Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with her ideal man

Ruthless Loiterer

I don't think a lot of people actually know what the word means.
I keep hearing things like
"whatever, she wasn't raped. She liked it."
or
"she knew what was happening so it was okay [and not rape]"
and
"she probably lied and just wanted attention so she said she was raped"

Touchy subject, I know, but seriously? This needs to be brought up

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Non-consensual sex? That includes the victim withdrawing consent midway through, being drunk, drugged, emotionally manipulated...

And does not include a girl consenting to drunken sex and regretting it later. That's not rape, that's just a bad decision.

Ruthless Loiterer

unboundsmiter
Non-consensual sex? That includes the victim withdrawing consent midway through, being drunk, drugged, emotionally manipulated...

And does not include a girl consenting to drunken sex and regretting it later. That's not rape, that's just a bad decision.

Consent is sober decision. It IS rape if it would be regrettable if s/he were sober.
Edit: If she were sober and wouldn't do it, but did as under the influence, then it is rape.
Well, the definition of rape is pretty much any act of sexual intercourse that is forced upon another person without his or her own consent. With that being said, I too have heard on like T.V and the radio where their have been cases of individual and gang rape related situations in particular colleges where the predators would say that well "she said it was okay" meanwhile..she had been intoxicated. And or that "she didn't say anything" ..that one is brought up many times, it's interesting what would persuade another person to see that as an okay! It just sickens me the foolishness that goes on. That was just what was on my mind, and attempt to support the topic at hand.

Ruthless Loiterer

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
ST0RAGE
unboundsmiter

Consent is sober decision. It IS rape if it would be regrettable if s/he were sober.
Edit: If she were sober and wouldn't do it, but did as under the influence, then it is rape.

Then, wouldn't the man in the situation, if also drunk, be a victim of rape as well if they both initiated it? Alcohol seems to be one of those grey areas, I've heard so many conflicting views concerning it from both men and women.

Edit: Everydayfeminism #6?

Ruthless Loiterer

unboundsmiter
ST0RAGE
unboundsmiter

Then, wouldn't the man in the situation, if also drunk, be a victim of rape as well if they both initiated it? Alcohol seems to be one of those grey areas, I've heard so many conflicting views concerning it from both men and women.

Well yeah, if they both did.
"Being drunk, asleep, or under severe duress—like grief and extreme sadness are situations in which full, informed and free consent cannot be fully or truly given.

Alcohol or experiencing strong emotions make communication difficult, both communication with oneself about desire and needs as well as with someone else about consent."

This, quoted from the link you just gave me, proves a drunken yes =/= consent.
If you're too drunk to drive, you're too drunk to have consensual 100% non-regrettable sex.

Another thing. Alcohol affects males differently than females. They could weigh the same and drink the same amount of alcohol and not get equally as drunk.

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
ST0RAGE
unboundsmiter
ST0RAGE
unboundsmiter

"Being drunk, asleep, or under severe duress—like grief and extreme sadness are situations in which full, informed and free consent cannot be fully or truly given.

Alcohol or experiencing strong emotions make communication difficult, both communication with oneself about desire and needs as well as with someone else about consent."

If you're too drunk to drive, you're too drunk to have consensual 100% non-regrettable sex.

Another thing. Alcohol affects males differently than females. They could weigh the same and drink the same amount of alcohol and not get equally as drunk.

From the same article; Having sex while intoxicated certainly isn’t uncommon and that’s why it’s important to understand that while you’re drunk, it’s difficult to negotiate consent honestly and clearly. --

But that brings up the following;
If I have consensual sex with my boyfriend after we've both been drinking, that's not rape.
If we've both been drinking and I say no midway through, and he carries on, that is rape.
If I am uncertain in the beginning and he carries on/manipulates me otherwise, that is rape.

If I drink, and agree to and/or initiate sex with my boyfriend, how is that rape? I am of course only talking of my own experiences in this case, not the broader application of it.

And just in case it was missed in my signature, I am female IRL.

Ruthless Loiterer

unboundsmiter
ST0RAGE
unboundsmiter
ST0RAGE
unboundsmiter

From the same article; Having sex while intoxicated certainly isn’t uncommon and that’s why it’s important to understand that while you’re drunk, it’s difficult to negotiate consent honestly and clearly. --

But that brings up the following;
If I have consensual sex with my boyfriend after we've both been drinking, that's not rape.
If we've both been drinking and I say no midway through, and he carries on, that is rape.
If I am uncertain in the beginning and he carries on/manipulates me otherwise, that is rape.

If I drink, and agree to and/or initiate sex with my boyfriend, how is that rape? I am of course only talking of my own experiences in this case, not the broader application of it.

And just in case it was missed in my signature, I am female IRL.

Okay, everything you're saying makes sense now. If you're in a healthy committed relationship, then obviously it wouldn't be regrettable if there was consent.
It's the idea of going to a party and getting drunk and making the poor non-sober choice of having sex with someone you wouldn't if you were sober that would make it rape.

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
If no is said then it's rape.
If someone is hit it's rape.
If someone is underage it's rape.
If someone is not capable of clearly thinking it's rape.
Rape is forceful intercourse without permission.

4,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Non-consensual sex is rape simple as that. This may get me some hate but, I'm on the fence when it comes to being intoxicated and how to rule those cases. If you're drunk, and you have the chance to say no, and you don't say no, and you sober up later and regret your choice well isn't that your fault I don't think the other person is at fault if consent was given. If you're knocked out drunk that's a different story all together and that's simply rape, if a person is unable to give consent don't have sex with them.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Rape is one person intentionally having sex with the other person without consent. In the case of drunk sex regretted later there must be an intention to use the alcohol to get with the person not just. It does not include stuff like an embarrassing situation where the next morning one person is disgusted they slept with the other who just feels horrible because they didn't realize alcohol was the only reason they got laid.
a friend of mine was in the position to sleep with a drunk girl who kept on coming on to him but he kept rejecting her. the next morning she thanked him for not going through with it. the drunk cannot consent. just use your best judgment and don't be a shitty person. it's pretty simple to tell if the sex is going to be a one-way street.
That's kind of a blurry shade between yes/no.

You're ******** for 20 minutes and she says pull out, but you take another 12 seconds. Willing? No. Rape? Also no.

You tell a woman you want to ******** her and the safe word is, "banana." She screams and "tries" to escape, but you ******** anyway. Willing? Maybe? Rape? Also, maybe?

Your girlfriend falls asleep and put it in her butt. Willing? No. Rape? Ask her when she wakes up.

You are with somebody that is ******** up and a multitude of drugs. They voluntarily have sex with you. Willing? Yes. Rape? No Will they regret it later and call it rape? maybe, but it's still not rape.

A person not being in the right mind and consenting to sex is still that person consenting to sex. Otherwise, all sex that is regretted at any point is retroactively rape because you were retroactively not capable of making the right choice.

Consent does not have to be immediate. Consent can be proactive without immediate consent. See rape roleplay. Consent cannot be retroactive unless one is not conscious at time of sex. Consent can therefore be implied.

Ruthless Loiterer

logan the god of candy
That's kind of a blurry shade between yes/no.

You're ******** for 20 minutes and she says pull out, but you take another 12 seconds. Willing? No. Rape? Also no.

You tell a woman you want to ******** her and the safe word is, "banana." She screams and "tries" to escape, but you ******** anyway. Willing? Maybe? Rape? Also, maybe?

Your girlfriend falls asleep and put it in her butt. Willing? No. Rape? Ask her when she wakes up.

You are with somebody that is ******** up and a multitude of drugs. They voluntarily have sex with you. Willing? Yes. Rape? No Will they regret it later and call it rape? maybe, but it's still not rape.

A person not being in the right mind and consenting to sex is still that person consenting to sex. Otherwise, all sex that is regretted at any point is retroactively rape because you were retroactively not capable of making the right choice.

Consent does not have to be immediate. Consent can be proactive without immediate consent. See rape roleplay. Consent cannot be retroactive unless one is not conscious at time of sex. Consent can therefore be implied.

Please watch the video I posted.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces