Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spam6467's Wife

9,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Mark Twain 100
I'll disable my ad-block on this site the moment your ads become less aggressive and stop setting my anti-virus software off. There is no reason video ads should auto start or take up my entire screen, I should not get a "you will be redirected to Gaia in [insert] seconds" after being directed away from the site, and I should not have to worry about my laptop getting infected. Fix the issues, then we'll talk about my support.

Sparkly Man-Lover

5,525 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • First step to fame 200
I will disable my ad blocker for gaia when you make the ads less intrusive and annoying. I can't change my shirt without hitting a loud ad.

Either give us an option to monthly disable them via some pay service like buying an MC used to do or maybe purchase 999 GC/mo or deal with the fact that I will not be viewing ads on your site.

Anxious Goat

I'm not whitelisting anything from Gaia, and if I could block announcements I would, too.

Lashtal's Wife

Advanced Punk

22,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Hellraiser 500
This thread has the best replies. rofl

I white-list Gaia for like ten mins for the free Gaia cash and then c**k block their ads again with adblock~

I don't think you understand how ANNOYING the roll over ads are.
Or the ones that just randomly talk/make sounds.

nope!

Dangerous Lunatic

Mono Monoko
I'm not whitelisting anything from Gaia, and if I could block announcements I would, too.

^this^

Invisible Prophet

19,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Are y'all serious? Why on Gallifrey would I whitelist ads for a site that's done nothing but go down the tubes in terms of quality, as well as wanting a whole lot of something for a whole bunch of nothing?

I realize running a site/company isn't cheap, but there are better ways to go about it.

And for the love of everything unholy, stop spamming us with Announcements.

Gold generators need to find a fire to jump into as well.

Sagely Scamp

I'll whitelist the day the adds aren't obnoxious and the day that this doesn't mean I also have to allow 20 different scripts to run in the background and thus slow down my page loading time never mind what sort of sneaky malware any of those twenty scripts may have. Because whitelisting doesn't just allow ads, you also have loads of trackers.

Also, it would be really nice if blocking scripts didn't also make the site glitch out and constantly double-reload for me. The site's running shouldn't be dependent on you guys selling space to pixel trackers :c.

I can say that even as I type this response adblock has three things blocked and ghostery is blocking two ads, two analytics, and the facebook widget (which also tracks your internet activity and reports it to FB so they can show you curated ads).

I have some places whitelisted even if that does open things up to trackers, because I want to support the creators. The fact that when I tried unblocking ads here suddenly we were in the double digits of various scripts/trackers/beacons/pixels/video ads all running... Not cool.

Hopeless Treasure-Seeker

43,050 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Love Machine 150
I refused to whitelist anything on Gaia the minute they allowed virus-ridden adds to exist for months before the massive outcry finally forced them to act. Then they brought on a whole new set which caused even more problems all for the sake of extra money.

This site, its owners and staff have become utterly corrupted by greed as evidenced in the non-stop flow of generators, store items and the complete destruction of the gold-based economy. Not to mention the fact that now staff accounts are creating their own gold to further hyper-inflate the economy ala 133TGATE.

I'm not giving these crooks a single dime. Everyone needs to Adblock the whole site and Noscript all their information farmers like scorecardresearch.com!

If Gaia wants money, let THEM work for it for a change!
xd hello every one

Smoker

EVERYONE WHO HAS RECENTLY POSTED IN HERE DESERVES A MEDAL.
          Wow, Gaia. Look at all your upset customers.
          You should really do something..

Omnipresent Phantom

User Image
          User Image
          ☽•◯•☾

I'll whitelist when you stop acting like shady drug lords
          selling soap stone dust as cocaine.

☽•◯•☾
          User Image

Witty Shapeshifter

We already get so many freaking adds daily from Gaia about their crappy Gaia Cash... why would I enable more?

emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces