Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
Geisha Repaint of Lagoona, on of my favorite dolls... the fins on her arms and legs and the webbed ears are amazing.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
lR lE lD

I like Operetta too and I love her rockabilly look. I love looking at rockabilly art. I have a rockabilly wig that I plan on wearing. It has a big bun in the front and it's kinda wavy and curly at the bottom. It would look normal if it wasn't two toned but I couldn't find it in black so I had to go with auburn and light bleach blonde.

I'm still gonna wear it since the colors to wear for the event I'm going to is brown and white. I always seem to buy stuff that would be too over the top. I swear if I could dress really bizarre anywhere, I would. I got a pink wig that I can wear nowhere, but I still wore it and even included one of the clip on ponytails that came with it xD. I thought people would be mean towards me but I got compliments.

I usually run into the jealous type of people that have only nasty things to say about people that are just dressed stylishly since they are plain jane and wish they had some style themselves. I want this wig, it just needs some styling to it: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The rolls kinda look like oiran's chou chou hair in the back.

That Wig looks straight from the set of Blade Runner!
I don't think I have ever seriously worn a wig... they just don't appeal to me, I would rather go through the trouble of styling it myself... therefore I know quite a few vintage do's and techniques.
The wig is typically called Victory Rolls. That is two large sections on the side that are rolled and pinned into a large barrel curl... the amount of hair and the angle may vary from person to person, but that is a classic look with great variety... I love how they look with a Blunt Bettie Paige style or Faux bang, it works well with mid to long length hair.
The one large roll at the top of the head that resembles a pompadour is called a Suicide Roll. This looks great with updos. Now THAT IS A SUICIDE ROLL! Not to be confused with Faux bangs

Rockabilly is generally a fusion of Punk and Vintage styles. Pulled straight from the 40's, 50's and 60's... Think Art Deco meets grunge. It tends to be associated with old school tattoo, pin up, greaser, skater and surfer culture.

Versatile Fashionista

Midoriko-Senpai
lR lE lD
Midoriko-Senpai
lR lE lD
Midoriko-Senpai

It's quite a shame...

it sure is. i think it might be because of them being prostitutes but yet gaia makes things that are way more whorish than oiran's style. at least oirans are fully covered. so if this style is begin avoided for that reason then that is kinda hypocritical. so it's okay to make sexy items but skip over a style that fully covers the avi? i've been asking gaia to do more for oiran for the longest. they are stuck on this westernized view of geisha and get geisha confused with Chinese style so much. i guess they think geisha and oiran are the same thing, it's not. heck, we even need better geisha items. i have yet to see accurate geisha items that resemble real geisha. i keep seeing geishaesuqe and i wish they would get up off this empress and emperor thing. there is more to asian culture than that all the time. i mean this stuff is on the internet... o__o why not just look at the styles and be more versatile. people can't even cosplay characters that dress up like an oiran.

I know right... I can't even find a decent kimono for my RP character... I wonder if they think they won't make any money doing this? I mean people are throwing ideas out and it just doesn't get any attention, but when we have things like the B R A I N items... Now come on Gaia... rolleyes

the only thing i liked that brain made is his wings. the rest is only for his fans and himself. if i was rich i wouldn't do that and showboat like that. i would make items that mostly everyone would love and i wouldn't have my character's face on everything. he says we are jealous, of course people are jealous and mad.

no one likes to see a face of someone else on mostly everything they make. if i had money like that, people would love the stuff i came up with. i would be bringing things that gaia needs, especially for the asian style instead of this me me me thing that brain does. he and his fans hugely pissed off everyone on this site when gaia decided to let brain's fans turn gaia into braingaia day. at least give us a better free gift than a shirt with his face on it.

gaia's artists and this new team over gaia get on my nerves. i think that's why they avoid making oiran style since i always talk like this in my thread. it's because i've been waiting forever and none of them seem to care. but i have seen a little progress. the sleeves for certain items are squarish now since i've fussed about the sleeves always being made like a regular sleeve or made like hanfu sleeves when it is supposed to be a japanese item.

i still get tired of them leaving one kimono sleeve off though. i mean why should i have to spell that out to them? they've seen what a kimono looks like... so why not make the sleeves square from the beginning? i just don't get it and the artists are not great like i thought they were.

i've given them idea after idea and i still see the same popular stuff. if they made the stuff i'm talking about it would be a huge sale and gaia would make a lot of money. mostly everyone likes asian things, heck anime is a big thing to most on here. there are lots of anime characters that dress traditionally, but people can not cosplay them due to gaia sticking with ninja, geishaesque, empress, emperor, kitsune etc.... there's more to asian styles out there other than trying to make us a hime, kunoichi and ninja...

just one click on google could open them up to a lot of styles. -___- so i just do not get it. i guess i'll never be satisfied with seeing oiran style on here. i can't even cosplay characters that dress similar to an oiran. the imagination just isn't there for this team.

maybe they have an art boss that tells them to stay away from certain styles, idk what's going on. for all i know it could be due to oiran's terrible past, the reason why this style is avoided. but the skank items have a terrible past, future and present since the whorish style is still up and running in today's life. at least oiran are fully covered so what's stopping gaia from doing this style? xD...

Wait there was BRAIN day?.... Wow how low is Gaia sinking... Unless he drops a bunch of money, why does the staff care about one person...

I wondered if there was a new team working because you can kinda see the shift... Ugh...

Honestly I think they would rather work on recolors then something new... Like seriously bubblegum this, Rosmond that... And I have noticed that they are getting lazy and reusing items in their sets... Like legs that go to a different item are released with a new item...

I would love to see more better quality kimono stuffs... even though my fav kimono item at the moment because of all the detail, even if it only has one sleeve, is the Aika's Garden. I hate it that they are only pushing out these "sexy" kimonos... Honestly kimonos are sexy when worn correctly... I have 13 and I wear them all... I know sexy when I see...

All the cosplay items I have seen lately are crappy... I don't think I am the only one that notices it... And I have been wondering about the whole Miko stuffs too... Why can't we just have a better distinction between Chinese traditional wear and Japanese... Like seriously... I know kimonos were inspired by the Hanfu but come on... were not idiots here... Well at least the people who know about the history....

consider yourself lucky for not seeing that monstrosity. i came online and my face dropped. all of his brain art was on gaia's background section, his brain doll was next to your avi along with his gaia girlfriend and if you click them it gives you a shirt with his face on it. it was a big slap to the face. his friend did it for him, they say brain didn't do it but i think they both planned that. >___< everyone's screen was BRAIN everything. it's just more of a punch in all of our faces. at least make items that everyone would enjoy instead of always slapping his face on mostly everything. i could see if his character was hot stuff but it just looks like a rich noob rally character. if i was rich we would have some very interesting things to wear xD. i don't think people would be bothered by it. we would have lolita items, samurai, oiran, geisha, Chinese opera, thai, egyptian, african, victorian, and maybe items from my fav drag queens from rupaul's drag race. xD i think everyone would be happy.

Versatile Fashionista

Kelso The Great
lR lE lD

xD sorry if you are a fan but.....:

omg.... twilight.... I watched one season and was like.....

Yeah that exactly. emotion_facepalm

I do not get why they made Draculaura go to school for hundreds of years. o__O So when she graduates, she's going right back to high school? Wtf kinda sense does that make. She even acts like a child and she is ANCIENT! e___e I. Just. Don't. Get. It. When I was watching the movie I was like did they just say what I think they said? Her 1600th b-day? ARE KIDDIN' ME? I do like her boyfriend though. I know they are making the male version of Medusa character out to be the hottest guy in monster high, but the hottest one to me is the wolf guy.

Lol I never really considered myself a Twifag till now I guess... The book series is a literary tidal wave, akin to that of Harry Potter or the Hunger Games... I had friends that urged me to read it back when the first film was barely coming out... I wasn't very interested then, only made it through 2 chapters before discarding it. The movie was lame, but said friends dragged me to see it.They used to spend hours dissecting the decisions made by characters. Sparkly Vampires still make me laugh. But it is a decent enough drama with the right supernatural touch, some moments are suspenseful and fast paced. A year or two ago I picked up the entire book series, including an illustrated guidebook, for really cheap. It is a good read, with intricacies and details that tend to get lost in Hollywood Script Writing and Inexperienced Teenage Acting. Edward is pretty lame, Bella is basic, Charlie is just Every Dad, Jacob gets friend zoned, and Her mom seems to be the only one with any character, almost like my mom... Stephanie Meyer's Choice of setting is great though, and her writing style is so good I even picked up a copy of The Host. It is a page turner for me, but I'm used to inhaling books in a short period of time. I'm not aware of any anime though.

That is pretty much what the Cullen Family do in Twilight... in the film they have a wall full of graduation caps.
As I said, that is really my nightmare made reality... My experiences in my first semester of senior year left me with post traumatic stress, I haven't had any nightmares lately, but for a few years after I graduated I really dreamt I was still in that hell hole. Every time they graduate they move somewhere else. But after so long you would be able to teach the classes, Right?
What if Dracula made Draculara stay home for the first millennium? Still that makes little sense. IDK I never really watch any of the animated s**t. It seems like it is aimed towards much younger audiences, and plagued with bad writing and cheap animation. The best argument I have seen against Monster High is that it teaches young girls that superficial things are important, but the best counter to that is it reinforces the importance of being unique. A new character from that foreign exchange is Marisol Coxi, inspired by a South American Bigfoot, her feet are larger than the typical doll, and she has fur textured arms and legs.

Kiyomi Haunterly is the daughter of Noppera-bo, the Faceless Yokai! Her outfit is modern looking, but her sleeves really resemble a Kimono. Besides the Blue Skin Base, She is practically a blank, ready to be painted! There are a few custom face paints already out there.

i actually like the cheap animation of the monster high show, though i wish it was all in 3d like the bratz. i like how their hair doesn't move that much and each strand is still in place. it reminds me of panty and stocking anime where things are drawn kinda lazily and very different from the art style of regular anime. but i'm glad they change to 3d when the team makes a movie. looks like bratz were about to go that route when the first movie came out. it was in 2d and after that it's been 3d.

Versatile Fashionista

Kelso The Great
lR lE lD

I like Operetta too and I love her rockabilly look. I love looking at rockabilly art. I have a rockabilly wig that I plan on wearing. It has a big bun in the front and it's kinda wavy and curly at the bottom. It would look normal if it wasn't two toned but I couldn't find it in black so I had to go with auburn and light bleach blonde.

I'm still gonna wear it since the colors to wear for the event I'm going to is brown and white. I always seem to buy stuff that would be too over the top. I swear if I could dress really bizarre anywhere, I would. I got a pink wig that I can wear nowhere, but I still wore it and even included one of the clip on ponytails that came with it xD. I thought people would be mean towards me but I got compliments.

I usually run into the jealous type of people that have only nasty things to say about people that are just dressed stylishly since they are plain jane and wish they had some style themselves. I want this wig, it just needs some styling to it: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The rolls kinda look like oiran's chou chou hair in the back.

That Wig looks straight from the set of Blade Runner!
I don't think I have ever seriously worn a wig... they just don't appeal to me, I would rather go through the trouble of styling it myself... therefore I know quite a few vintage do's and techniques.
The wig is typically called Victory Rolls. That is two large sections on the side that are rolled and pinned into a large barrel curl... the amount of hair and the angle may vary from person to person, but that is a classic look with great variety... I love how they look with a Blunt Bettie Paige style or Faux bang, it works well with mid to long length hair.
The one large roll at the top of the head that resembles a pompadour is called a Suicide Roll. This looks great with updos. Now THAT IS A SUICIDE ROLL! Not to be confused with Faux bangs

Rockabilly is generally a fusion of Punk and Vintage styles. Pulled straight from the 40's, 50's and 60's... Think Art Deco meets grunge. It tends to be associated with old school tattoo, pin up, greaser, skater and surfer culture.

i notice wigs continually get a bad wrap even from my relatives while some of them have thin hair and are going bald and constantly put down a wig but likes weaves, daphuq?. yet they sit up and make fun of wigs and look kinda down upon people that do wear wigs and look good in them. i love wigs, wigs takes things to another level and can sometimes pull a look together and the best part is that it can be taken off the head instead of dealing with some tracks sewed in the back of the hair to give it volume when a person can actually be released from all that hair stress. it's not good to wear a wig all the time though, but if a person wants some quick flair and might be going through a bad hair day, the wigs come in handy.

i typed in rockabilly geisha and this showed up:

Versatile Fashionista

hahah! nice HANFU you got on for a KABUKI play.

Versatile Fashionista

meanwhile.... I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR THE FULL VIDEO! T____T no one snuck and put it up online yet. super kabuki with chinese style mixed in equal AWESOMESAUCE!

Versatile Fashionista

WOAH WOAH WOAH! IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS? i just saw honne onna xD.

Divine Healer

17,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • Master Medic 150
lR lE lD
Midoriko-Senpai
lR lE lD
Midoriko-Senpai
lR lE lD
Midoriko-Senpai

It's quite a shame...

it sure is. i think it might be because of them being prostitutes but yet gaia makes things that are way more whorish than oiran's style. at least oirans are fully covered. so if this style is begin avoided for that reason then that is kinda hypocritical. so it's okay to make sexy items but skip over a style that fully covers the avi? i've been asking gaia to do more for oiran for the longest. they are stuck on this westernized view of geisha and get geisha confused with Chinese style so much. i guess they think geisha and oiran are the same thing, it's not. heck, we even need better geisha items. i have yet to see accurate geisha items that resemble real geisha. i keep seeing geishaesuqe and i wish they would get up off this empress and emperor thing. there is more to asian culture than that all the time. i mean this stuff is on the internet... o__o why not just look at the styles and be more versatile. people can't even cosplay characters that dress up like an oiran.

I know right... I can't even find a decent kimono for my RP character... I wonder if they think they won't make any money doing this? I mean people are throwing ideas out and it just doesn't get any attention, but when we have things like the B R A I N items... Now come on Gaia... rolleyes

the only thing i liked that brain made is his wings. the rest is only for his fans and himself. if i was rich i wouldn't do that and showboat like that. i would make items that mostly everyone would love and i wouldn't have my character's face on everything. he says we are jealous, of course people are jealous and mad.

no one likes to see a face of someone else on mostly everything they make. if i had money like that, people would love the stuff i came up with. i would be bringing things that gaia needs, especially for the asian style instead of this me me me thing that brain does. he and his fans hugely pissed off everyone on this site when gaia decided to let brain's fans turn gaia into braingaia day. at least give us a better free gift than a shirt with his face on it.

gaia's artists and this new team over gaia get on my nerves. i think that's why they avoid making oiran style since i always talk like this in my thread. it's because i've been waiting forever and none of them seem to care. but i have seen a little progress. the sleeves for certain items are squarish now since i've fussed about the sleeves always being made like a regular sleeve or made like hanfu sleeves when it is supposed to be a japanese item.

i still get tired of them leaving one kimono sleeve off though. i mean why should i have to spell that out to them? they've seen what a kimono looks like... so why not make the sleeves square from the beginning? i just don't get it and the artists are not great like i thought they were.

i've given them idea after idea and i still see the same popular stuff. if they made the stuff i'm talking about it would be a huge sale and gaia would make a lot of money. mostly everyone likes asian things, heck anime is a big thing to most on here. there are lots of anime characters that dress traditionally, but people can not cosplay them due to gaia sticking with ninja, geishaesque, empress, emperor, kitsune etc.... there's more to asian styles out there other than trying to make us a hime, kunoichi and ninja...

just one click on google could open them up to a lot of styles. -___- so i just do not get it. i guess i'll never be satisfied with seeing oiran style on here. i can't even cosplay characters that dress similar to an oiran. the imagination just isn't there for this team.

maybe they have an art boss that tells them to stay away from certain styles, idk what's going on. for all i know it could be due to oiran's terrible past, the reason why this style is avoided. but the skank items have a terrible past, future and present since the whorish style is still up and running in today's life. at least oiran are fully covered so what's stopping gaia from doing this style? xD...

Wait there was BRAIN day?.... Wow how low is Gaia sinking... Unless he drops a bunch of money, why does the staff care about one person...

I wondered if there was a new team working because you can kinda see the shift... Ugh...

Honestly I think they would rather work on recolors then something new... Like seriously bubblegum this, Rosmond that... And I have noticed that they are getting lazy and reusing items in their sets... Like legs that go to a different item are released with a new item...

I would love to see more better quality kimono stuffs... even though my fav kimono item at the moment because of all the detail, even if it only has one sleeve, is the Aika's Garden. I hate it that they are only pushing out these "sexy" kimonos... Honestly kimonos are sexy when worn correctly... I have 13 and I wear them all... I know sexy when I see...

All the cosplay items I have seen lately are crappy... I don't think I am the only one that notices it... And I have been wondering about the whole Miko stuffs too... Why can't we just have a better distinction between Chinese traditional wear and Japanese... Like seriously... I know kimonos were inspired by the Hanfu but come on... were not idiots here... Well at least the people who know about the history....

consider yourself lucky for not seeing that monstrosity. i came online and my face dropped. all of his brain art was on gaia's background section, his brain doll was next to your avi along with his gaia girlfriend and if you click them it gives you a shirt with his face on it. it was a big slap to the face. his friend did it for him, they say brain didn't do it but i think they both planned that. >___< everyone's screen was BRAIN everything. it's just more of a punch in all of our faces. at least make items that everyone would enjoy instead of always slapping his face on mostly everything. i could see if his character was hot stuff but it just looks like a rich noob rally character. if i was rich we would have some very interesting things to wear xD. i don't think people would be bothered by it. we would have lolita items, samurai, oiran, geisha, Chinese opera, thai, egyptian, african, victorian, and maybe items from my fav drag queens from rupaul's drag race. xD i think everyone would be happy.

Wow.... I'm glad I missed that...

And I will follow/support you totally! heart

Versatile Fashionista

Midoriko-Senpai
lR lE lD
Midoriko-Senpai
lR lE lD
Midoriko-Senpai

Wow.... I'm glad I missed that...

And I will follow/support you totally! heart

thanks!
if you wanna support us more you can use our banner that's located at the bottom of first post.

Versatile Fashionista

where was this on RPDR gia gunn? emotion_facepalm

Versatile Fashionista

emotion_facepalm asian drag queens always let me down on rupaul's drag race. we finally got a japanese kabuki drag queen and he didn't show us any of this. there were challenges where he could have shown this. i like that studded kimono.

Versatile Fashionista

see what i mean?

T___T kim chi did a terrible job at reenacting the sayuri performance. that fan was not worked to death xD. the costume is sad. i've seen better cheap kimono. and GURL! you can buy some high geta on the internet. emotion_facepalm geisha and oiran geta are on the internet. *sigh....

i see why kim chi said he never wants to go on rupaul's drag race.

Versatile Fashionista

just like i thought.

hello kitty kimono xD

User Image

i am shocked no one thought to make a hello kitty wa lolita kimono on rupaul's drag race.
T___T each queen kinda disappointed me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces