Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Angel

34,125 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
  • Pie For All! 300
I'm on level 4 right now, and I'm trying to make Cupcake Confections. Each one requires TEN Gigantous Strawberry Sticks. And that's 5.5k tickets for each stick. That's 55k tickets for one Cupcake Confection. Now, I could buy the tickets and be done with it, but I'd be taking a big hit considering I had to buy the other components. So the economic option would be to get the tickets by myself. That means grinding Blackjack and Tiles. So I need a total of 550k tickets to get to level 5, on top of having to buy all of the other components. I can work for it, but it's going to take me a very long time to grind for tickets and I couldn't see any other way to get to level 5 at the time I bought the components and formulas.

tl;dr it would make my life easier if there were less sticks required to make cupcake confections.

Devoted Healer

Sasune
I'm on level 4 right now, and I'm trying to make Cupcake Confections. Each one requires TEN Gigantous Strawberry Sticks. And that's 5.5k tickets for each stick. That's 55k tickets for one Cupcake Confection. Now, I could buy the tickets and be done with it, but I'd be taking a big hit considering I had to buy the other components. So the economic option would be to get the tickets by myself. That means grinding Blackjack and Tiles. So I need a total of 550k tickets to get to level 5, on top of having to buy all of the other components. I can work for it, but it's going to take me a very long time to grind for tickets and I couldn't see any other way to get to level 5 at the time I bought the components and formulas.

tl;dr it would make my life easier if there were less sticks required to make cupcake confections.

Reading this made me think of something else too... even after getting all those components and paying the required gold amount to make the formula you may or may not even get the item depending on the chance of success.

Sweet Bunny

13,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
shezeu

Reading this made me think of something else too... even after getting all those components and paying the required gold amount to make the formula you may or may not even get the item depending on the chance of success.

yum_icecreampie

I want to kick whoever decided adding a random chance element to the already insane circus that is alchemy was a good idea.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Sasune

That is exactly the problem, they put things into the formulas that are just pure insanity. Ten of those pocky sticks? Why not five or even two? Why couldn't there be less of that item instead of forcing people to dump out their pockets of gold and go broke?

I find it sad that it costs LESS GOLD to just buy an item outright than it is to craft it in alchemy. It's suppose to be an easier inexpensive alternative, not an expensive one imho.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Petite Honey
shezeu

yum_icecreampie

I want to kick whoever decided adding a random chance element to the already insane circus that is alchemy was a good idea.

Adding that random element was supposed to be a gold sink, but it is a fail at being a gold sink because NO ONE WANTS TO CRAFT.
Isabeau Abyss
Bidblast was supposed to address some of the rare items but it's pretty much a failure in that regard. I really wish they would wake up and see that they need less convoluted ways to re-release rare ingredients.
For the amount of energy, time and yes money the wings require I'll just get an extra job and buy myself a new car in the same time frame.

I don't know why they thought Bidblast would help. They release ONE item, maybe every few weeks. That's not nearly enough.

Sweet Bunny

13,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Celeste Starfyre

Adding that random element was supposed to be a gold sink, but it is a fail at being a gold sink because NO ONE WANTS TO CRAFT.

yum_icecreampie

But alchemy already was a gold sink wasn't it? What with buying multiple RIG items, gold shop items ((rarely)), and random crap that's useless anywhere else BUT alchemy. Spending so much gold on items and THEN getting that kick in the nuts "lol sorry your alchemy failed try again" seems like cruelty on top of cruelty to me XP

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Petite Honey
Celeste Starfyre

yum_icecreampie

But alchemy already was a gold sink wasn't it? What with buying multiple RIG items, gold shop items ((rarely)), and random crap that's useless anywhere else BUT alchemy. Spending so much gold on items and THEN getting that kick in the nuts "lol sorry your alchemy failed try again" seems like cruelty on top of cruelty to me XP

Since you rarely have to buy GS items it is not a gold sink. The purpose of a gold sink is to eliminate gold in the general populace. Gold Shops are a gold sink as their only purpose is to take said person's gold and erase it from the economy. When it comes to alchemy in whole, it is not a gold sink. The only gold that disappears is the gold that is used as a crafting cost. Everything else is either bought with cash or bought in the MP [Or it is made i.e. caches and cases which still are sold in MP]. When you buy with cash or from MP you are keeping gold within the economy because you did not pay for that RIG item with gold, you paid with cash and when you sold it someone else gave you gold, thus, there was no elimination of gold from the economy. The MP is basically a way to keep money circulating within the economy where users use their own gold to purchase items from other users, which does not eliminate gold.

I only know the very basics, so I may be wrong on some points in this post, however, as a whole alchemy is not a gold sink since it is not taking gold out of the economy.

Aekea Explorer

12,950 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Honestly, my only problem is that many of the components I want to use are expensive as hell.

Why should most alchemy components cost somethin around 200,000,000 gold? Those aren't even level 10 components, they are for level 2 recipies.

And why should some of them be so rare?

Why can't they just sell more components in the stores, at fair prices??

I honestly thought Alchemy was going to be fun, but now I find it to be a damn gold sink! It's not fair that only a select few can get to level 10 and above because they have the gold and cash for it. I know I am probably sounding like a spoiled brat, but that's what I am seeing.

Sweet Bunny

13,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Celeste Starfyre

yum_icecreampie

Ah okay then. Thank you for explaining that then. I had just woken up and was still quite out of it.

I still dislike the random element though. Wasn't there someone who kept trying to make one of the star kittens and kept getting fails until the mods took pity on his/her like... 20th attempt?

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Petite Honey
Celeste Starfyre

yum_icecreampie

Ah okay then. Thank you for explaining that then. I had just woken up and was still quite out of it.

I still dislike the random element though. Wasn't there someone who kept trying to make one of the star kittens and kept getting fails until the mods took pity on his/her like... 20th attempt?

Sorry for the late reply, and yes there was a particular user who indeed tried crafting Aurora Kitten Star and it took that user about 20 tries before the devs stepped in and finally made it possible for them. It's outright shameful to see such a thing happen as there is no real reason to make it not only hard to find the items to craft but to actually take many many times to actually CRAFT the said item.

Sweet Bunny

13,350 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
Celeste Starfyre
Petite Honey

Sorry for the late reply, and yes there was a particular user who indeed tried crafting Aurora Kitten Star and it took that user about 20 tries before the devs stepped in and finally made it possible for them. It's outright shameful to see such a thing happen as there is no real reason to make it not only hard to find the items to craft but to actually take many many times to actually CRAFT the said item.

yum_icecreampie

Quite alright, I know people have lives XD
The Aurora kitten also needs all 4 of the other kittens to be made, a level 9 formula, and 50 double rainbow items. http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/charity-quests/aurora-kitten-star-information-thread/t.76030277/?_gaia_t_=3934
As far as I checked each Kitten is in the multi millions and unless they're being re-released in RIGs that means the 20 failed attempts just destroyed 20 of each kitten that people are still questing for. I feel sorry for anybody that wants Jet or Fantasy. There are 0 in the MP for Fantasy and the Jet kitten is 30 million gold at this moment.

((sorry if I'm... incoherent or blabbing. The storm and Nyquil are kind of making me loopy and distracted XP))

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Petite Honey

No no, you're quite coherant to me lol. But yeah, 50 double rainbow is just ludicrous as for amounts to make an item, let alone the amount of kittens you need. That is my point here though, the fact that they have you buy insane amounts of item only to realize it is cheaper to buy it off someone else who has all ready made the damn thing. Like I stated, I want to make pink glittering stockings, but i can't because I do not have the money to just buy all 10 raging night jewels in the MP.

No one should have to come up with these insane requirements, not even the richest on Gaia.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Captain Dory

I liked the idea that we got to choose our own components [albeit from a random cache that we obtain], but yes some of the components are very hard to come by. This is not due to rarity by chance, but rarity because some components require you to make them from other components and even then one of those components needs to be created, etc.

As I have said before though, it's not a gold sink unless you are paying the crafting cost for each recipe. The rest of alchemy itself is not a gold sink it just inflates the MP because of people trying to make more gold by selling things for a higher price just to get by with alchemy [although it does not seem to be inflating the mp too much as of late, at least in my opinion]

But I do feel how you are feeling about getting to lvl 10. Due to the insane requirements that only those who CAN afford it on Gaia, and the fact that half of the items require the most expensive of items, it's hard not to say that sometimes you have to wonder if Gaia is just catering to those who throw money at their site. [This is just a conspiracy theory I have lol]

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
euphie-san
I don't know why they thought Bidblast would help. They release ONE item, maybe every few weeks. That's not nearly enough.

That is nearly not enough to supply the market with more items to help ease the pains of alchemy. It was just some bandage they thought would get us to shut up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff