Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Prophet

savagesarge

Well this thread isnt about offering unsolicited help and I'm sure the lady has already accepted her way of coping and isnt looking for options at the moment. However harmful or incorrect they may be , thats her decision to make.

You're more than welcome to state your objections to methods of treatment, but as you have not shown any qualifications as a doctor or as an expert on the subject, I'd recommend calming your assertions. Others may be more receptive to your point of view, just a suggestion.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
savagesarge

I'll say it again, it's still stupid.

If you can't acknowledge the litterature on the subject (we're talking about experts here), then i cant help you.

There is no cure for bipolar disorders, your disease is not gone. The question you must ask thyself is "Will i be able to make a sound decision concerning marijuana when i'll be manic?"

Think about it.

I've read material in the past regarding cannabis and its effects on mental health. I'm not stupid, I do my research. I'm not someone who is dependent on marijuana nor abuse it. As far as I know, my manic-depressive cycles are gone, they may come back in the future, but I'm not going through them now. I never asked you for your help, especially from someone who can only call me stupid over and over, so you can buzz off.

Demonic Vampire

3,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Lately I have really been struggling with the depression side of the bipolar. Well I lost a friend that said he would never leave me and I feel like i've snapped. I started harming myself again and I keep feeling the need to do it over and over. I don't know what to do. I hate the thought of a psych ward but i'm not sure if I am ok enough to not be in one.

Dangerous Prophet

MakaBunny
Lately I have really been struggling with the depression side of the bipolar. Well I lost a friend that said he would never leave me and I feel like i've snapped. I started harming myself again and I keep feeling the need to do it over and over. I don't know what to do. I hate the thought of a psych ward but i'm not sure if I am ok enough to not be in one.

If you really are having deep depressive symptoms and start having uncontrollable thoughts about self harm you should really see a doctor. As for admitting yourself to a psychiatric hospital I'd also leave that up to the professional opinion of a doctor. There is no judgement here and anything you have to discuss I'm happy to talk with you about as well as describe the things that are helping me cope. I'm not a doctor so I cant give professional opinions though.

Quotable Sophomore

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I was diagnosed with bipolar type 1 two years ago after receiving a misdiagnosis of major depressive disorder, put on a strong dose of an antidepressant, only to go manic, when I knew I had had manic episodes prior to my first hospitalization. I've been hospitalized 3 times because of it, 2 that were within two weeks of each other, and one just recently because of a mixed episode (both depression and mania) that made me very suicidal--part situational, part mental illness. When I left, I felt better for a few days, but I've relapsed again, probably due to PTSD, which I have yet to receive an official diagnosis for, though my therapist does believe I have it. Unfortunately, I don't see my pdoc until next week.

So, I'm pretty much going through all PTSD symptoms, and probably a bipolar depressive episode brought on by PTSD. I'm surprised I haven't relapsed into suicidal ideation, but then I researched that sometimes bipolar disorder itself can cause PTSD, which isn't necessarily the case for me.

Dangerous Prophet

AmberSkyeF

Thank you for your post , I wish I had more affluence to respond better at this time but I am not feeling too well. I wish you well with your struggle in healing , you are always welcome here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff