Welcome to Gaia! ::

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
xX_Sandman_Slim_Xx
Sopiyu

Interesting that you've gotten marijuana for treatment , they dont allow that kind of thing here but I hope they realize its not anywhere near as dangerous as pharmaceuticals.
I will be going back to school this January as well. I really want to get back out there and meet people so I can feel more a part of humanity than just stuck in my room.

Yeah, I live in California. Where do you reside? And I agree! It's not addictive (at least not physically, though I can see how some people could emotionally become dependent on it), and it's way safer than alcohol.

I'm kinda nervous because I spent 2 years cooped up in my room avoiding interactions, and I'll be becoming a full time student. This year was the first time I started going out again since those two years, and I've gotten a lot more done than I thought I would. It helps to not be so reluctant to take those first baby steps, because now I feel like I'm able to take bigger strides. 3nodding

Dangerous Prophet

Sopiyu
xX_Sandman_Slim_Xx
Sopiyu

Interesting that you've gotten marijuana for treatment , they dont allow that kind of thing here but I hope they realize its not anywhere near as dangerous as pharmaceuticals.
I will be going back to school this January as well. I really want to get back out there and meet people so I can feel more a part of humanity than just stuck in my room.

Yeah, I live in California. Where do you reside? And I agree! It's not addictive (at least not physically, though I can see how some people could emotionally become dependent on it), and it's way safer than alcohol.

I'm kinda nervous because I spent 2 years cooped up in my room avoiding interactions, and I'll be becoming a full time student. This year was the first time I started going out again since those two years, and I've gotten a lot more done than I thought I would. It helps to not be so reluctant to take those first baby steps, because now I feel like I'm able to take bigger strides. 3nodding

I'm from Florida , we're lenient on gun policy but everything else is like talking to a brick wall when it comes to our elected officials. I really need to get a move on myself because I'm about to be 30 and I dont have anything to show for it. I want to be able to take care of myself and stop feeling dependent on my mother, I'd like to have a feeling of self worth, and most of all I would like to have a family and know what its like to feel surrounded by love.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
xX_Sandman_Slim_Xx

I'm from Florida , we're lenient on gun policy but everything else is like talking to a brick wall when it comes to our elected officials. I really need to get a move on myself because I'm about to be 30 and I dont have anything to show for it. I want to be able to take care of myself and stop feeling dependent on my mother, I'd like to have a feeling of self worth, and most of all I would like to have a family and know what its like to feel surrounded by love.

Ah I see. The west coast has become really open to marijuana in the past years. 3nodding
I'm glad that your mother supports you and you are looking forward to something (family), it really helps to get through hard times with support.
My step-dad has "lost all trust in me" (or most, I assume) since I've gotten a boyfriend (even though I've gotten my GED, began to have a little motivation to live, recovered from disorders, and signed up for college since then), so that's that. The only reason I'm still being supported by him is because my mom supports me no matter what, and hell would break loose if he even dared to kick me out. eek
I'm sure that if you stay positive, hell, even if you don't feel positive but refuse to give up, that you'll succeed. That's my plan for now, even if I feel like I might go back to my old ways, I'll tough through it, because there's always a chance of things becoming better, or at least okay.

Dangerous Prophet

Sopiyu

Sorry I havnt replied in depth, I havnt been feeling very well , spending most of my time asleep. Had a pretty mentally jarring event a few nights ago and I just cant get to sleep at night.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
xX_Sandman_Slim_Xx
Sopiyu

Sorry I havnt replied in depth, I havnt been feeling very well , spending most of my time asleep. Had a pretty mentally jarring event a few nights ago and I just cant get to sleep at night.
It's okay! As long as you're safe. smile
Haha, I know that feel. I went through a time in my life last year where I slept probably 15 hours a day. xp

Dangerous Prophet

Sopiyu
xX_Sandman_Slim_Xx
Sopiyu

Haha, I know that feel. I went through a time in my life last year where I slept probably 15 hours a day. xp

To set things up so you understand better. My property is over an acre in size and my drive is probably 50 yards long. I live on a private road thats quiet and dark and nobody ever comes back here that doesn't live here. At 10:30'ish PM last saturday my driveway alarm went off and thinking my mom was home I went to the door to unlock it. I look outside the window and its not my mom , its a black crown victoria with 5 really not so nice guys leaning on it. So I sprint back to my room and grab my gun and spare magazine and shove them into the back of my jeans and go back to the door. I cracked open the door and leaned out a little and called out "Can I help you guys?" This kid in a wifebeater comes up to the steps and I told him stop thats close enough. He starts talking about some house party and they were looking for some guy and wondering if I knew him. I respond I dont know who you're talking about this is the wrong place, there's 5 people on my property I dont know and you're making me nervous. The kid says ok sorry please dont call the cops and starts to leave. So my immediate line of thought is if you guys arent up to something then why the hell would you be worried about me calling the cops? They drive out to the road and then get back out of the car leaning on it outside my property. Then I decide ok enough is enough I'm calling the cops , so I picked up my phone and just as I'm about to call the cops these two guys start walking up my drive again! I lean out the door and call out "Theres no party here , I dont know who you're looking for you need to leave" They keep walking and closing the gap to my door and thats when I had enough. I drew my handgun chambered a round and aimed and yell out at them "Get off my property , now!" They got the idea then and hauled a**.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
xX_Sandman_Slim_Xx
Sopiyu
xX_Sandman_Slim_Xx
Sopiyu

To set things up so you understand better. My property is over an acre in size and my drive is probably 50 yards long. I live on a private road thats quiet and dark and nobody ever comes back here that doesn't live here. At 10:30'ish PM last saturday my driveway alarm went off and thinking my mom was home I went to the door to unlock it. I look outside the window and its not my mom , its a black crown victoria with 5 really not so nice guys leaning on it. So I sprint back to my room and grab my gun and spare magazine and shove them into the back of my jeans and go back to the door. I cracked open the door and leaned out a little and called out "Can I help you guys?" This kid in a wifebeater comes up to the steps and I told him stop thats close enough. He starts talking about some house party and they were looking for some guy and wondering if I knew him. I respond I dont know who you're talking about this is the wrong place, there's 5 people on my property I dont know and you're making me nervous. The kid says ok sorry please dont call the cops and starts to leave. So my immediate line of thought is if you guys arent up to something then why the hell would you be worried about me calling the cops? They drive out to the road and then get back out of the car leaning on it outside my property. Then I decide ok enough is enough I'm calling the cops , so I picked up my phone and just as I'm about to call the cops these two guys start walking up my drive again! I lean out the door and call out "Theres no party here , I dont know who you're looking for you need to leave" They keep walking and closing the gap to my door and thats when I had enough. I drew my handgun chambered a round and aimed and yell out at them "Get off my property , now!" They got the idea then and hauled a**.

Oh wow. I'd love living on a large property like that, but if that happened to me, I'd be so scared.. Good thing you had a gun! If I ever live on a large property, I'd probably do the same. eek
I don't see why those kid would think there's a house party nearby especially since there probably weren't tons of other cars parked around. I don't see why they would have to tell you to not call the cops.. They probably were either underaged or had drugs? Kids.. rolleyes

Dangerous Prophet

Sopiyu

I dont know , wasnt taking any chances

Interesting Regular

Being bipolar and using marijuana at the same time? That's the stupidest ******** thing I've ever heard.

Unless you plan on relapsing.

Dangerous Prophet

savagesarge

I ask if you have criticism to be constructive and impartial. What is your evidence behind that assertion that it is "stupid" and will cause a relapse?

Interesting Regular

She said she was delusional while manic. THC is a potent hallucinogenic compound that can create delusional cognitive patterns.

Need I say more?

Edit: Just a quick search on PubMed looking for cannabis use and bipolar disorder and you can find tons of articles concerning the onset of a manic episode linked to its use.

Example

Do you want the full article?

Dangerous Prophet

savagesarge
She said she was delusional while manic. THC is a potent hallucinogenic compound that can create delusional cognitive patterns.

Need I say more?

Edit: Just a quick search on PubMed looking for cannabis use and bipolar disorder and you can find tons of articles concerning the onset of a manic episode linked to its use.

Example

Do you want the full article?

sure I find it interesting to understand my ailment in depth as well as all the options and things I should avoid.

Interesting Regular

Sopiyu

Quoting the girl who said that she uses pot to relieve her symptoms too.

Here's the article.Journal of affective disorders

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
savagesarge
Being bipolar and using marijuana at the same time? That's the stupidest ******** thing I've ever heard.

My bipolar slowed down nearly to a stop before I started using pot. Now it only comes in the form of feeling depressed every other month. I don't get manic anymore.

I said I used pot to help my depression and anxiety which still lingered after my bipolar started slowing down, as well as to help me recover from anorexia.

It's been about 6 months, and I haven't relapsed or had a manic episode since. Also, I'm recovered enough to where I don't smoke regularly anymore, and only do recreationally for enjoyment.

Interesting Regular

Sopiyu
savagesarge

My bipolar slowed down nearly to a stop before I started using pot. Now it only comes in the form of feeling depressed every other month. I don't get manic anymore.

I said I used pot to help my depression and anxiety which still lingered after my bipolar started slowing down, as well as to help me recover from anorexia.

It's been about 6 months, and I haven't relapsed or had a manic episode since. Also, I'm recovered enough to where I don't smoke regularly anymore, and only do recreationally for enjoyment.

I'll say it again, it's still stupid.

If you can't acknowledge the litterature on the subject (we're talking about experts here), then i cant help you.

There is no cure for bipolar disorders, your disease is not gone. The question you must ask thyself is "Will i be able to make a sound decision concerning marijuana when i'll be manic?"

Think about it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces