Something more mainstream 0.067796610169492 6.8% [ 8 ]
Olympics... meh. Never over soon enough! 0.025423728813559 2.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 118 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Sparkly Shopper

Willscrlt
Mizz_Lovee
USA USA !!!! WE WILL ROCK IT !!!! xd xd

Pride in your country is nice, but I personally like to see everybody get a share in the medals. Countries like Kazakhstan that won their first medal ever make me so happy for them. I think it's wonderful when underdogs come up the winner.

I too am from USA, but was sooo happy when I saw Kirani James win a gold medal for Grenada!
I almost teared up too, seeing so much support for him :3.

And I'm really liking equestrian and fencing, the horses...the horses are so beautiful emotion_kirakira

Blessed Seeker

7,175 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I would've loved to see the Archery...but they never put it on crying

Friendly Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Pixelated Carmie
I too am from USA, but was sooo happy when I saw Kirani James win a gold medal for Grenada! I almost teared up too, seeing so much support for him :3.

That was great! And the Olympics are always full stories like these. That's why I love watching them each time. It's not just about the sports, but about the people behind the events.

Sparkly Shopper

MagickLuna

I watched it On Demand biggrin

Willscrlt

It also shows how hard they worked to become an Olympian, they're all winners in my heart >_<

Friendly Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Pixelated Carmie
It also shows how hard they worked to become an Olympian, they're all winners in my heart >_<

I think that everyone who makes it to the Olympics is already a winner. After all, they had to be the best in their country just to make it to the Olympics, which means that you are top-rated to begin with. Then, you show up for your event, so you overcame nerves, and then you compete. Even if you come in last, you've still made it farther than 99.999% of the world's population.

Not that I'm knocking what the medalists go. They just make it farther than 99.9999% do!

Sparkly Gem

11,475 Points
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Friendly Flashback 100
heart I love to watch the sailing and the rowing. heart It looks like fun.

Dedicated Fatcat

5,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • 50 Wins 150
Wrestling, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Rowing are some of my favorite summer Olympic sports because they not only take a great deal of athletic ability but also technical skill.
i want to see rythmic gymnastics on primetime its amazing

Friendly Gaian

7,750 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
WAT HAPPENED TO BASKETBALL?!

Friendly Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
ericaaa1997
i want to see rythmic gymnastics on primetime its amazing

It was on yesterday afternoon, and I actually got to see some of it! Both the individual and the team sports. It's amazingly beautiful and wickedly tricky for those athletes, especially with the ribbon.

Friendly Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
xmldx02
WAT HAPPENED TO BASKETBALL?!

Do you mean on TV or here in this thread? As far as on TV in the USA, it plays every gosh darn day on some channel (MSNBC, CNBC, or Comcast Sports Channel or something like that), so it's plenty available if you have cable TV and want to watch it.

If you're asking why we don't mention it here in this thread much, the whole point of the thread is to discuss the sports that are rarely if ever shown in prime time. The sports that do not have an entire channel dedicated to them.

Basketball, football (soccer), and tennis can be seen (in-season) on some TV channel almost every day of the year. But you don't get to see archery, equestrian events, sailing, or rhythmic gymnastics every day. More like only once every 4 years during the Olympics. That's why there's no basketball mentioned here. Not that we don't like it. We just want to see more of the other stuff get its own fair share of the airtime during prime time.

Friendly Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
Battle Slayer
Wrestling, Rhythmic Gymnastics, and Rowing are some of my favorite summer Olympic sports because they not only take a great deal of athletic ability but also technical skill.

Freestyle or Greco-Roman Wrestling?

I agree with you about the best of great sports requiring both athletic ability and technical skill. I'd also add a little bit of artistry to it. I watched a bit of freestyle wrestling yesterday, and there were moments when the action looked almost like a choreographed dance, with the two guys circling each other and then grappling. One of the guys even scored a point against his opponent, apparently based on how his graceful take down move looked, compared to the more awkward and clunky defensive move of the opponent.

Anxious Noob

badminton especially men's double scream

Blessed Seeker

7,175 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Pixelated Carmie
MagickLuna

I watched it On Demand biggrin

Willscrlt

I don't have On Demand sweatdrop if I did I definitely would've watched it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff