Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Fashionista

Naikoru9276
I love the idea of it, and many people said that they tied their obis in the front so that they could retie them theirselves after they finished with a "client" we'll say. That way they didn't require the needed help as a geisha would in tying her obi. I hope this idea gets created. heart

kinda sick of artist always ignoring oiran. if they type geisha into google they will eventually come across an oiran (probably being called a geisha since people always get them confused) since the style is similar.

Fashionable Vampire

7,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
I LOVE THIS THREAD!
It's layout, it's request, and how it's requested.
Dude; im subscribing. Here's to hoping to see many items like these in the future. 3nodding

thank you very much!

btw, my wife is obsessed with Geisha. I'm sure you two could teach each other a few things. 3nodding

My long rant xD
I like geisha but their dances are too robotic. If they would dance similar to the lady in the movie: The Teahouse of the August Moon (Youtube took it down so I can't show you the dance) they would be more interesting to watch all the time. Whenever I see Geisha dancing it's always without any feeling and robotic moves. Even the trained Geisha are sorta boring to me now, because it's the same thing. If you ask me the Kabuki Actors (mainly Tamasaburo Bando and a few others are more graceful and even though they have to stick with the dance they were taught they are more graceful while doing it and add their own specialness to the dance.

The only thing I like about Geisha would be the style, because the dancing is getting boring imo. I know it's interesting to others but if you watch Taishu Engeki and the skilled Kabuki Actors, they are way more graceful and move away from the robotic dancing and actually add their all into it. The Geisha act like they are just doing what they are told and not including any feeling in it whatsoever just fake feelings. Tamasaburo makes it look believable, same with Taichi Saotome xD. They are both in a different field but bring a lot to the table.

Back then I would be all over this but now I've gotten tired of the same robotic dancing where it's like they aren't happy at all that this is their profession. I know they are probably really happy but it just never shows up in the dancing. It's like aww omg I gotta show you again what I did in my boring class today that I'm sick and tired of and now I have to do all the moves right but I'm not adding my own specialness to it and I can't add my own specialness to it because this is the way I was taught. So therefore, dancing with fake feelings. In the movie I suggested, that dance was so awesome T____T gosh I wish I could see more of that.

I wanna show you the video so bad xD. I found it on a russian (could be Ukraine idk the difference in their alphabet) website but I forgot the link, I'll have to look for it. This is what I'm talking about:

NOW THIS I AM INTERESTED ALWAYS!
http://youtu.be/2gR_O2IX3hc?t=9m30s

Yes Geisha please take lessons T_____T. But Geisha don't have to worry xD. They will always be paid, people love what they do, it's just that I've gotten bored with the same old thing every time I see them.

whether it be Geisha or Oiran, both show how much modesty can be beautiful, enticing, and seductive.

Formal Elocutionist

lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
I LOVE THIS THREAD!
Dude; im subscribing. Here's to hoping to see many items like these in the future. 3nodding

thank you very much!

btw, my wife is obsessed with Geisha. I'm sure you two could teach each other a few things. 3nodding

My long rant xD
I like geisha but their dances are too robotic. If they would dance similar to the lady in the movie: The Teahouse of the August Moon (Youtube took it down so I can't show you the dance) they would be more interesting to watch all the time. Whenever I see Geisha dancing it's always without any feeling and robotic moves. Even the trained Geisha are sorta boring to me now, because it's the same thing. If you ask me the Kabuki Actors (mainly Tamasaburo Bando and a few others are more graceful and even though they have to stick with the dance they were taught they are more graceful while doing it and add their own specialness to the dance.

The only thing I like about Geisha would be the style, because the dancing is getting boring imo. I know it's interesting to others but if you watch Taishu Engeki and the skilled Kabuki Actors, they are way more graceful and move away from the robotic dancing and actually add their all into it. The Geisha act like they are just doing what they are told and not including any feeling in it whatsoever just fake feelings. Tamasaburo makes it look believable, same with Taichi Saotome xD. They are both in a different field but bring a lot to the table.

Back then I would be all over this but now I've gotten tired of the same robotic dancing where it's like they aren't happy at all that this is their profession. I know they are probably really happy but it just never shows up in the dancing. It's like aww omg I gotta show you again what I did in my boring class today that I'm sick and tired of and now I have to do all the moves right but I'm not adding my own specialness to it and I can't add my own specialness to it because this is the way I was taught. So therefore, dancing with fake feelings. In the movie I suggested, that dance was so awesome T____T gosh I wish I could see more of that.

I wanna show you the video so bad xD. I found it on a russian (could be Ukraine idk the difference in their alphabet) website but I forgot the link, I'll have to look for it. This is what I'm talking about:

Yes Geisha please take lessons T_____T. But Geisha don't have to worry xD. They will always be paid, people love what they do, it's just that I've gotten bored with the same old thing every time I see them.

Thank you for sharing that!
I still have a special welcomeness for the geisha artform though. I really enjoyed the video. It is.. Kabuki?

Perhaps there is still something we could agree on.
This place looks spectacular, and authentic to the request made.
Edo Wonderland
(the link is on google maps, I wholeheartedly recommend exploring)
Which has me to thinking. Some Backgrounds would also be loved that focus in on this artform.

Versatile Fashionista

Naikoru9276
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
I LOVE THIS THREAD!

thank you very much!

My long rant xD

whether it be Geisha or Oiran, both show how much modesty can be beautiful, enticing, and seductive.

to you it is (it is beautiful, i agree with that), i just like what they wear, that's it, i'm just not into the same old trained robotic moves with no specialness added to it whatsoever. to me kabuki and taishu engeki are at the top in my book xD. i am sick of the robots dancing. makes me think about that robogeisha movie.
EDIT: was mostly referring to geisha when it comes down to sexy and seductive.

Versatile Fashionista

TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
I LOVE THIS THREAD!

thank you very much!

My long rant xD

I still have a special welcomeness for the geisha artform though. I really enjoyed the video. It is.. Kabuki?

Edo Wonderland
Which has me to thinking. Some Backgrounds would also be loved that focus in on this artform.

i wish gaia would do more backgrounds, they did some japanese backgrounds but i want more xD. i wish they would actually make a background showing the front of the bridge with sakura or wisteria on both sides instead of showing the side of a bridge and it covers up the bottom of the avatar. i also want them to make a background with a street looking similar to the ones in the link you showed me.
this is the movie i'm talking about, skip to 90:38
http://vdownload.eu/watch/2531987-%D1%87%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D1%86%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%8F-the-teahouse-of-the-august-moon-1956.html
now if geisha would dance similar to that and add feeling like she did i would be interested.

in that other video i'm pretty sure that is kabuki since it's dealing with onnagata (cross-dressed male actor) , makeup, a tight sash for the actor can change clothes while on stage, etc. it isn't noh since noh deals with actors wearing masks and etc.

Versatile Fashionista

Naikoru9276

xD this is what i call beautiful, enticing, and seductive: http://vdownload.eu/watch/2531987-�‡айна�-�†е�€емони�-the-teahouse-of-the-august-moon-1956.html
skip to 92:19

now if geisha would do something like that i would be interested. to me that dance is better than memoirs of a geisha. emotion_awesome

Formal Elocutionist

lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
I LOVE THIS THREAD!

thank you very much!

My long rant xD

Edo Wonderland

i wish gaia would do more backgrounds, they did some japanese backgrounds but i want more xD. i wish they would actually make a background showing the front of the bridge with sakura or wisteria on both sides instead of showing the side of a bridge and it covers up the bottom of the avatar. i also want them to make a background with a street looking similar to the ones in the link you showed me.
http://vdownload.eu/watch/2531987-�‡айна�-�†е�€емони�-the-teahouse-of-the-august-moon-1956.html
now if geisha would dance similar to that and add feeling like she did i would be interested.

in that other video i'm pretty sure that is kabuki since it's dealing with onnagata (cross-dressed male actor) , makeup, a tight sash for the actor can change clothes while on stage, etc. it isn't noh since noh deals with actors wearing masks and etc.

Need more Japanese Backgrounds. We do have Hanafuda, and Edo Ukiyoe, and Aika's Garden, as well as a few others. But nothing that looks like a japanese village, or a japanese theatre.

I wish your video worked. sweatdrop
That's also the reasons I was thinking it was Kabuki. I never heard of noh. I'll check that out.
Is there a list of different the different types of Japanese cultural performances around the internet somewhere? You have me too curious on what else im missing out on. 3nodding

Formal Elocutionist

lR lE lD
Naikoru9276
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
I LOVE THIS THREAD!

thank you very much!

My long rant xD

to you it is (it is beautiful, i agree with that), i just like what they wear, that's it, i'm just not into the same old trained robotic moves with no specialness added to it whatsoever. to me kabuki and taishu engeki are at the top in my book xD. i am sick of the robots dancing. makes me think about that robogeisha movie.

From what I can tell; Oiran were prostitutes, though much older than Geisha. I guess for back then and of that culture; they were considered much more in the lines of eccentric and sexy. But in today's world-- I do see it as modest. Either way; regardless of origin-- unless we're debating on how Gaia's gonna make us an animated item that is Oiran related, I don't see the arguement very worthwhile. Get a geisha item; and call it ouran. Either way; if inspiration comes from here and we get more-- im happy.

Naikoru is that wife I was talking about who is obsessed with Geisha. xd
Happy to see you made it to the thread honey.

Versatile Fashionista

TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL

My long rant xD

Edo Wonderland

http://vdownload.eu/watch/2531987-�‡айна�-�†е�€емони�-the-teahouse-of-the-august-moon-1956.html

Need more Japanese Backgrounds. We do have Hanafuda, and Edo Ukiyoe, and Aika's Garden, as well as a few others. But nothing that looks like a japanese village, or a japanese theatre.

I wish your video worked. sweatdrop
That's also the reasons I was thinking it was Kabuki. I never heard of noh. I'll check that out.
Is there a list of different the different types of Japanese cultural performances around the internet somewhere? You have me too curious on what else im missing out on. 3nodding

you can go to kabuki21.com and then go to youtube and check if the performance is up.
just know that in kabuki only men are allowed to perform on stage. no women at all. if you want to see greatness you can check out tamasaburo because the others that try to do it look robotic as well except a few i just don't know their names. every time i go to watch a dance that tamasaburo has done and i see someone else do it, it looks like the crappier version (i'm sorry but that's what it appears like).

when i see others dance it just looks like they are saying, yeah i'm doing this for a living, i'm not putting my all into it, i really do not care if this looks graceful or not and some try to do it but lots of mistakes are made and look like they are still in training even though they have made it to the big league where people pay to see them.

maybe this link works https://www.google.com/#q=watch+teahouse+of+the+august+moon&start=10
scroll down till you see russian and skip to 92:30

Versatile Fashionista

TINSTAAFL
lR lE lD
Naikoru9276
lR lE lD
TINSTAAFL

My long rant xD

From what I can tell; Oiran were prostitutes, though much older than Geisha. I guess for back then and of that culture; they were considered much more in the lines of eccentric and sexy. But in today's world-- I do see it as modest. Either way; regardless of origin-- unless we're debating on how Gaia's gonna make us an animated item that is Oiran related, I don't see the arguement very worthwhile. Get a geisha item; and call it ouran. Either way; if inspiration comes from here and we get more-- im happy.

Naikoru is that wife I was talking about who is obsessed with Geisha. xd
Happy to see you made it to the thread honey.

i was mostly talking about the geisha. i should have pointed that out. sweatdrop

i already know about what oiran were back then. why all animated items? o-o i want oiran items (the stuff that they wear and tools that they use). gaia never makes anything on the oiran style. everything is related to geisha and oiran are overlooked every time.

geisha are different from oiran so the geisha items shouldn't be called oiran at all. it will be just like all the other pictures and videos out there where people call oiran, geisha when the person(s) are not dressed as a geisha at all. it wouldn't be good to slap the name oiran on a geisha item. i hope gaia doesn't do this, it would make me very angry if i see the new oiran items being called geisha.

ouran is the name of an anime.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image
I feel like it was fate that made our paths cross at the front of the store... lol

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
I also got a box of this.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Versatile Fashionista

Kelso The Great
User Image
I feel like it was fate that made our paths cross at the front of the store... lol

LOL it most definitely is xD.

Versatile Fashionista

Kelso The Great
I also got a box of this.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

my mom loves getting that kind. i've drunk so much of it till i've gotten tired of the taste. i changed over to brisk drinks.

have you tasted the zero calorie ginseng arizona tea kind? they included the 2 ladies sitting on the porch on the cans. i just love the artwork. the lady holding the tray looks similar to an oiran and the 2 ladies sitting on the porch look like geisha. sadly, there are no pictures up so that i can show it.

Hilarious Hellraiser

14,950 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
lR lE lD

I haven't seen that one yet, but I did manage to pick up a small package of Matcha Tea. It is delicious with a little bee pollen added in the mix, I still need to find a chasen to whisk it with.
I also got a couple cute little tea mugs for brewing loose tea. I went to Teavanna, where the prices were rather high for my taste. There was some Monkey Picked Oolong that was divine, but at $25 for 2oz I would break the bank. But the clerk said he can brew the leaves up to 6 different time before they are spent. Good Oolong has a delicate and distinct flavor, but since it is so hardy it must be brewed for a long time at a high temperature.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff