Welcome to Gaia! ::

Big Member

I have had to report the same person's posts for more than 12 hours now. Just wondering how long it actually takes for reports to be dealt with.

Since this place is making SO much money, I don't think it should take quite this long to have someone stop harrassing people!

Thanks in advance. :3

O.G. Gaian

Pisty
I have had to report the same person's posts for more than 12 hours now. Just wondering how long it actually takes for reports to be dealt with.

Since this place is making SO much money, I don't think it should take quite this long to have someone stop harrassing people!

Thanks in advance. :3

Irrelevant, as moderators are volunteers.

If someone is harassing you, the first two things you do are file a harassment report and add the user to your ignored list.

As for how long it takes, again, moderators are volunteers. And they're pretty thin on the ground, as you can see -- that "view forum moderators" link at the top of the forum used to have a pretty long list of names. *shrug* Reports are handled in the order they're received. I doubt, though, that the harassment report queue is as long as the hack and scam queues, so if you haven't heard back in a week or two, you can PM a moderator to ask about the status.

Moderators volunteer their time on Gaia. They are either busy handling reports in the order they're received or likely enjoying Thanksgiving break.

I believe that you can PM a moderator in a week or two with the reference number about the report.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Well unless you're talking about admins who are actually the people getting paid to do their jobs, know now that mods are people in volunteer positions---and we're a bit short on mods right now.

Reports are handled in the order they are received, and you're in line with tons of others---not to mention false reports that the staff have to shift through and determine whether or not to pursue action after investigating.

Also, if you go to the user's drop down menu below them, there is an option to ignore them and completely block them off.

You can file a harassment report, and record EVERY post/topic they have made and use that as evidence of their abuse.

You can also make it so that the user(s) can't reach you except the forums:

Block your profile (private/friends only)
Block your PMS (receive none/friends only)
Block your comments (friends only/receive none)
Block your gifting (friends only/receive none)

At that rate, they won't be able to contact you except the forums---they still shouldn't contact you though even if it is the forums so report the post.

If a week or two goes by without word from a global moderator (they handle harassment reports) then PM one with your ref number and check.

Note: You don't have to necessarily keep the reference number, but it is good to have since the mods can find the report faster. They can find the report still with using your username.

Big Member

Thanks guys. :3

It isn't a personal harrassment, he's just bombarding a specific thread and since it's a thread offering support to potentially vulnerable people, it's really, REALLY not appropriate.

Thanks for all the info.

O.G. Gaian

Pisty

It isn't a personal harrassment, he's just bombarding a specific thread and since it's a thread offering support to potentially vulnerable people, it's really, REALLY not appropriate.

Thanks for all the info.

Is the person who posted the thread originally online? If the thread owner ignores them, then it effectively bans them from posting in the thread anymore.

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Pisty

Thanks for all the info.

His behavior is a good thing to report, considering that he shouldn't be bombarding a thread--especially one supposed to help support people.

If the thread owner is online, then he/she can ignore him. smile

If he goes on a mule to continue bombarding the thread, however, then I think at this rate the issue progresses where you just have to keep reporting the posts, and the thread owner will have to file a abuse/harassment form.

Big Member

Ah, I didn't know that. (Even after being a Gaian since forever! xD Wow... )

Thank-you, that helps, I'll see what can be done. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces