Hilarious Genius

8,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
Petrograd
Logic Not Included
Camool
Actually this is narcissism. Let go and find someone you really care about.

I assure you I am not narcissistic.

There is no one who dislikes me, more than myself.

I see why you'd think that, but I care about others more than myself. I just have a hard time connecting to these individuals and understanding why they feel the way they do at times.
Do you feel empathy?

Do you want others to be successful or unsuccessful?

Is there anyone you care enough about to rather be in pain yourself than see them suffer?

I do have empathy yes

I do not care what others do, as long as it does not affect me.

There is someone i'd be in pain for to stop them from suffering.

Hilarious Genius

8,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
savagesarge
This thread:

User Image

More like:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hilarious Genius

8,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Sausage Fest 200
Camool
Logic Not Included
Camool
Actually this is narcissism. Let go and find someone you really care about.

I assure you I am not narcissistic.

There is no one who dislikes me, more than myself.

I see why you'd think that, but I care about others more than myself. I just have a hard time connecting to these individuals and understanding why they feel the way they do at times.

Fair enough. I can't really give advice on such a vague post. I'm not good with advice anyway. If they don't reciprocate your feelings it's best to leave them alone.

It's not that they don't reciprocate MY feelings, it that I don't understand THEIRS enough to be able to connect with them.

Most people, in some way, show some level of being able to connect with others, however I have difficulty with this and am wondering if it relates to any sociopathic tendencies.

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
Logic Not Included
It's not that they don't reciprocate MY feelings, it that I don't understand THEIRS enough to be able to connect with them.

Most people, in some way, show some level of being able to connect with others, however I have difficulty with this and am wondering if it relates to any sociopathic tendencies.
My brother once asked me if I had any emotions, because he felt like mine were fake.

He was sort of right, because I faked emotions I felt others could sense, while others often couldn't sense my real emotions. I most certainly DO have emotions though, which he should have known.

Anyhow. You're empathic and care about others' needs ahead of your own at times. This is not typical for sociopaths.

I can think of many reasons you don't connect with others the way they do.

My reason is probably mainly that (I suspect) I have Aspergers. At that time, this effect was exacerbated by my rather serious depression, which meant having (and showing) any emotions was rather painful for me.

Have you found any people you can connect well with? Personally I'm often kinda stumped when I meet someone with Asperger's or autism because I find it easier to connect with them emotionally. This is true even for severely mentally disabled people, I find it easier to connect with a severely mentally disabled autistic adult than I do an average non-autistic adult.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff