Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image[[Sic Transit Gloria...]]

thanks 8D

User Image

[[...Glory Fades]]
hmm....i wonder when the admins find out about the gaia0nline.tk thing in the rally...

6,650 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Befriended 100
  • Tycoon 200
even though i reported over 75 of hackers, there still more ways of trying to trick us....those low live thieves!
Oh yes! This is helpful a bunch!

A little to late for me, though.

I need admin advice quick!!! Or anyone's advice if they know.

My main account: Mireille _san, was hacked, kinda. [long story] But, the short story is that I was scammed into GIVING my password. The email of the girl who took it is lilian1347@yahoo.com.

Once she got my account she changed my password and my email. I DEFINITELY THINK WE SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO CHANGE ARE EMAIL!!!!

This is the website!!! DON'T GIVE HER YOUR PASSWORD!!! http://www.freewebs.com/gaiaonline-help/

And if I had just gone to her comments I would've seen that she was a hacker. I feel like a big stupid head. sweatdrop

Her Gaia name is lillian1347.

So, I need to know what to do. I don't want to report the account she stole because I might not be able to get it back. And I don't see what good it would do if I reported her Gaia. She probably has all my items so if she gets banned then I'll still lose all that.

And she's PMing all my friends from my account and telling them to go to that website. ONe of my friends fell for it. Her name is eclipse the moon.
Advice please. Here or PM. Please. I want my account back.

8,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Clambake 200
ChrisM47
Nekomoonlight
Eternal-Lord-Kira
the_jump_master
orangerox92

they can get into your account if they keylogg you, and that is illegal, and they use some kind of hacking program which gives your loggin info to theyre email address.

Keylogging: It is when a hacker can see everything you type, so he/she can hack your youtube, AIM, Myspace, Gaia, etc. Yes, it is illegal.

then how can you protect yourself against it???

dont let anyone download any suspicious looking programs onto your computer and dont download anything from emails you dont know or trust keyloggers use a program my friend has shown me the names and what they look like (hes an expert programer for games and such) i could try to find the email and show you via this if you people would like and if i havent emptied my email bin razz

keylogging sounds scary eek
i think i used to have a key logger then but i wasnt even on the inter net until i got my inti virus and who would hack a youtube or a myspace xp xp xp

ALSO: There are trojans, bugs and glitches in some games. My best advice is to be cautious and careful! How do you think I have a level 54 RS account as well as a level 32 mule that haven't been hacked or scammed for a bit? On there, I'm an advid reader of the chat and i report what there shouldn't be. Look for Furby4537568 in th Fist of Guthix! may you have a better nose for scammers and keep your eyes open!
RachaelAwesomeSocks
EvilFuzzyKitty
Shadeblade13
EvilFuzzyKitty
Max MouseG
RachaelAwesomeSocks
neutral Anyone who believes those messages deserved to be scammed. For real.

It's amazing how stupid people can be.

I have to agree with this girl...

mad You are both really insensitive jerks. Some of these scams are really convincing and someone who is new to the site might not know better. And really, does anyone really deserve to be scammed?! Maybe it's you who deserves it for being so insensitive.

No, any one new to the site thats stupid enough not to read the ToS and all that good stuff DESERVES to be scammed. I mean, if these people read half of the warnings and such Gaia puts out as it is, people wouldn't get scammed by atleast HALF as much. And no, NONE of those scams are convincing IN THE LEAST. You are made of fail. And not just the normal type of fail, EPIC fail. *facepalm*

So you actually want people to be scammed? That's what you are saying? So does that mean that you support the things that scammers do? You support illegal activity? You did say that they deserve to get scammed.
Some of the younger members of this site might actually be convinced by one of those scams. There are some really young gaians out there who might not actually know what a scam looks like, maybe because some little kids (and I'm saying some kids are like this, not all of them. I don't want a little munckin angry mob after me.) are noterious for not reading the rules very carefully. So you are saying that a little kid deserves to get things stolen from them? You are a really sensitive person aren't you?
I am made of fail? What are you, a five year old? That's really childish.

Oo, wow! Losing pixels is soooo important. /sarcasm
He and I never said that we supported scammers. We just made a point that people can be really stupid.
There's always the warning gaia puts around every corner of the site.
And you seriously are overreacting.

Oh and the fail part is phrase. You know, 4chan and ED?

Yeah I agree with you about the fact that people can be very stupid when it comes to falling for these scams but I don't think anyone deserves to be scammed. Think about it. Being scammed means losing all that gaia gold that they might have spent hours on the site earning and it means losing the items they may have bought on the cash shop with real money. Theft is theft whether it's pixels or an actual item being stolen. I agree that these people are very stupid and should've known better but come on. Do they really deserve to have all their stuff on gaia stolen just because they were being a little stupid and not paying attention?
ya i got hacked like 3 weeks ago thanks for puting this foum together
Have to give them the chop. xd
who would actually fall for that s**t?
Some things are not meant to be...

XOXO
One thing that annoys me is fake links to fake login pages

D;

Good thing that gaia has that warning screen after any link that isn't gaia

but what does Gaia do about cookie grabbers? say, if someone put a link to a URL that looked like youtube but was really a grabber?
XOXO
...but are anyway
i got scammed(hacked) by a person with report office( evil evil evil ) as their name. plz check my profile for a copy of the message that i was sent. mrgreen
Hackers and Scamers have no respect 4 other people evil evil scream mad

WHATAHOTTIE_122 rolled 10 10-sided dice: 7, 9, 6, 10, 3, 9, 4, 6, 6, 5 Total: 65 (10-100)

HEY, THIZ IZ NOT FUNNY I GOT A PM SAYING U HAVE BEEN REPORTED THEY ASKED ME 4 MY E-MAIL MY BACK UP E-MAIL MY USERNAME AND PASSWORD IT WAZ FROM A GUY CALLED Lord Staff AND I REPORTED HIM IF U GET A PM LIKE THAT REPORTED IT AND DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT GIVE THEM ANYTHING OKAY, HAVE A GREAT DAY biggrin biggrin biggrin
-S p a z z c a k e s-
Holy princess kate
i havent been sent anything like that and i have 6000g or higher with me right now as i write. my avis worth less than that amount.i find trading useful.do they try doing it on trading too.

Yes they do. They'll say they're sending you something worth a certain amount of gold, but they'll send it in a gift box. This is, 9 times out of 10, a scam. If they say they will not take it out of the box and send you the item alone, then, AND ONLY THEN, they should be reported.

thanks for telling me now i can watch out for them people and have safe trading.im giving you 100g for helping me thankyou heart heart
this sure hits close to home cuz i got my account banned from hackers a so did one of my friends

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff