Welcome to Gaia! ::

Santiago-kun's Girlfriend

Edgiest Sweetheart

51,940 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
I typed in manually twice yet it didn't work. Is it because it only applies with the phones?
"Token was invalid. Plese try again."

Dangerous Bloodsucker

19,050 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
so if you have a token generating a code. will you be able to use that with 1 gaia account or can you use it with all your gaia accounts?

ex: 1 iphone creates a code used for 10 gaia accounts.

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Are you supposed to have to put in a verification code every single time you log in on the same device/computer?

I keep getting logged out every few minutes now.

Mewling Kitten

21,900 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
my validation key code isn't going through to my email....

Also- since i have to use a Gmail account for the app- am i still able use it as my gaia account is a hotmail? i fear this may be the problem........

Tipsy Loiterer

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I have a long password that is tedious to type out, and when I sign in, i have to put my username, password, hit sign in, THEN it takes me to the authenticator page where I have to put in my username again, put in my long a** password Again.. and then put in the authenticator. I just tried to go to www.gaiaonline.com/auth/login/ which is what it takes me to after I enter my username and password the first time.

So basically I don't get why I have to put my username and password twice. I wouldn't mind If I could go directly to the authenticator page to begin with, or after I put my username and password it asked me JUST for the authenticator code. Please Please please... If it doesn't get fixed I might just remove the authenticator. It's a pain to type a 10-20 character password twice every single time I want to log in.
stressed
I dislike this because I have to remember the code every time! But when I go back to he app, it changes codes so do I have different ones? I am confused!
I want to take it off my account though....
baudelaire22
stressed
I dislike this because I have to remember the code every time! But when I go back to he app, it changes codes so do I have different ones? I am confused!

You can disable it from the same page you enabled it. You should be able to enter in the previous token as long as the number doesn't change twice.
edy
baudelaire22
stressed

You can disable it from the same page you enabled it. You should be able to enter in the previous token as long as the number doesn't change twice.

Okay thanks!
MizLy
I have a long password that is tedious to type out, and when I sign in, i have to put my username, password, hit sign in, THEN it takes me to the authenticator page where I have to put in my username again, put in my long a** password Again.. and then put in the authenticator. I just tried to go to www.gaiaonline.com/auth/login/ which is what it takes me to after I enter my username and password the first time.

So basically I don't get why I have to put my username and password twice. I wouldn't mind If I could go directly to the authenticator page to begin with, or after I put my username and password it asked me JUST for the authenticator code. Please Please please... If it doesn't get fixed I might just remove the authenticator. It's a pain to type a 10-20 character password twice every single time I want to log in.

You can go directly to the login page:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/auth/login/

And you should have the authentication code field displayed when you get there, unless you've cleared your cookies.

Tipsy Loiterer

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
edy
MizLy

And you should have the authentication code field displayed when you get there, unless you've cleared your cookies.

I was pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work. I shall try again, and let you know.
Edit: When I logged out and went to the page it just had the username and password fields.
I'm pretty sure I have cookies enabled though.
EditEdit: I just tried using other browsers (i've tried firefox, opera, and chrome) And it doesn't work on any of them, and this was after I logged in, and then logged back out, and on Opera I allow cookies from the website I visit only, so unless the cookie isn't from gaia itself then I don't see any reason for it not to be working, but it didn't work on any of them.
Vexous
my validation key code isn't going through to my email....

Also- since i have to use a Gmail account for the app- am i still able use it as my gaia account is a hotmail? i fear this may be the problem........

Check your spam filters.

Using the Google Authenticator doesn't require any email changes. It's only used to store your account information (username@gaiaonline), and the code which generates the token.
vampiroz
so if you have a token generating a code. will you be able to use that with 1 gaia account or can you use it with all your gaia accounts?

ex: 1 iphone creates a code used for 10 gaia accounts.

The token works only with the account it was enabled. If you have more than one account, each one will have to be enabled.

The account information stored on your phone is displayed as username@gaiaonline, so you'd be able to tell which account the token you're viewing applies to.
MizLy
edy
MizLy

I was pretty sure I tried that and it didn't work. I shall try again, and let you know.
Edit: When I logged out and went to the page it just had the username and password fields.
EditEdit: I just tried using other browsers (i've tried firefox, opera, and chrome) And it doesn't work on any of them, and this was after I logged in, and then logged back out, and on Opera I allow cookies from the website I visit only, so unless the cookie isn't from gaia itself then I don't see any reason for it not to be working, but it didn't work on any of them.

I just checked, and the cookie is only set on the browser you used to enable it. I'll make it so that the cookie is set every time you login for accounts where the secondary token is required. Should be out later this week.

I wanted to put that field in the tabs version of login, but unfortunately, we use a graphic there. Can't add more things there without the designers having to redo those images.

Tipsy Loiterer

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
edy
MizLy
edy
MizLy

I just checked, and the cookie is only set on the browser you used to enable it. I'll make it so that the cookie is set every time you login for accounts where the secondary token is required. Should be out later this week.

I wanted to put that field in the tabs version of login, but unfortunately, we use a graphic there. Can't add more things there without the designers having to redo those images.

Ah.. I see... sweatdrop Doesn't seem like it would be that complicated, so long as they still have the original image... But then I don't really know much about all the technical stuff. But I guess it would take away from the time that they could be doing something else with. Lol. Anyways thanks for the help. Although I'd think one of my 3 browsers would have been the one I enabled it on.. Oh But I may have cleared it since then... Oh well... It's not there now. Although I thought after I'd used it the first time I'd tried doing that and it said I didn't have permission or something. Thanks for the help though ^-^

Dangerous Seeker

edy

I have a problem with my other account "I-Prince Musikuu-l" please help me right away sad
I had secondary auth in that account and it worked properly at first, then now when I was logging in with the auth token, I AM CLEARLY TYPING THE EXACT 6 DIGIT CODES ON TIME but it always says INVALID auth token! D:<
and now I removed my current email in the app but I forgot the email I used on I-Prince Musikuu-l and I dunno how to remove the useless auth token without logging in my account. Please help me right away I'm getting worried that I won't be able to get my account back... For further proof that it's my account, check the trade history of this account that WAS my main account before. I'm getting pissed of by that google authenticator and it should work properly not having those bugs that the auth code was invalid even though I've tried A LOT OF TIMES. I am quite an impatient person to be skipped on this part because it's your responsibility to fix this issue... Atleast give me the email address that I used on I-Prince Musikuu-l to recover it and re-enter it on the google authenticator app on my iphone and it might work again properly I HOPE... evil burning_eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff