Welcome to Gaia! ::

Welcoming Bloodsucker

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
It's the recent things I can not remember .

The past to me is more clear, it is what has been a larger influence in my life.

I find it hard to concentrate on things, with out thinking of other things.

They say we can not self-diagnose or , or try to analyze ourselves, that is in part false, I won't elaborate unless you pm, but I am aware of my problems.

Discuss, are you aware of yourself -psychologically ?

your big bro's Significant Otter

Icy Rogue

I do agree. "They" are usually wrong.

Welcoming Bloodsucker

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
soracious wonk

What most professionals learn in books is only what others have personally researched and written down. hmm... that's sad..

Icy Rogue

SuperVagina
soracious wonk

What most professionals learn in books is only what others have personally researched and written down. hmm... that's sad..

Sad things are sad. How would you like to fix that?

Welcoming Bloodsucker

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
soracious wonk
SuperVagina
soracious wonk

Fix what? My own issues or what.

By trying my very best to remove self-pity and guilt. and moving ahead in life. 3nodding

Icy Rogue

SuperVagina
soracious wonk
SuperVagina
soracious wonk

By trying my very best to remove self-pity and guilt. and moving ahead in life. 3nodding

Sorry too tired to type coherently but hey that sounds like a plan. smile Best of luck with whatever you're dealing with, I admire your optimism.

Welcoming Bloodsucker

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
soracious wonk
SuperVagina
soracious wonk
SuperVagina
soracious wonk

Sorry too tired to type coherently but hey that sounds like a plan. smile Best of luck with whatever you're dealing with, I admire your optimism.

<3 Thank you. best wishes to you in your life.
SuperVagina

They say we can not self-diagnose or , or try to analyze ourselves, that is in part false, I won't elaborate unless you pm, but I am aware of my problems.

Alot of ppl self diagnose regularly, wether its a diagnosis or not is a different matter. Being aware of your problems is also different to a diagnosis.

If your saying self diagnosis is somewhere near measurably equal to diagnosis then your definitely wrong, it is more then just identify disease or conditions (which im sure they could teach koko to do). A diagnosis is a procedure to objectively identify and classify disease to allow medical treatment, performed by a professional.

Great you know you have autism, but:
Do you know the etiology?
Do you know any other compounded disease?
Do you know the best method of treatment/care?
Have you taken into account the persons profile?
Is the medical evidence indicative of your diagnosis?

Jayson82's Husband

Golden Fairy

17,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100
SuperVagina
It's the recent things I can not remember .

The past to me is more clear, it is what has been a larger influence in my life.

I find it hard to concentrate on things, with out thinking of other things.

Discuss, are you aware of yourself -psychologically ?

I think this might simply be a perk of the final stages of mental maturity. I turn 26 today, and I've noticed in the past few years, that I have trouble focusing on the present and remembering recent things, while I find myself increasingly nostalgic, focusing more and more on the past, reflecting on the first fifteen or so years of my life, and things surrounding it. Involved stimuli heighten the effect, to the point where it is almost like an intense high. Such stimuli include older music, shows and movies, as well as styles, that were in my life growing up, yet never seemed all that memorable until the past few years. Events,, too, are focused on, especially ones that affected me personally on a more intense level.
I don't think such intense and frequent nostalgia is a bad thing, as long as you accept it as the past and don't cripple yourself with it. It makes like for meaningful, as well as adding insight and flavor to life.

And speaking of nostalgia, I watched this video right before I made this post
SuperVagina
soracious wonk

That would be true IF psychologists didnt have to go through practicum...We have to conduct thousands of hours under psychological practitioners to obtain certification. Furthermore, diagnosing yourself...its biased. Its something we learn not to do.

4,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
I am very psychologically aware, to the point that therapists have never been very helpful at all. It's their job to figure out what the problem is; I need somebody to help me fix it. sweatdrop

Welcoming Bloodsucker

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Dorinkingu
I am very psychologically aware, to the point that therapists have never been very helpful at all. It's their job to figure out what the problem is; I need somebody to help me fix it. sweatdrop

It's almost like trying to fix a mystery or puzzle. and it's very euphoric or sad when you come to self-realization, but yes how to fix it is something I wish I could do with people, leading them to peace with them selves, of course after learning how to do this myself mad

Welcoming Bloodsucker

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
DXnobodyX
SuperVagina

Alot of ppl self diagnose regularly, wether its a diagnosis or not is a different matter. Being aware of your problems is also different to a diagnosis.

If your saying self diagnosis is somewhere near measurably equal to diagnosis then your definitely wrong, it is more then just identify disease or conditions (which im sure they could teach koko to do). A diagnosis is a procedure to objectively identify and classify disease to allow medical treatment, performed by a professional.

You could . If you are going as far as to do self-research , why not look up everything that had to do with what you would believe is your condition. Just to hold back some shock from when a proffessional confirms it to you. and if they don't good for you, but if they do, well atleast you educated yourself on the matter , since it is your life after all. Not everyone does this though, this I know.
SuperVagina
DXnobodyX
SuperVagina

You could . If you are going as far as to do self-research , why not look up everything that had to do with what you would believe is your condition. Just to hold back some shock from when a proffessional confirms it to you. and if they don't good for you, but if they do, well atleast you educated yourself on the matter , since it is your life after all. Not everyone does this though, this I know.

Unfortunatly ppl dont have the ability to refer themselves onto medical testing, which provides the evidence for diagnosis. Even supplied with evidence the average jo probably would not suspect that his pancreatic issues where caused by some metastasis of prostate cancer pressing on his hypothalamus. But most importantly of all is the concept of objective analysis.

Welcoming Bloodsucker

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Generous 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
DXnobodyX
SuperVagina
DXnobodyX
SuperVagina

Unfortunatly ppl dont have the ability to refer themselves onto medical testing, which provides the evidence for diagnosis. Even supplied with evidence the average jo probably would not suspect that his pancreatic issues where caused by some metastasis of prostate cancer pressing on his hypothalamus. But most importantly of all is the concept of objective analysis.

Ohhhh well i'm not talking about physical problems, those are kinda hard you're right about that, I meant most mental issues or personality disorders you know, if you're abusive and didn't really know it was a real problem, anger issues, self-image issues, split personality issues, I mean, the brain is obviously a powerful thing, if we really tried, we could find our way to self- awareness in most areas, not all but most.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff