day. But with a guy! And a girl! So it's even, I guess.
He was my friend, and I revealed my crush to him and he actually said:
"wow, a 9/10 girl crushing on a 6/10 guy". First of all I'm a 10. AHA. *slapped.
But anyway,
My girl friend too. (yes, I was going on a loud-mouth spree about my crush) and she said I can do much better and that he's "unattractive". ._.

They said that because they don't know the guy. I think he's so sweet.
It's true that I did not see him in any way at all when I first met him...

I think that's because it's easier to look at someone, and hey, be able to recognize if they're good-looking or not.
Whereas in personality you have to get to know them.

And I think some people would not purposely want to know some ugly person?
people say to me "oh you're really cute & must be sweet" when actually i swear like a sailor, make rude jokes and am very sarcastic

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
starsparkling
I actually got that the other day. But with a guy! And a girl! So it's even, I guess.
He was my friend, and I revealed my crush to him and he actually said:
"wow, a 9/10 girl crushing on a 6/10 guy". First of all I'm a 10. AHA. *slapped.
But anyway,
My girl friend too. (yes, I was going on a loud-mouth spree about my crush) and she said I can do much better and that he's "unattractive". ._.

They said that because they don't know the guy. I think he's so sweet.
It's true that I did not see him in any way at all when I first met him...

I think that's because it's easier to look at someone, and hey, be able to recognize if they're good-looking or not.
Whereas in personality you have to get to know them.

And I think some people would not purposely want to know some ugly person?

i wonder if its society that does that. Shows us images of hot people, shows everyone hooking up with hot people and promote images of 6 getting surgery to look like a 10. (no offence to 10 people) but I find many 10s tend to be self absorbed people. They tend to be those who want you to spend money on them so they can keep looking like 10s,will dump you if you get the slightest imperfections. To me appearance is only short lived, you can loose your hot looks due to nature,accident or age. While personality will always be there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff