Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Genius

12,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Healer 50
  • Nerd 50
Add a refresh button. I'm tired of hitting pages unitl I hope the app refreshes to current news.

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Legal heart

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I have noticed every time I make a post from my iPhone, for some reason apostrophes never show up. I am a grammar psycho, so when I go and review threads I've posted in later using my computer, and I notice that it says things like "Im" instead of "I'm".. and it even will have the capital so I -know- it did a little auto-correct since I'm starting to get lazy on my phone typing and use the auto-correct's function... but the apostrophes are not there.

Please dear god fix that. I keep going back and editing the posts I make so it has it right, and it's actually discouraging me from wanting to make more posts using the app.

edit:
Just saw that Byte Bandit on the previous page of this thread said something similar, but with less explanation...

And I'd like to throw in my support for guilds being available from the app. Sure I can get notifications about it, but I would like to be able to view, and it's just another sub forum, so I don't think it should be super hard...

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
You can get to subforums -- when you get to the list (i.e., after clicking Gaia Community), just click on the arrow to the right of "Lifestyle Discussion."

devilish tenshi
[01/17/12]: Added a new suggestion! #6.

[12/21/11]: Thank you for the update that allows us to use the cash shop!

First off thank you for breathing some life into this once very useless app. Until the recent update this app was collecting digital dust on my phone. I of course have some suggestions for further improvement.

1.) GUILDS: This will be the most difficult change I imagine. Bring guilds to the app!! I love that forums are now on the app but I spend 80% of the time in my guild. I'd love to have a simple/faster loading way to spend time there.

2.) SKIP PAGES: This goes for the marketplace (selling) & equip screens on the app. Both of these are great features to have for small inventories... mine is NOT small. It would take at least 15 minutes for me to skip to the last page to sell something on the marketplace =/ Can we have a way to jump to another page? So if there is 10 pages we can choose to see page 8 and not go through 2-7. Simple enough concept?

3.) Buy Gaia Cash via App: This was suggested in the thread and its not a bad idea. [can anyone tell me how the update works in regards to HOW you are charged for the GC?]

4.) A back button in the forums!: This is an issue I've been having while using the forum section of the app. I go to browse a forum... lets say SF. Each page has fewer threads than the normal forum would. So you need to go to page 2 much sooner. When I'm done reading a thread I need to then go all the way back to the main forum instead of back to page 3. Can we just get a back button so I can go right back to page ___ ?

GOT IT! 5.) Have forum notifications linked! I got a notification on the app saying I had replies to one of my threads. I couldn't click that notification to get to said thread. Can we get a link for convinence?

6.) Let us view subforums! So I was browsing Gaia in my bed with the app last night. I decided to peak into the Life Issues forum. But guess what? I couldn't. I went into the Lifestyles forum and couldn't get into any of the subforums there. That was unexpected :/

-More coming soon-

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Panagrammic
You can get to subforums -- when you get to the list (i.e., after clicking Gaia Community), just click on the arrow to the right of "Lifestyle Discussion."

devilish tenshi
[01/17/12]: Added a new suggestion! #6.

[12/21/11]: Thank you for the update that allows us to use the cash shop!

First off thank you for breathing some life into this once very useless app. Until the recent update this app was collecting digital dust on my phone. I of course have some suggestions for further improvement.

1.) GUILDS: This will be the most difficult change I imagine. Bring guilds to the app!! I love that forums are now on the app but I spend 80% of the time in my guild. I'd love to have a simple/faster loading way to spend time there.

2.) SKIP PAGES: This goes for the marketplace (selling) & equip screens on the app. Both of these are great features to have for small inventories... mine is NOT small. It would take at least 15 minutes for me to skip to the last page to sell something on the marketplace =/ Can we have a way to jump to another page? So if there is 10 pages we can choose to see page 8 and not go through 2-7. Simple enough concept?

3.) Buy Gaia Cash via App: This was suggested in the thread and its not a bad idea. [can anyone tell me how the update works in regards to HOW you are charged for the GC?]

4.) A back button in the forums!: This is an issue I've been having while using the forum section of the app. I go to browse a forum... lets say SF. Each page has fewer threads than the normal forum would. So you need to go to page 2 much sooner. When I'm done reading a thread I need to then go all the way back to the main forum instead of back to page 3. Can we just get a back button so I can go right back to page ___ ?

GOT IT! 5.) Have forum notifications linked! I got a notification on the app saying I had replies to one of my threads. I couldn't click that notification to get to said thread. Can we get a link for convinence?

6.) Let us view subforums! So I was browsing Gaia in my bed with the app last night. I decided to peak into the Life Issues forum. But guess what? I couldn't. I went into the Lifestyles forum and couldn't get into any of the subforums there. That was unexpected :/

-More coming soon-

smile Thanks for that

-_-; I feel dumb. But at least thats something to cross off the list *will edit OP later*

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
legal heart
What would be completely amazing is if I could go to towns and rally. That'd probably be a long way away technology wise, not sure.

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Vabbi
What would be completely amazing is if I could go to towns and rally. That'd probably be a long way away technology wise, not sure.

That would be cool but like you said... I wouldn't put faith into that happening anytime soon or if at all.
devilish tenshi
Vabbi

That would be cool but like you said... I wouldn't put faith into that happening anytime soon or if at all.

Yeah, kinda stinks not being able to rally with my friends.

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
legal heart

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
iPhones are unfortunately not too friendly with the flash -- and rewriting the entire towns client for the iPhone is probably out of scope, unfortuantely.

Vabbi
Panagrammic
iPhones are unfortunately not too friendly with the flash -- and rewriting the entire towns client for the iPhone is probably out of scope, unfortuantely.

Vabbi

I'm sure some day they'll make them flash friendly. I mean it seems like new phones are poped out every few weeks.
Wasn't thinking it'd be too out of scope since I can get to the selection menu for rally (Bypass, Hairpin, & Speedway) but I never get past that. Probably would be a lot of work though, I just couldn't resist putting the idea out there.

Chloride's Husband

Beloved Elder

I'd like to have Dev Notices sent to my phone, too. 3nodding

Original Hoarder

13,350 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Healer 50
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
sodium
I'd like to have Dev Notices sent to my phone, too. 3nodding

YES! That would be wonderful!

Witty Lunatic

12,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I'd like to add(and this has been bugging me for a while) that we get adds removed for our account, if you buy cash shop items through the app, that are 2.99+. Just like through the site.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff