Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
I like the idea of letting us have a status/title of some sorts. A simple line of text that shows up under our username that's changeable at will. Would be useful to let people know you're AFK/BRB, or perhaps looking for an RP or to just let the world know that you love toast!

Also, the ability to update your avatar without having to reload towns or go to a new area and back.

Genius

Just a few questions

What's going to be so special about the new towns?

How of the zOMG interface will be used for towns?

Also will the homes get redesigned? I'm talking about how they will look from the outside.

Aged Genius

II_Kisame_II
Just a few questions

What's going to be so special about the new towns?

How of the zOMG interface will be used for towns?

Also will the homes get redesigned? I'm talking about how they will look from the outside.

Well, let me ask you the question, what can we do in towns that would make it special for you?

We don't have any plans to use the zOMG interface at this point, but everything is subject to change.

It is possible that you will be able to decorate the area outside of your house. We just haven't gotten to much of the creative part yet. It has all been data and numbers so far.

We are having a meeting today, I may have more information later.

Heroic Millionaire

15,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Here are some key features I would like to see in Towns 2.0.

Most have already been said but I just want to repeat. smile

-AFK button! (Terrific idea! It can be similar to the pose button.)
-New bugs to catch. (Ladybugs, Moths, Bees, Worms, Spiders etc.)
-New trash. (Soda Cans, Banana Peels, Empty Ramen Noodle Cups, Old Socks, etc.)
-New Magical Flying Boxes. (Golden Giftbox, Philosopher's Cache, etc.)
-New emotes. (Raising Eyebrow, Hands Clapping, Finger Snap, Sick Face, etc.)
-Warning before moving bartons by the arrows. (Some kind of confirmation.)
-New "report user" categories. (Scriptors, Cyberers, etc. More specific than the current ones.)
-Change the Train Depot! (Ian's hair color, Rina's age, New outfits, etc.)

Note that these are also things we can try for Towns 1.0 if 2.0 doesn't work out.

Here are things that I think should be improved/fixed:

-Soccer Ball (It's not working anymore. Limit 3 per area.)
-Topics (Add the username to the topics. Let the topic host have the power to boot disturbing users out. Etc.)
-Report a Topic button (Next to a topic name)
-Emotes (Limit the amount of time between each click to prevent spam. Just like you guys did for the pose button.)
-Unpickable Trash/Bugs (Also try not to have them behind the topic boards.)
-No limits to the ignore system! (Take off the 500 user limit when ignoring users manually.)
-Improved Towns Music (Same memorable melody, but different instruments?)

Features that I want kept.

-Fountain, Trees, Bushes, Rocks
-Ignore User Button "The Fireball" (I love it. One of the best features.)
-Pose (Of course.)
-Bug/Trash Collecting (Bugs/Trash go straight to the inventory. No need for the Item Bag.)
-"12341234" Trick (Very useful for those with bad eyes.)
-Zip Codes
-Directory

Shameless Capitalist

10,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Nerd 50
First, thank you so much for making this thread and responding to so many of the suggestions here. It makes us feel loved. heart

I love the ideas of having different town squares with one having soccer, one having a swimming pool, etc. The current format does get a bit repetitive. It's been a while since I've seen one, but I remember there was (and probably still is) a guild that put on plays in Towns. It would be pretty cool to have a stage as one of the town squares. I know weddings are also fairly popular, so maybe a chapel? Before one of my friends introduced me to Gaia, I was on MyCoke Studios which had tons of restaurants (where we could grab a Coke and virtually drink it all day lol). I would love a restaurant or just some picnic benches (I know- blah, blah, blah, Virtual Hollywood. I liked that I could hang out with a large group at the restaurants and then escape easily to my studio if I wanted a bit more privacy.) None of this would need to be really elaborate and it could all be outdoors. (And I realize that this is probably more of a "someday after the nuts and bolts are screwed in" type suggestion.)

Anyway, I also am very excited that we might get to change the outsides of the houses and their surroundings a bit more. After a while, the neighborhoods all start looking alike to me. Something I would love to be able to do is name my home. Their is a little sign on the door right now that says "(username's) Home". I would like to give my home a name on that sign instead, (kind of like we name our aquariums) and then be listed as the home's owner underneath the house's name.

I also don't feel like there is much to draw people into homes right now. I would love a chance to show mine off a bit more. Maybe, just like users shake rocks and trees for a small bit of gold, they could get a small amount from coming inside a house? Maybe they could even shake my chair and see if there is a little something hiding in the cushions? (With a reasonable limit on the number of pieces of furniture in a house that could be shaken, of course.) As long as they are there, maybe they could have the option of viewing and posting a comment on my profile?

Last request (for a while, anyway): can we own more than one house? (I think the limit at MyCoke Studios was 5? I had a normal house and then a disco washeteria which had a totally different vibe) That way, those of us who dream of being real estate tycoons and don't bother with mules can have a bit more of a presence in Towns and sink a bit more of our gold on decorations.

I may have gotten carried away with my post, but I promise it comes from a place of pure excitement and love for what you are doing.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
There is only ONE thing I want out of the new towns...

ONLY ONE...

I want you to REMOVE the time of day which you can get certain trash/flowers. Meaning: make it so I can get pink carnations and goldenrod paper during any time of the day.

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
Just saying I swear if it looks anything like rally....

Ok heres somethings I think, Remove the day/night, no one likes the night time it's just annoying and it's annoying to have to always spam '12341234' all the time.
Also I agree greatly with what this guy had to say

FoxDemonAreiku V2

Most have already been said but I just want to repeat.

-New "report user" categories. (Scriptors, Cyberers, etc. More specific than the current ones.)

Note that these are also things we can try for Towns 1.0 if 2.0 doesn't work out.

-Topics (Add the username to the topics. Let the topic host have the power to boot disturbing users out. Etc.)
-Emotes (Limit the amount of time between each click to prevent spam. Just like you guys did for the pose button.)
-No limits to the ignore system! (Take off the 500 user limit when ignoring users manually.)

-Pose (Of course.)
-Bug/Trash Collecting (Bugs/Trash go straight to the inventory. No need for the Item Bag.)
-Zip Codes
-Directory

Aged Genius

Re: AFK button! (Terrific idea! It can be similar to the pose button.)

Seriously? Seriously? an AFK button?

(no, seriously, what's an AFK button?)

Aged Genius

wunk
Just saying I swear if it looks anything like rally....

Ok heres somethings I think, Remove the day/night, no one likes the night time it's just annoying and it's annoying to have to always spam '12341234' all the time.
Also I agree greatly with what this guy had to say

FoxDemonAreiku V2

Most have already been said but I just want to repeat.

-Pose (Of course.)
-Zip Codes
-Directory

Nice list. I can update you on some info.

This is up to the art department, but it may be doable.

I'm hoping we can have a selection of music

definitely going away
-Zip Codes
-Directory

one or more soccer play areas with goals and scoring. 1 ball per area
Soccer Ball (It's not working anymore. Limit 3 per area.)

This is already implemented in some new area

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
codemonkey37179

Nice also perhaps maybe an option on whether you want to have bugs or not, along with day/night. and what's going to happen with the pose delay? Are you guys keeping that?
[edit] about the pose like I see how it can be used to troll if it wasn't delayed but I mean 7 seconds seems a bit long for a delay. Like rally has a shorter delay and so does zOMG. Like if you sit down and want to sit some where else you have to stand up, wait 7 seconds, and then sit down again. I don't know it just seems kind of annoying.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Oh, I have a little feedback. In the current Towns, certain items only show up in dawn and dusk, which is fine and all... But since the dawn and dusk timeframes are short, it makes the exclusive items disproportionately rare. The dawn and dusk items happen to be the Pink Carnations and Old Crumpled Newspaper. Look how much they sell compared to all the other Towns items, it's a huge difference.

Also, what would be the chances of a weather feature being implemented? I really like how it snows in the winter on current Towns and I'd like to see that expanded.

I don't know if you'd have power over this or not, but it would also be cool to change the outside of homes. Even just changing color would be nice, though if we want to go further, it would be cool if we could make our homes look like tiny castles or palaces or food. cat_rofl

Also, you mentioned having unique Towns spaces? Would you consider doing, say, different terrain? Like, one part of Towns would be mountain, another would be like we have now, another would be a desert, another would be a spooky forest and another would be underwater. I'd kill to have my home in Towns underwater! emotion_kirakira
codemonkey37179

I assume an AFK button would be something you click when you leave your computer and then it shows up for everyone in Towns to see that you are absent. Maybe by having your avatar go pale or having a symbol above the avatar's head etc. That way you won't have to worry about telling someone your life's story only to have them say "Ok I'm back, what did I miss?" at the end. xD

Gambino Medalist

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
codemonkey37179
First of all, you are right the directory is confusing, as are the zip code. Both will be going away. Please don't let that alarm anyone. We will be replacing them with better navigation tools.

I've been brainstorming with a friend, and we have been trying to come up with a system that would work other then the zipcode system regarding permanent areas. So far, no dice.
I am worried about the discarding of the zipcode system because of the loss of memorable meeting places.
Currently, it is easy to set up a place to chat with people who enjoy the same interests as you by simply typing in a zipcode to get to the area (For example, 001023 for the current cosplay town.) How would the new system, if it will, have these permanent meeting areas?

Aged Genius

Roderich Edelstein
codemonkey37179

I assume an AFK button would be something you click when you leave your computer and then it shows up for everyone in Towns to see that you are absent. Maybe by having your avatar go pale or having a symbol above the avatar's head etc. That way you won't have to worry about telling someone your life's story only to have them say "Ok I'm back, what did I miss?" at the end. xD

What does AFK stand for?

Aged Genius

In Paradisum
codemonkey37179
First of all, you are right the directory is confusing, as are the zip code. Both will be going away. Please don't let that alarm anyone. We will be replacing them with better navigation tools.

I've been brainstorming with a friend, and we have been trying to come up with a system that would work other then the zipcode system regarding permanent areas. So far, no dice.
I am worried about the discarding of the zipcode system because of the loss of memorable meeting places.
Currently, it is easy to set up a place to chat with people who enjoy the same interests as you by simply typing in a zipcode to get to the area (For example, 001023 for the current cosplay town.) How would the new system, if it will, have these permanent meeting areas?

We've come up with something to replace it.

Let think about real life for a moment. If you are going to meet up with a friend do you use a zip code?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff