18,025 Points
  • Lightbulb 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

Twisted Lady
Walmart Sponsor
A faceless organization owned by VIACOM

Yeah, gonna go ahead and request a source on that.

User Image
Sorry, I meant TIME WARNER

http://mashable.com/2008/01/08/time-warner-invests-in-gaia-online/

Same thing. Its a faceless corporation

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Walmart Sponsor
Twisted Lady
Walmart Sponsor

User Image

Investing isn't the same as owning. Also, this article is from 2008. If you actually read this article, it also states that other companies such as Sony also invested in the site.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Lucht
Walmart Sponsor
Twisted Lady
Walmart Sponsor

User Image

Investing isn't the same as owning. Also, this article is from 2008. If you actually read this article, it also states that other companies such as Sony also invested in the site.

Yeah, I think they were some of the Sponsors we've had. Wonder what the current ones are.

Conservative Millionaire

Quiet, doomsayer. People have been predicting "the end of Gaia" for years (probably since 2003, in fact) and it hasn't happened yet. As unhappy as some people are with the site, I'm hopeful that the site will be fine and the problems will be fixed. Eventually. At some point.

aaleeyyee's King

Muscular Shoujo

13,300 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I miss when gaia wasn't owned by faceless evil corporations hellbent on killing net-neutrality.

Timid Bunny

in a very long time i have heard its the latter days of gaia..., i thought gaia still was an independent company, i could be wrong though or is there any sources available?... =w=;

how much worse can it get?... 404 page not found ~_~

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Now, don't get me wrong, I don't love what Gaia has become... but making exaggerated claims isn't going to help anyone.

"Today, GaiaOnline has become a for pay Dress-Up Game." Pretty sure I logged on to Gaia today without having to put in my credit card information. Yes, I've bought GC in the past, but that was my choice. Even if I never gave Gaia a cent, I could still log on and dress up my avi every day. Would I have the same items I have now, probably not. But this site is NOT "for pay"

"Roleplays"
I'm not an RPer, but last time I checked the RP forums were still there. I'm sorry if you can't find something to your liking, but it's not like Gaia has taken it away.

"Items you could quest for with obtainable goals since every post gave you gold you posted more!"
It's true, it's almost impossible to quest for items these days, but you still get gold for posting, that hasn't changed. And honestly, posting has never been a great way to quest for a high-end item. You have never gotten a lot of gold that way.

Again, I'm not trying to say that Gaia is wonderful these days.. I hate a lot of what it's become. But when you make really exaggerated claims, you make it seem like you don't have legit things to complain about. You're only hurting yourself.

Damnatus's Wife

Chatty Gekko

While I agree that Gaia is in quite a state right now, but honestly the OP just sounds like you're spewing out random facts that sound scary or shocking.

Roleplay isn't dead for one. I can attest to THAT as a regular roleplayer. Barton Town is still PACKED with stuff, Commerce, etc. lots of folks RP in guilds, but just cause we're condensed to our own little corner of the site rather than spread out needlessly across the entirety of the forums means nothing.
Walmart Sponsor
What we have now:

No role-plays just PMs

*points at siggy and pouts*

Tasty Marshmallow

43,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Buggin' 500
  • Fusion Master 1000
Role Playing, is the second highest tagged guild category, in Gaia.
I've noticed far more, RP going on, than there was back a few years ago.

I remember when everyone lost their shite, when Gaia put on the best April Fool's day joke.
OmniDrink.

This just reminds me of this.

WraithDeer's Pardner

Saint Elder

I remember gaia when it first started, you got barely enough gold to get items from the gold shops. Monthly collectibles were 5k because it took weeks go get that much. The first event they hosted crashed the site every five minutes and it made getting the items nearly impossible. I remember waiting months for a new item release, and when we did it was rather small.

Right now we have a site that rarely goes down and if it does we get messages everywhere that they will fix it. Items up the wazzoo, and most of all the site seems stable. Yes things seem bad but please do not glamorize old gaia.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff