Welcome to Gaia! ::

Many of my friends disagree when it comes to opinions on abortion.

Would you abort a child if
you knew for certain it was going to be run over by a car before the age of 13 (18?)
you knew it was going to have autism
a very severe case of autism
if the father left and doesn't give child care
if it were the result of a rape
if you didn't have enough money.

Please answer, I want to see what other people think.

Aged Genius

My Own Listener
Many of my friends disagree when it comes to opinions on abortion.

you knew for certain it was going to be run over by a car before the age of 13 (18?)
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
Not relevant.
My Own Listener
Not relevant.

My Own Listener
Please answer, I want to see what other people think.

It's never not okay to abort. The fetus doesn't have rights, it isn't legally a person.
So it only has rights once it's born?
A fetus is still a life.
There are moral issues with abortion

Dapper Dabbler

8,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I personally believe its a personal decision and people too often concern themselves with other people's abortions, and preach to them.

Although, if you want my viewpoint, an unwanted child should not be forced into the world. This can lead to the child feeling inferior, distant, and inhibit their ability to form lasting relationships later in life.

And then for rape victims (which the majority are young, underaged women) should not have to bear the child of their rapist.

At the same time, I don't like the thought of killing something that hasn't been born yet. The moral issues make me create a sort of double standard.

It's a difficult question with no real answer.

7,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Agent Cougar Draven
It's never not okay to abort. The fetus doesn't have rights, it isn't legally a person.

Newbie Noob

My Own Listener
There are moral issues with abortion
There's also moral issues with birth control.

Condoms abort sperm.
The only immoral issue concerning abortions is that people are trying to prevent access to abortions.

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Signature Look 250
A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said: 'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together. So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?' She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.' The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.' She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request. Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms. The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child! 'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.' The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point. He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb.

-Just my personal opinion.
MissMushuKitty
A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said: 'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together. So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?' She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.' The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.' She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request. Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms. The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child! 'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.' The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point. He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb.

This saddens me. It seems you are equating all abortions and the decision to have an abortion to be similar to this case. As if you have decided all abortions are wrong because in your eyes they are similar to what the woman in this anecdote is doing.

There is no way to know this... But no, I would not.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope. But I'd probably give the child up for adoption.

Again, adoption.

BTW, I am completely pro-choice.

Shameless Man-Lover

*Fetus, not child

I am 100% pro-choice. I would have an abortion if I ever got pregnant because I do not want kids, nor do I want to go through pregnancy because it would be emotional scaring for me (I'm a FTM transsexual).

I don't care what other people do with their fetus's, either. Abort, adopt, keep it; whatever is best for them at the time.

Shameless Man-Lover

MissMushuKitty

Accept, the fetus in the womb has no rights, no memories, no personal relationships and is nothing like the child that is already born.

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

The only one that trips me up is the rape question. But you could always give the child up for adoption.

I guess I'm the silly kid who thinks that zygotes have souls.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff