Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Fashionista

Kelso The Great

aww trinity was eliminated. crying
he kept calling chaz, chad in the interview and didn't know his name.

Magical Giver

Interesting. I never really knew there are variants that aren't Geisha which happens to be more widely known due to old Hollywood films.

Thank you for the information. I hope you get what you ask for. heart

Versatile Fashionista

AMIRANDAS
Interesting. I never really knew there are variants that aren't Geisha which happens to be more widely known due to old Hollywood films.

yep there's a major difference. whenever people see fancy kimonos with an up-do and a painted on face they think it's geisha. geisha keep getting a bad rep because of this.

i hope so too but so far gaia still haven't given us more oiran items.

Magical Giver

lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS

yep there's a major difference. whenever people see fancy kimonos with an up-do and a painted on face they think it's geisha. geisha keep getting a bad rep because of this.

Ah yeah. Blame it on old Hollywood. I do recall seeing old films where the stars would go on a trip to Japan and get caught up with some Geishas just because it was "taboo" for women outside of the Geisha community to even be in the same room with the Geishas and men during entertainment. So they'd do a comedy where the women (or men) would sneak in and dress up like Geisha girls to spy on their spouses or to sneak in a word to one of their friends being entertained.

That's how I first learned of the Geisha world when I was a kid.

Yes, I love black and white films. I can almost never turn down seeing one. smile

Versatile Fashionista

AMIRANDAS
lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS

Ah yeah. Blame it on old Hollywood. I do recall seeing old films where the stars would go on a trip to Japan and get caught up with some Geishas just because it was "taboo" for women outside of the Geisha community to even be in the same room with the Geishas and men during entertainment. So they'd do a comedy where the women (or men) would sneak in and dress up like Geisha girls to spy on their spouses or to sneak in a word to one of their friends being entertained.

Yes, I love black and white films. I can almost never turn down seeing one. smile

that reminds me of that episode where lucy sneaks into a room and tries to blend in and spy while dressed like a geisha. lol this part just cracks me up when lucy tries to follow along in the dance xD:

Magical Giver

lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS
lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS

that reminds me of that episode where lucy sneaks into a room and tries to blend in and spy while dressed like a geisha. lol this part just cracks me up when lucy tries to follow along in the dance xD:

YOU READ MY MIND!!!!!! heart I'm a diehard fan of Lucille Ball... but didn't want to come off as a nerd by stating what scenario I was referring to. 4laugh

Versatile Fashionista

AMIRANDAS
lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS
lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS

YOU READ MY MIND!!!!!! heart I'm a diehard fan of Lucille Ball... but didn't want to come off as a nerd by stating what scenario I was referring to. 4laugh

i automatically thought of that episode when you mentioned black and white films xD. wow i discovered this when i clicked on that scene. is this like a remake of that episode or something?: looks like a person is playing as lucy and the guy is playing as ricardo. i'm gonna look and see if i can find where the actor has to dance:

Magical Giver

lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS

i automatically thought of that episode when you mentioned black and white films xD. wow i discovered this when i clicked on that scene. is this like a remake of that episode or something?: looks like a person is playing as lucy and the guy is playing as ricardo. i'm gonna look and see if i can find where the actor has to dance:

The lady next to "Ricardo" looks like Shirley McLaine... I think this is from "My Geisha".

Versatile Fashionista

AMIRANDAS
lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS

The lady next to "Ricardo" looks like Shirley McLaine... I think this is from "My Geisha".

as i look at more scenes it does look like a remake except it looks like they took a more serious approach.
We need more accurate kimono in general. Aside from oiran items, I want good maiko and geiko items, not this westernized fake geesha crap like Aika's Garden and other kimono that's falling off your chest.

Magical Giver

lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS

as i look at more scenes it does look like a remake except it looks like they took a more serious approach.

Yeah, Well a lot of films use scenes from other films for inspiration. I haven't seen that one, I'll have to put that in my movie night queue

Versatile Fashionista

Kimono Girl Hatsuoki
We need more accurate kimono in general. Aside from oiran items, I want good maiko and geiko items, not this westernized fake geesha crap like Aika's Garden and other kimono that's falling off your chest.

they made a few exact kimono but they only made maiko wigs to go with them and didn't make any geisha wigs. there's a geisha hairstyle in the salon but i don't feel like paying all the time to get a new color in the hair. since everything is so geisha inspired and i don't see a lot of items that can help me make an oiran avi that's why i made this thread.

i definitely agree that we need better stuff, i was excited at first glance at the new asian items but then i took a second look at them. i was like the hair is not geisha (looks chinese inspired actually), the robe only has one sleeve, and we can only get a big beautiful parasol with an arm mod attached to it. it's cute but very geishaesque (geisha inspired but not exact).

they made ninja, kunoichi, and geisha inspired items. i really wanna see some exact oiran and geisha items. i'm tired of the geisha inspired stuff. we need more obi styles, more geta, exact GEISHA wigs and not leave us with only maiko wigs. i want the katsura wig made and etc. : User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Versatile Fashionista

AMIRANDAS
lR lE lD
AMIRANDAS

Yeah, Well a lot of films use scenes from other films for inspiration. I haven't seen that one, I'll have to put that in my movie night queue

same, it seems very interesting.

Fanatical Giver

Would LOVE to see this come to fruition. Great ideas!!!
lR lE lD
Kimono Girl Hatsuoki

they made a few exact kimono but they only made maiko wigs to go with them and didn't make any geisha wigs. there's a geisha hairstyle in the salon but i don't feel like paying all the time to get a new color in the hair. since everything is so geisha inspired and i don't see a lot of items that can help me make an oiran avi that's why i made this thread.

i definitely agree that we need better stuff, i was excited at first glance at the new asian items but then i took a second look at them. i was like the hair is not geisha (looks chinese inspired actually), the robe only has one sleeve, and we can only get a big beautiful parasol with an arm mod attached to it. it's cute but very geishaesque (geisha inspired but not exact).

they made ninja, kunoichi, and geisha inspired items. i really wanna see some exact oiran and geisha items. i'm tired of the geisha inspired stuff. we need more obi styles, more geta, exact GEISHA wigs and not leave us with only maiko wigs. i want the katsura wig made and etc. : User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Yeah they have one set of accurate kimono not suited for a maiko.

Well more katsura of any kind would be good. I'd like the maiko ones to not already have kanzashi on it already though or ugly eyebrows. sad But what I mean is, there aren't any furisode that could even pass as a maiko hiki. The ones they have here look like the sleeves are shorter than the normal kimonos and to maybe come with other musubi other than the han-darari kind (like full darari or cho). Of course, I agree that we need oiran items too as we don't have *any* of those.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff