Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
People suck. The end. Seriously though, looks don't matter in a sence of attractive to everyone as much as to what that specific person considers attractive. Regardless of what people will say, looks do matter. Their opinions of good looks just may differ from what other opinions are. There's alot of sciencey stuff behind it that I don't know at the moment. However, the couple you mentioned reminds me of a past relationship I had.
Im not attractive nor will i ever waste my time trying to change my appearence just to impress a group of people or someone.

You can be a total gentlemen just in your everyday life, but if you arnt remotely attractive you wont get noticed by potential dates, if you get to know a girl and your unattractive your going to get friend zoned.
The Whiskey Rebellion
BECAUSE I CANT LOVE THEM IF THEY CANT GIVE ME A BONER

....so much wrong with that statement.

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
anonkidz
Im not attractive nor will i ever waste my time trying to change my appearence just to impress a group of people or someone.

You can be a total gentlemen just in your everyday life, but if you arnt remotely attractive you wont get noticed by potential dates, if you get to know a girl and your unattractive your going to get friend zoned.

I hear ya dude sad

I've seen it happen in real life. Guys and girls who arent uber hot but the sweetest people you'll meet will get turned down left and right for a date,always friend zoned/ bride's maid for life. I've seen those people stay in bad relationships because they don't want to be alone or find it hard to find someone. too. I've had it happened to me. I'm not hot but I'm nice and treated my bf really good.(like run errands for him while he was at work, baked him his favorite dish, hell even his family loved me because I was nice) but he left me for one of those sexy busty broads who cheated on him with 4 guys (they stayed together for 5 years vs he and I's 10 months) I always hate it when someone get friend zone,esp when you can tell one party likes the other. >.<
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
I dont get the whole
Obese-man-and-super-Megan-Fox-hot-girlfriend/wife-thing either. confused
Dunno about you, but I kinda need someone to look at least a little attractive for me to fall in love with them.
They can have the best personality in the world, but if theree morbidly obese and and look like a steam-roller just b***h-slapped their face, Im only going to think of them as friends.

I agree with this. I mean, if I saw those two together, I wouldn't have said any of the s**t those girls did, because I'm not obnoxious like that. But I'm not gonna sit here and act like I wouldn't find it a little odd. There actually have been a few studies (on top of the fact that you can see this with your own two eyes) that show that people generally pair up with those who are comparable to them in attractiveness. It's not common to see an obese man walking down the street with a hot blond woman.

Attraction is what initially brings people together and then everything else determines whether or not they stay together.
anadentone
anonkidz

I hear ya dude sad

I've seen it happen in real life. Guys and girls who arent uber hot but the sweetest people you'll meet will get turned down left and right for a date,always friend zoned/ bride's maid for life. I've seen those people stay in bad relationships because they don't want to be alone or find it hard to find someone. too. I've had it happened to me. I'm not hot but I'm nice and treated my bf really good.(like run errands for him while he was at work, baked him his favorite dish, hell even his family loved me because I was nice) but he left me for one of those sexy busty broads who cheated on him with 4 guys (they stayed together for 5 years vs he and I's 10 months) I always hate it when someone get friend zone,esp when you can tell one party likes the other. >.<

damn, why cant i find a girl like you in real life? Bake him his favorite treats? Its very rare that i get a home baked pastry.

Indebted Hero

12,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
I have observed so many men take looks, including the type of body, over anything else in women. I asked many guys what do they look for women, and they told me in all honesty that it is all about the physical attributes.

While with women, it's not so much of the looks but personality, attitude, or wealth. Any of the things I listed is the reason why some women end up with not so good-looking guys.

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
anonkidz
anadentone
anonkidz

I hear ya dude sad

damn, why cant i find a girl like you in real life? Bake him his favorite treats? Its very rare that i get a home baked pastry.

I use to cook meals with his mom (the lady had a huge kitchen with all sorts of appliances ) for his birthday I made him an oreo cake. Chocolate cake mix with cookies and creme ice cream for the frosting and broken bits of oreos on top with mini oreos lining up the base. Spent me about 3 and a half hours to make it all D; he didn't eat it tho, was off with the girl claiming she had him a cake "made" (turned out to be one of those pound cakes by entemanns) His 2 friends ate it tho. It's often situations like that that make me go "WTF" I guess it's a good thing that a week after we broke up (he broke up with me onv alentines day classified_fu ) he got the clap 8D

No matter how modern a man is, when he bake him his fave food, men usually get weak in the knees. Oh well he got stuck with microwave megan for 5 years

Rainbow Lover

22,625 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Married 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
kadesha
I have observed so many men take looks, including the type of body, over anything else in women. I asked many guys what do they look for women, and they told me in all honesty that it is all about the physical attributes.

While with women, it's not so much of the looks but personality, attitude, or wealth. Any of the things I listed is the reason why some women end up with not so good-looking guys.

I think of those kind hearted but less attractive people (when it comes to finding a mate) as a wall. It's there, you see it but never pay it no mind.

>.<
anadentone
anonkidz
anadentone
anonkidz

I hear ya dude sad

I use to cook meals with his mom (the lady had a huge kitchen with all sorts of appliances ) for his birthday I made him an oreo cake. Chocolate cake mix with cookies and creme ice cream for the frosting and broken bits of oreos on top with mini oreos lining up the base. Spent me about 3 and a half hours to make it all D; he didn't eat it tho, was off with the girl claiming she had him a cake "made" (turned out to be one of those pound cakes by entemanns) His 2 friends ate it tho. It's often situations like that that make me go "WTF" I guess it's a good thing that a week after we broke up (he broke up with me onv alentines day classified_fu ) he got the clap 8D

No matter how modern a man is, when he bake him his fave food, men usually get weak in the knees. Oh well he got stuck with microwave megan for 5 years

oreo cake? wow, im really starting to rethink my loner lifestyle. You can feed me any day of the week ; ). but all jokes aside, wtf? He sounds like a real dumbass. haha and microwave megan, sounds like a downgrade.
It's something that comes from our own nature and instinct: if a woman have pretty skin, have good breasts and hips, is slender, is a sign that she's healthy and will produce pretty and healthy babies, so men follow by instinct that. If a man is athletic and strong, good looking, have a strong jaw and such hot things, then looks healthy and will be a great biological father...

Then comes the society where we live... the sex is used in everything to sell more, so a lot of people have bought that stereotype of beauty, and their lives are ruled by this.

For me, I would rather great personality, goals in life, intelligence and common interests than looks.

Indebted Hero

12,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
anadentone
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
I dont get the whole
Obese-man-and-super-Megan-Fox-hot-girlfriend/wife-thing either. confused
Dunno about you, but I kinda need someone to look at least a little attractive for me to fall in love with them.
They can have the best personality in the world, but if theree morbidly obese and and look like a steam-roller just smashed into their face, Im only going to think of them as friends.

he wasn't obese he looked about 6 ft tall and 300lb made him chubby like. He wasn't fugly but he wasn't uber brad pitt handsome (i feel shallow saying that) I call it the Homer and Marge scenario >.< I'd rather have someone whos not uber hot since really hot guys and girls tend to have those stalkers/ fanpeoples following them. If a girl dates a hot guy shes bound to come across those women who will flirt with him and openly (like right in front of you) ask him to dance and such. At least with a less attractive man, they won't be lusting after him.

Do you subscribe to the idea that people do rate themselves and other people consciously or unconsciously, and thus, there is certainly a hierarchy in physical attributes of people and if the couple is somewhat near in the said ranking/rating, then, they'll be alright. Of course, there are a few exceptions, but these are rare incidents (i.e. a 10 guy will have a serious relationship with a 5 girl).
My older cousin always said to me if a guys hot, he's hot. But if he's a douchebag, it overrides everything.
Sh said looks are just a bonus, she'd rather just go for a good personality then a hot douchebag.

Lol. Complete opposite of what my older guy cousin said though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff