Mewling Lover

6,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Cool Cat 500
HighClass Badass
Phovos
Sand Dancer Shaka
If they release one where a portion of money goes to that charity then, yes! Awesome, let's do that 3nodding

This is a fine idea, but only if a decent amount goes to charity.

..Any amount is better than 0$

yes i agree totaly but unforntantly not everybody supports the same chairty on here and we would have heated debates sad

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
Celestial Yuna Angel
HighClass Badass
Phovos
Sand Dancer Shaka
If they release one where a portion of money goes to that charity then, yes! Awesome, let's do that 3nodding

yes i agree totaly but unforntantly not everybody supports the same chairty on here and we would have heated debates sad

Yeah, that happens literally every single time Gaia does a charity anything

"You aren't donating enough!"

}"YOU'RE DOING THIS FOR A TAX RIGHT OFF!"

"Omg you're only donating %?! GREEDY SWINE!
"Your employees are donating out of a office pool and BUYING the items instead of donating money? GREEDY YOU SHOULD GIVE MORE"

Always a mess, not worth it.

nightshada's Wife

Mewling Lover

6,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Cool Cat 500
HighClass Badass
Celestial Yuna Angel
HighClass Badass
Phovos
Sand Dancer Shaka

Yeah, that happens literally every single time Gaia does a charity anything

"You aren't donating enough!"

}"YOU'RE DOING THIS FOR A TAX RIGHT OFF!"

"Omg you're only donating %?! GREEDY SWINE!
"Your employees are donating out of a office pool and BUYING the items instead of donating money? GREEDY YOU SHOULD GIVE MORE"

Always a mess, not worth it.

yea so as cool as it would be, the safe bet is just to make it a Gold (free item) sad

Sugary Cat

No.Because why? I am waiting for the replies why not?" lol . Seriously why? Gaia should get rid of all of those flags and release items people actually want.

Stone-cold Loiterer

MiameMiame
No.Because why? I am waiting for the replies why not?" lol . Seriously why? Gaia should get rid of all of those flags and release items people actually want.

Why? Because she wants an item like that. That's reason enough to suggest it.

Getting rid of the flags would cause an even bigger uproar,
A lot of people actually do want them, but I think you already know that.
You don't have to go very far before you see someone wearing a flag, so I don't know what you're trying to say unless it's "Gaia should get rid of all of those flags and release items I actually want."

If you want a specific item, ask for it like OP did.

nightshada's Wife

Mewling Lover

6,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Cool Cat 500
MiameMiame

it would be easyer to get rid of the flags but then ppl would get mad and harress gaia, or there would be the ppl that r ok with them getting rid of the flags but idk if they would listen to the ppl not bashing them sad

nightshada's Wife

Mewling Lover

6,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Pegasaurus Rex
MiameMiame

You don't have to go very far before you see someone wearing a flag, so I don't know what you're trying to say unless it's "Gaia should get rid of all of those flags and release items I actually want."

yea i think even if ppl want the flags gone, other ppl would be upset, so its hard to settle it peacefully, but i guess i thought the ribbons would show something u care deeply about and it would be nice to show it.

Sugary Cat

Pegasaurus Rex
MiameMiame

I would like an item that expresses my lack of care about a certain illness, strangers their perceived gender and strangers their sexuality. Gaia shouldn't have released those flags, they are bulky and ugly and they contradict the notion of "wanting to be treated like everyone else".

Yeah I want to be treated like everyone else. But I also want a flag to show others that I am +*+*+*+*~Special~+*+*+*.

Honestly, why though. Because she wants to? I lost both my grandparents to lung-cancer and my aunt suffered with breast-cancer. So it's not like I am oblivious to the fact that people get sick.

nightshada's Wife

Mewling Lover

6,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Cool Cat 500
MiameMiame
Pegasaurus Rex
MiameMiame

I would like an item that expresses my lack of care about a certain illness, strangers their perceived gender and strangers their sexuality. Gaia shouldn't have released those flags, they are bulky and ugly and they contradict the notion of "wanting to be treated like everyone else".

Yeah I want to be treated like everyone else. But I also want a flag to show others that I am +*+*+*+*~Special~+*+*+*.

Honestly, why though. Because she wants to? I lost both my grandparents to lung-cancer and my aunt suffered with breast-cancer. So it's not like I am oblivious to the fact that people get sick.

i no i wont get everybody to agree with me, its just thought it would be cool to show u support them while they fight through thei illness/disorder

Stone-cold Loiterer

MiameMiame

I don't think Gaia goes with the "lack of care" thing for the same reason Facebook doesn't have a dislike button.
Gaia opened a huge can of worms by releasing those flags, but they can't back-pedal it away. The worst thing they could do is take the flags back.

It's a touchy subject. Some people like to show how they're different and some don't. Right now it feels like people will segregate themselves in anyway they can just to be different (beyond sexuality), and I don't know what the deal is. Some people are just like that.

Yes, because she wants to. It's the same as someone saying "I want a Naruto item!". They want it because they want it, though she did give a few more reasons other than "just because". She wants it for her, not for everyone else. Someone made an item with a ticket to commemorate someone who had passed on because they wanted it, and some people get support or comfort from that kind of thing.

People have asked for ribbons before, just like people asked for LGBT+ related items. Gaia will probably get to it sometime and open up another can of worms. They love to do that.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
As a person who suffers from pretty bad anxiety as well as sever depression and OCD, I wouldn't mind Gaia spreading awareness for those kinds of things that you listed.

But I can also see why it wouldn't be a very good thing for Gaia to do. A lot of people get on Gaia to distract themselves from whats going on in their lives. Such as to take their minds of their fight or someone else s fight against cancer, depression, eating disorders ect. Seeing things like the ribbons could just upset them and remind them about what they or their loved ones are going through.

I would like it if Gaia were to post a link or something to sites that spread awareness or links sites that can help those who suffer from things get support.

nightshada's Wife

Mewling Lover

6,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Pegasaurus Rex
MiameMiame

I don't think Gaia goes with the "lack of care" thing for the same reason Facebook doesn't have a dislike button.
Gaia opened a huge can of worms by releasing those flags, but they can't back-pedal it away. The worst thing they could do is take the flags back.

It's a touchy subject. Some people like to show how they're different and some don't. Right now it feels like people will segregate themselves in anyway they can just to be different (beyond sexuality), and I don't know what the deal is. Some people are just like that.

Yes, because she wants to. It's the same as someone saying "I want a Naruto item!". They want it because they want it, though she did give a few more reasons other than "just because". She wants it for her, not for everyone else. Someone made an item with a ticket to commemorate someone who had passed on because they wanted it, and some people get support or comfort from that kind of thing.

People have asked for ribbons before, just like people asked for LGBT+ related items. Gaia will probably get to it sometime and open up another can of worms. They love to do that.

thank you...i guess im trying to say the right thing without making ppl mad...
I had wanted to have a ribbon for apathy, but the irony will make my head explode.

Stone-cold Loiterer

Celestial Yuna Angel

thank you...i guess im trying to say the right thing without making ppl mad...

People are always gonna have their opinion, but that doesn't mean yours is worth any less. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff