32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
Rhi Who
im all for beating this horse till
they fix it.
we get really tender hamburger to eat.

Lol. Oh yes, we will have tender tasty meat... or puree horse meat for the old folks with no teeth if we keep beating the poor dead horse... XD

Let us hope some fixes come soon because I am tired of waaaaiiiiiiting.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50

Tipsy Vampire

It really frustrates me that some of the alchemized components are a higher level then the formula you ultimately need the component for. >_<

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Karill
It really frustrates me that some of the alchemized components are a higher level then the formula you ultimately need the component for. >_<

Sorry for not replying, but yes that is also frustrating as well.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50

Fashionable Phantom

Wow I left Gaia almost four years ago, with this account made to remember why I liked being here in the first place, and I come back to something that's both appealing /and/ impossible? How fun. I agree that they need to fix this tbh.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Cocaine Couture
Wow I left Gaia almost four years ago, with this account made to remember why I liked being here in the first place, and I come back to something that's both appealing /and/ impossible? How fun. I agree that they need to fix this tbh.

Yeah, I was here this whole time even when they actually came out with alchemy and I first thought it was going to be fun making new items... until I found out the insane requirements it required to do so emotion_donotwant

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50

Ruthless Shapeshifter

It makes me wonder if Gaia just made the Alchemy system for the sheer exclusiveness of INSANE item quests. Or stuff to throw your RL money on >>; if you're so rich you don't care about it.

I've been through a ton of MMOs with INSANE item requirements for item quests but at least...you know that if you work hard at it you'll eventually get it. FARMING has always been a good way to make things hard to get. Rare drops...but at least you know these things will always drop with a certain Monster/Area.

RIGs tend to go out of circulation after a certain amount of time.
And most of the time people tend to use the items themselves and not for Alchemy use.

I mean if they actually really wanted to have RIG items for Alchemy use they should have a Year Round RIG just for Alchemy shiz for those who actually are interested in just plain Alchemy specialty items.

They can even have crap chances like the usual RIGs but at least the items will always be there...and you won't get stuck looking for components since the current RIG isn't supplying the items needed anymore.

Either that...or seriously....QUEST components that are renewable and sustainable D: that might require effort and time...but not waiting on other people to sell things off.

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
Yorugami

It makes me wonder if Gaia just made the Alchemy system for the sheer exclusiveness of INSANE item quests. Or stuff to throw your RL money on >>; if you're so rich you don't care about it.

I've been through a ton of MMOs with INSANE item requirements for item quests but at least...you know that if you work hard at it you'll eventually get it. FARMING has always been a good way to make things hard to get. Rare drops...but at least you know these things will always drop with a certain Monster/Area.

RIGs tend to go out of circulation after a certain amount of time.
And most of the time people tend to use the items themselves and not for Alchemy use.

I mean if they actually really wanted to have RIG items for Alchemy use they should have a Year Round RIG just for Alchemy shiz for those who actually are interested in just plain Alchemy specialty items.

They can even have crap chances like the usual RIGs but at least the items will always be there...and you won't get stuck looking for components since the current RIG isn't supplying the items needed anymore.

Either that...or seriously....QUEST components that are renewable and sustainable D: that might require effort and time...but not waiting on other people to sell things off.

Exactly, I know that in most MMOs that most items that are super rare to craft require a lot of grinding, but the items are THERE. Yes, they may have a small % drop rate, but they are ALWAYS THERE. They never disappear like RIG items, you can always grind for them, you can always work for said items which makes it rewarding. But as for RIGs here there is not enough supply of said items because people here tend to hoard junk or people buy as many of that item to use for alchemy themselves leaving everyone out in the cold, or as you stated they use the items. This does not make it rewarding due to the fact that you either have to spend RL money to actually get said items or you have to spend millions in the MP to purchase the amount you need.

Thing is, they need to either drop the requirements that these items DO have, or like you suggested make a RIG that is around all year round, but have it so that it will always have certain fail drops from past RIGs coming from the RIG.

Honestly I prefer they just do away with making items that require these insane amounts of items and make brand new ones that actually require items that are not CS based and certainly not RIG based. Make items that everyone can make at earlier levels [added note: and later on in alchemy like past lvl 6] that require ONLY components and ONLY GS or even zOMG! drops. We know that they can do it, they have done it with the formulas so far, but they want us to use rare items or items that just simply aren't there, and for the love of god I do not want to see items that are from DC either because DC's chances in getting said items are as slim as winning the lottery especially for how many of that DC item they WANT from you.
waiting for backwings since October 2003, then checking in years later to see only for them to be like 200,000,000 gold or some crap with an insane/silly quest is a huge kick in the lady parts. sad

Devoted Healer

I enjoyed the thought of Alchemy until I started seeing some of the ingredients were previous Cash Shop items that very likely will never be re-released again. So using said items will make them even rarer and thus make them ridiculously expensive.

I really want to do alchemy but it's just too much of a pain and too much of a worry (for the above stated reason) for me to even want to.

So by all means, continue beating the horse. Maybe they'll get the idea.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff