LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Pie
And how about...

- Forest Green and Pink?
- Light Blue and Olive Green?
- Sage Green and Tan?
- Purple and Chocolate Brown?
- Sea Green and Coral? Seems to be a wedding favorite.
- Dark Cherry Red and Matcha?

And of course, my favorite:

- Plum Purple and Jade Green?

I decided I wanted to make more quick-and-dirty gradient palettes to demonstrate, since visuals work best for colors.

- Forest Green and Pink
User Image

- Light Blue and Olive Green
User Image

- Sage Green and Tan
User Image

- Purple and Chocolate Brown
User Image

- Sea Green and Coral (come on Gaia you love mint)
User Image

- Dark Cherry Red and Matcha
User Image

- Plum Purple and Jade Green
User Image

Kenji Tiger's Spouse

Devoted Cleric

25,625 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
One word on color TEAL!

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

13,550 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Hero 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Soulbane
One word on color TEAL!

Dark Teal. Brisk Stroll Teal. A moratorium on light teal for a period of at least one week.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Getting kinda sick of items labeled 'Kaleidoscope' coming out with all the colors of the Gaia rainbow... red, blue, brown, beige, gold, and -- of course -- monochrome!

Well, there's one purple item, and one that has the tiniest bits of green, so that's sort of nice... I guess. Nothing like the rainbow they put on the actual item icon, though. emotion_8c

Party Gaian

20,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
i would die for more oranges, i swear gonk
and more greens. better and brighter greens smile im loving the middle of your spectrum OP.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Okay, I take it back on the Kaleidoscope item... slightly. The user-made Beyond Tangerine is great (though I'm not sure I would've used black as the second color but whatever it works), and thank god for more purple recolors being found.

Stiiiiill pretty much no green, though.

Juniper Mead's Husband

I'm tired of the pinks, reds, creams, and navy as well. Achromatic recolors are a given, even though greys are never touched, and neutral browns are all well and dandy, but there's a lot more than just cream and the other, poopy brown.

But those are the colors that are commonly used, whether or not because a lot of people choose to of their own will, or because Gaia has churned out so many that it's easier to create avatars with those colors out of aesthetic's sake--in other words, because the supply is greatly there and self-imposed.

Oranges, lighter shades of purple, steely or greyish blue (edit and cobalt?), yellows, teals, greys, and any green are not common colors. I wish to see more of those. They'll have to get creative and abundant with their recolors though, and that will be to the chagrin of people who like to get hypertension over TOO MANY RECOLORS, DON'T BUY ANY MORE GC, THE ECONOMY, CORRUPT BUSINESS, HOW DARE WITH ANNOUNCEMENTS.

Now, if only they made new items that starred these colors. That would be fantastic. No more monochrome avatars of red, pink, black, and white who win 10/10 for color redundancy in Rate the Avatar Above You threads. I want something fresh, and you know what? What's to get a little more daring and get in some strange color harmonies, or even more gradients? I think that would be very nice.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Corps Cadere
...steely or greyish blue (cobalt?)...

Cobalt blue is pretty vivid, I thought? I would use 'periwinkle' to describe the shade, but that usually goes pretty pastel...

Slate Blue?

Juniper Mead's Husband

Pie
Corps Cadere
...steely or greyish blue (cobalt?)...

Cobalt blue is pretty vivid, I thought? I would use 'periwinkle' to describe the shade, but that usually goes pretty pastel...

Slate Blue?

I didn't phrase that properly, my apologies. You're correct that cobalt is very intense. I meant "(and cobalt?)" as in, "and is cobalt also underused?" but that was poor sentence structure on my part.

And yes, slate blue, steel blue, "grey-blue", etc, I would group them all the same.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
We havent had a good forest green item...ever on Gaia.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

dreamsk

I decided to check my inventory, just for kicks, and... crap, you may be right. We had the Dashing Gentleman's Forest Trousers and Coat, but those are actually more olive, IMO. The closest matches I could find in my inventory:

- Stylish Ochre Winter Coat, which is still a little more blue-grey, and... I dunno, I like the shoulders to be a little broad, but christ those are football player shoulders if I ever saw 'em.

- Green Field Cap and Green Pencil Wrap Skirt, both of which lean a little more light/olive than a good forest should be...

- Most surprising? Cool Starter Urban Girl Pants. It'd be perfect if not for the weird bright stitching on the side.

There might be better items that I don't own, but... christ, it's forest green, it shouldn't be this hard to find good ones? So many of Gaia's green items are a darker blue-green or a bright emerald green... or, well, mint.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
Pie
dreamsk

I decided to check my inventory, just for kicks, and... crap, you may be right. We had the Dashing Gentleman's Forest Trousers and Coat, but those are actually more olive, IMO. The closest matches I could find in my inventory:

- Stylish Ochre Winter Coat, which is still a little more blue-grey, and... I dunno, I like the shoulders to be a little broad, but christ those are football player shoulders if I ever saw 'em.

- Green Field Cap and Green Pencil Wrap Skirt, both of which lean a little more light/olive than a good forest should be...

- Most surprising? Cool Starter Urban Girl Pants. It'd be perfect if not for the weird bright stitching on the side.

There might be better items that I don't own, but... christ, it's forest green, it shouldn't be this hard to find good ones? So many of Gaia's green items are a darker blue-green or a bright emerald green... or, well, mint.
A good portion of the background items are green, but they're weird plastic/light/yellow shades of green. sweatdrop

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

dreamsk
Pie
dreamsk

A good portion of the background items are green, but they're weird plastic/light/yellow shades of green. sweatdrop

Don't get me started on plastic colors. I've been bitching about Gaia's Gold Shop hairstyles for years because of the plastic-y colors and shading for green and purple and such. When they implemented these standarized colors, it was the death of hairstyles using this more organic-looking red-violet shade of purple.

Worse is when I encounter a user who would rather see the old hairstyles remade in the new colors than bring back the old variety. neutral

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
Pie
dreamsk
Pie
dreamsk

Don't get me started on plastic colors. I've been bitching about Gaia's Gold Shop hairstyles for years because of the plastic-y colors and shading for green and purple and such. When they implemented these standarized colors, it was the death of hairstyles using this more organic-looking red-violet shade of purple.

Worse is when I encounter a user who would rather see the old hairstyles remade in the new colors than bring back the old variety. neutral
I've been complaining about the red hair styles in particular for years too. It's not even red, it's like some sort of weird magenta with spray on highlights. emotion_drool At least they've done better with recent blacks. I half think it's a ploy to buy cs hairs with vivid colors.

I was pissed at that thread too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces