Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Borg

codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
Roderich Edelstein
Alucio
One thing that just crossed my mind that I would love to see (especially in towns), but doubt it would ever be possible: More sitting poses. I'm kind of tired sitting on my knees all the time. I mean don't our little pixels know butts are comfortable to see on as well? . 3.
It's a cute idea, but I think this is restricted by the item poses for our avatar's lower body. ;w; Different leg mods will get you different sitting positions, but to generalize this would probably require all lower body items to receive new poses.
But that doesn't seem too hard to fix.

Currently all the items have positions for standing and kneeling. If we gave the avatar 1 more sitting pose, about half a million pieces of art would have to be updated. I'm thinking the artists wouldn't go for that.
True, but it's not impossible to do.

Aged Genius

Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
Roderich Edelstein
Alucio
One thing that just crossed my mind that I would love to see (especially in towns), but doubt it would ever be possible: More sitting poses. I'm kind of tired sitting on my knees all the time. I mean don't our little pixels know butts are comfortable to see on as well? . 3.
It's a cute idea, but I think this is restricted by the item poses for our avatar's lower body. ;w; Different leg mods will get you different sitting positions, but to generalize this would probably require all lower body items to receive new poses.

Currently all the items have positions for standing and kneeling. If we gave the avatar 1 more sitting pose, about half a million pieces of art would have to be updated. I'm thinking the artists wouldn't go for that.

No, but not impossible is a long way from not hard to do.

Questionable Borg

codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
Roderich Edelstein
Alucio

True, but with enough men at computers, it shouldn't take terribly long.

Aged Genius

Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity

As far as I know, we have no men in the art department working on towns or avatars. I'm not an artist, but I'm guessing it would take at least six months to do, if they didn't have a ton of other work to get done which they do.

Questionable Borg

codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity

As far as I know, we have no men in the art department working on towns or avatars. I'm not an artist, but I'm guessing it would take at least six months to do, if they didn't have a ton of other work to get done which they do.
Six months isn't terrible.

Aged Genius

Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity

*sigh* It can't happen. Sorry

Questionable Borg

codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity
codemonkey37179
Mayor Gravity

I never said it would, I just said it wouldn't be impossible.
Why not add different sections of towns landform wise like the upper 1000 ares being mostly snow considering it being near the mountains whereas towards the bottom there will be more lakes and such.like zomg but with towns in a way.

Timid Cat

15,225 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
codemonkey37179
People are badgering you with unreasonable requests. Too bad you can't clone yourself so there'd be a few thousand codemonkeys working on this stuff. You could number them consecutively, from codemonkey1 through codemonkey37179.
Beemie
codemonkey37179
People are badgering you with unreasonable requests. Too bad you can't clone yourself so there'd be a few thousand codemonkeys working on this stuff. You could number them consecutively, from codemonkey1 through codemonkey37179.
I support this cloning. xD And yea, thank you for putting up with all of us.

Aged Genius

Beemie
codemonkey37179

Now that I could do in Towns! Even if I could in real life, I still depend on the artists.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
codemonkey37179
Beemie
codemonkey37179

Now that I could do in Towns! Even if I could in real life, I still depend on the artists.

I really hate it when people make unreasonable requests and then argue with Staff members about it. (sigh)
Anyway, I cannot wait till this gets up and running.

11,475 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
codemonkey37179

Something I would like to see is a directory that makes more sense.
For instance. When you open the directory, it starts you off in the 1000 areas, go to the right, it goes to 1100 areas, but after that it jumps into 2000 areas, and if you go left of the 1000 areas it goes to 1500 and lets not get into when you start using the up and down as well as on top of left and right.

I see the housing was updated, makes moving a bit easier. However I still have to hold the arrow buttons for a second to move, instead of being able to tap them. Also, when inside a house if you click anywhere on the 120x150 avatar area your avatar will not move there. If that could be fixed it would be nice.

I hope those issues won't carry over to the new Towns. Something I like about zOMG is being able to use two arrow keys such as up and over at the same time, if we could see that in Towns that would be nice, as well as maybe carry over the G key for going to the selected person (possibly trees, rocks, etc?). Also, something nice in zOMG is when you click an avatar the option panel opens and you can click w/e options for them, ignore, profile, add, etc. even if the person moves (excluding if they leave the area). Can we see this in the new Towns as well? Clicking the plus is a high disadvantage if they move.

I like the GST transitions and all in Towns, but sometimes I'd like to be able to just make it daylight to see avatars, insects, w/e. Will there be an option to have it constantly 'daylight'?

Things I saw mentioned where geographical areas like mountains, beaches, etc, would it be possible to port the proper zOMG monsters to those areas not for combat, but just for decorations? Providing you do that for instance have a monster randomly appear in certain areas at certain times of the day? Thought that'd be a nifty. Just to apply the feeling of a live environment not just from users.

Currently we can bookmark some areas as favorites. Would it be possible to maybe set a default loading area from the favorites list? Of course if not default were set, have a generic starting location. Also have the option to have more that, five favorites? Something similar, the 'recent topics' only shows five, but every time you open the directory it's the same five topics till it updates, how about it shuffles new topics when the directory is opened? This way they can go to new topics posted if it catches their attention more instead of having to wait for topics to be cycled out..

Phew, that was a lot of pages to read ._.

Edit: I do like the zoom option one user posted. But possibly have a couple zoom types zoom options, one zoom-in, zoom-out, super zoom-out. Where zoom-out would show a larger area and super zoom-out would show the entire area.

Also the arrows of doom! When you touch them... they carry you away... an option to have to click the next area like in zOMG when changing map locations from like the Greens to Bills Ranch would be nice.

Aged Genius

Knight Yoshi
codemonkey37179

Something I would like to see is a directory that makes more sense.
For instance. When you open the directory, it starts you off in the 1000 areas, go to the right, it goes to 1100 areas, but after that it jumps into 2000 areas, and if you go left of the 1000 areas it goes to 1500 and lets not get into when you start using the up and down as well as on top of left and right.

I see the housing was updated, makes moving a bit easier. However I still have to hold the arrow buttons for a second to move, instead of being able to tap them. Also, when inside a house if you click anywhere on the 120x150 avatar area your avatar will not move there. If that could be fixed it would be nice.

I hope those issues won't carry over to the new Towns. Something I like about zOMG is being able to use two arrow keys such as up and over at the same time, if we could see that in Towns that would be nice, as well as maybe carry over the G key for going to the selected person (possibly trees, rocks, etc?). Also, something nice in zOMG is when you click an avatar the option panel opens and you can click w/e options for them, ignore, profile, add, etc. even if the person moves (excluding if they leave the area). Can we see this in the new Towns as well? Clicking the plus is a high disadvantage if they move.

I like the GST transitions and all in Towns, but sometimes I'd like to be able to just make it daylight to see avatars, insects, w/e. Will there be an option to have it constantly 'daylight'?

Things I saw mentioned where geographical areas like mountains, beaches, etc, would it be possible to port the proper zOMG monsters to those areas not for combat, but just for decorations? Providing you do that for instance have a monster randomly appear in certain areas at certain times of the day? Thought that'd be a nifty. Just to apply the feeling of a live environment not just from users.

Currently we can bookmark some areas as favorites. Would it be possible to maybe set a default loading area from the favorites list? Of course if not default were set, have a generic starting location. Also have the option to have more that, five favorites? Something similar, the 'recent topics' only shows five, but every time you open the directory it's the same five topics till it updates, how about it shuffles new topics when the directory is opened? This way they can go to new topics posted if it catches their attention more instead of having to wait for topics to be cycled out..

Phew, that was a lot of pages to read ._.

Edit: I do like the zoom option one user posted. But possibly have a couple zoom types zoom options, one zoom-in, zoom-out, super zoom-out. Where zoom-out would show a larger area and super zoom-out would show the entire area.

Also the arrows of doom! When you touch them... they carry you away... an option to have to click the next area like in zOMG when changing map locations from like the Greens to Bills Ranch would be nice.

Wow, there are a lot of ideas in here. I can't address them all, right now, but let me tell you a little of the plans.

First of all, you are right the directory is confusing, as are the zip code. Both will be going away. Please don't let that alarm anyone. We will be replacing them with better navigation tools.

We are not going to be able to do a zoom, but the window is going to be 30% larger, it is currently at 740 wide x 550 high, the new window is 1024 wide x 768 high,. If you don't think that is much of a change, try putting your monitor at 800x600. You'll see how small that is.

Also we have been experimenting with much larger areas. The recent Valentines event was about twice the size that we normally use in Towns.

As for the other ideas, nothing has been discussed about it, but we will be reviewing this thread for ideas before we hold more creative meetings. Thanks for the input!

Beloved Gaian

How about some new toy items? I'm not talking about emotions; I mean the items you can get from that shop stand like the water balloons and snowballs.

Some new ones would be neat I think such as tomato splat or paintball gun item; another idea would be taking some of the projectile items that were used in Gaia Cinemas like the fireball, popcorn, etc and just migrate them to be bought and used in Towns. Also, having that shop stand be available in all Towns seasons would be nice. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff