Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Gold Generator Item would you like to see next? (Sorry they are in pairs - there aren't enough options for single lists.)

Little Piggy Bank / Wish On A Fish 0.17441860465116 17.4% [ 15 ]
Golden Watermelon / Candy Cravings 0.058139534883721 5.8% [ 5 ]
Candy Pop Surprise / Shoot For The Stars 0.11627906976744 11.6% [ 10 ]
Blind Blast / Cute Little Stuffed Purse 0.058139534883721 5.8% [ 5 ]
Make It Rain / Divinity's Reach 0.16279069767442 16.3% [ 14 ]
Gold Bars / Coin Flip 0.13953488372093 14.0% [ 12 ]
Pick A Card / Global Kitty Awards 0.069767441860465 7.0% [ 6 ]
G-Box 0.046511627906977 4.7% [ 4 ]
OTHER GOLD GEN (Not Listed) 0.17441860465116 17.4% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 86 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 > >>

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

User Image

And surprisingly, that something isn't to tell you to shove them where the sun doesn't shine!

Admittedly, Gold Generators aren't released as frequently as they once were. Which is great! But what happens when the Gold Generators disappear? The icons that took artists time and money to make serve no purpose.

My idea in the long and short is: Make these icons equippable.
Let me show you what I mean:

Icecream Scoop: ACHIEVED! (Click thumbnail for MP link)
User Image
User Image User Image User Image

Happy Bee: ACHIEVED! (Click thumbnail for MP link)
User Image
EXTRA! Bee March!

Little Piggy Bank:
User Image

Wish on a Fish:
User Image

Golden Watermelon:
User Image

Candy Cravings:
User Image

Candy Pop Surprise:
User Image

Shoot for the Stars:
User Image

Bling Blast:
User Image

Cute Little Stuffed Purse:
User Image

Make it Rain:
User Image

Divinity's Reach:
User Image

Gold Bars:
User Image

Coin Flip:
User Image

Pick a Card:
User Image

Global Kitty Awards:
User Image

G-Box:
User Image

You already have icons ready from when you make Gold Generators, so your artists wouldn't have to start from scratch. You could sell the equippable items, making you a profit, as these items are already there to convert to an item. AND it would make your user-base happy! It's a win-win!

User Image

Ideas from myself and other Gaians on how these items can be released!

Random Freebie Cash Shop Item Bundle Exclusive Item Mini-RIG Item Loyal’s Bazaar Item Gold Shop Item Treehouse Item Alchemy Item GoFusion Item Gold Sink Item Event Item Flynn’s Plunder Item

More details on these ideas:
A Random Freebie
It may not follow a pattern or be relevant to current events, but it’d be a nice thing to wake up to, right?

A Cash Shop Item
Sell the Gold Generator icons as a separate equippable item in La Victoire for 99GC – you’d be making the same amount of money from someone buying a single of the generator itself, and make people happy at the same time!

A Bundle Exclusive Item
Gaia has a tendency to include exclusive items in special bundles. You could make the equip a special item grant for anyone who buys more than a single Gold Generator in one purchase.

A Mini-RIG Item
If you were to make all my examples their own item [I.E. The Happy Bee would be a separate item to the Icecream Scoop], you could contain them all inside a Mini-RIG which could be released in the Cash Shop or [even better] inside Loyal’s Bazaar.

A Loyal’s Bazaar Item
Users [from what I’ve seen] really do like Loyal’s Bazaar. Make them equips releases in the shop; I’m sure it’d bring a smile to a few people’s faces. They could buy an item they like with pure gold, whilst sinking it at the same time.

A Gold Shop Item
Simple – release them in the Gold Shops. A lot of these food-related Gold Generators would fit in nicely in Rina’s shop.

A Treehouse Item
The Treehouse doesn’t seem to get many updates, and Wing Stickers do seem to be harder to come by now, but the Treehouse shop is still a plausible option. At least the shop wouldn’t be sitting there doing...Not very much at all.

An Alchemy Item
Alchemy has been pushed aside with the release of GoFusion, but it is a feature still available and it is a feature still used; there are still items only available through Alchemy crafting.

You could release formula(s) for the Gold Generator items that are Level 1 [meaning everyone can craft them] and only require items from Gold Shops or Games [again, making them accessible for everyone]. The formula(s) could also be released as an event exclusive item!

A GoFusion Item
GoFusion has proven to be pretty popular despite initial reception/expectation. And you update it! Users can come across charms in the Daily Chance and Gold Sink events, but then can also be bought from the Cash Shop.

You could make the Gold Generator items an update for GoFusion, as permanent updates or limited updates. They could also be added upon the start of an event! [I.E. Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.] Charms are easy to come by and won’t drain the system of items like Alchemy has done. However GoFusion doesn’t help sink gold as Alchemy does.

A Gold Sink Item
Recently, there have been a lot of Gold Sinks on the site. Gold Sinks are great – but are even better when the personal reward tiers are worth sinking for. If a user isn’t interested in the personal tiers, they probably won’t sink that much. And if they aren’t interested in the site-wide tiers, they may not sink anything at all.

Recently, rewards for users have been mostly GoFusion charms [which is awesome, don’t get me wrong], but initially, going back to the Beach Party Gold Sink, you gave equippable bugs away as prizes which are in fact game items.

You could release the Gold Generator items as personal reward tiers in your next gold sink! People will sink gold to get the items, which in turn will support the site-wide tiers. And it will be a nice change to GoFusion charms!

An Event Item
For me, events have two types of items: The daily freebie items, and the reward items you receive for doing specific tasks within the event. The Gold generator items could be released through events! Granted, they may not fit the theme of the event, but they could be released alongside actual event items.

A Flynn’s Plunder Item
This is more of a support idea than a means to distribute the item, but you could use Flynn’s Plunder to help put more of the equip items in circulation, and sink gold at the same time.

Previous Poll: (How users want these items to be released)

User Image

User Image

There's good and bad sides to every idea, so here are the advantages and disadvantages of this idea! (Don't worry; there's more advantages.)

Advantages for Gaia [Admins]:
● If these items are sold for Cash, you will make a profit.
● Making items from icons will allow you to bring a profit from Gold Generators in more ways than one.
● Gold Generators won't be completely bad news. (Your users may be more open to them.)
● These icons are already existing.
● It's what people want.
● This idea could be used for quick item ideas, such as tier rewards.
● It will make your users happy! - THIS IS IMPORTANT
● If items are released for free, it will make your users even more super-happy!

Advantages for users:
● New adorable items!
● A wide range of items would be available through the use of Gold Generator icons.
● Gold Generators may not be quite so horrible with an additional cute item.
● Happiness!

Disadvantages [Overall]:
● Items may still take time to make.
● Items will bring no profit if they can be earned for free.
● Users may still be extremely closed to the idea due to it being related to Gold generators.
● They may be a painful reminder for users that Gold Generators exsist.

Advantages for both users and admins greatly outweigh the disadvantages for both.
If you have any other advantages/disadvantages for me to add, let me know!

User Image

Items that were at one time, not equippable. But they were made equippable! (As in, it's possible!)

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I am looking for feedback on this idea. A post such as "I don't like this idea." won't help me to improve it, whereas a post such as "I don't like this idea, because..." will help a lot more!

I ask that you look at this idea with an open mind - please don't disregard it for the fact it is Gold Generator related. I do not support Gold Generators. This proposition is not intended to support, bring about the use of, or aid the creation of new Gold generators, but rather to make the bitterness a little bit sweeter for users.

WHAT NOW?
Your idea has seen light. What now?

EXPANSION!
So two of the Gold Gens made it to be items; there's still a whole list of them there! And many many other Gold Gens I haven't made examples for yet.

And with the creation of these new items comes recolors! For example, I made the Icecream Scoop 3 different flavours - we only got 1. And, they were not equippable for Paws. Conversion in the future perhaps?

And, different types of items.
People have mentioned in this thread that not only would they like to be able to hold Gold Generators, but other items. Such as bundles from the Cash Shop. Philosopher's Caches, and the items inside of them. Flowers, Bugs, Fish, you name it. So it doesn't just stop at Gold Generators!

Updates:
26/02/2015 (26th FEB): Gaia has acknowledged the idea! See Happy Buzzing Bee and Delicious Icecream Scoop. (Gate Of Olympus RIG)
07/03/2015 (7th MAR): Bee March has been released! You can buy the formula from The Bifrost!
18/03/2015 (18th MAR): Old poll removed, new added.

Intellectual Sex Symbol

Yes Yes 1,000,000,000,000 yes

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

Jekkceo

Haha I'm glad you like the idea! c:

Intellectual Sex Symbol

HM04
Jekkceo

Haha I'm glad you like the idea! c:
Well yah it is a great idea I love it

Bloodthirsty Pie-Maker

This idea seems pretty good, I love it.

At least we get something usefull out of the worthless pile of countless gold generators and maybe, possibly some love for them, god forbid my sinful words. emotion_0A0

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Well it's a nice idea 3nodding

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

Free Killz

The stepfather of lies

I'm really glad to see you like it! <3

Conservative Millionaire

That's... actually a really good idea. 11/10 3nodding
I feel like with all the inflation the gens would end up being worth more as items than their max payout is though. I guess that wouldn't be a problem if the equippables were a separate item from the gens themselves though. sweatdrop

Eternal Phantom

You know, there are a lot of items I wish are wearable, but just aren't. Fishing rods are one example, especially the Angelic Rod. I think if someone took the time to get that rod, they should be able to show it off to everyone by equipping it.

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

DiniVulfenn

I'm glad you like the idea!
Yeah I imagine the item would be seperate from the generator, but if Gaia were to follow through on my idea I imagine they'd employ a marketing technique that would require you to buy the generator if you wanted the item.

Avalica

Yeah! There's so many game/alchemy/non-equip items I'd love to wear! They've started to turn bugs into wearable items, I only hope they do the same for other types of items.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
I would love that little ice cream cone!

Feral Bookworm

7,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
I would so love to have a golden piggy~

MRLucas Lee's Princess

Cosmic Animal

KittieCupcakes

So would I! c: And piggies!

Everyday Cat

Not only this is an awesome idea, but your recolor skills are a lot better than some of the stuff we've seen produced by Gaia as of late.

I'd love a holdable Cephalopodian Artifact. emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces