Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Husband

16,275 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
siskataya

Since you might want to discuss this, we'll be leaving this thread open for a couple of weeks to get your feedback, thoughts, etc.

Take care 3nodding
Sisky

Most ads don't work on IOS.

Malevolent Perfectionist

18,550 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200
siskataya
Thanks so much for checking out this thread, and for considering helping Gaia by viewing ads we show on our site!

As we mentioned in the announcement, ads are a great source of revenue for us - the more ads people watch on Gaia, the more revenue we get. This money then allows us continue keeping Gaia up and running, and providing you all an awesome place to call home online!

Below is a Mini-FAQ with some answers to common questions you might have, steps on how you can white-list Gaia to see ads on our site, etc. We hope you find it useful! 3nodding

There are two issues I have with this, and I'm not entirely sure if I've already mentioned them to you or not.

1. Some of us use Ad-Block Plus not only to block ads, but also to block images people use in their posts and/or signatures. Since we're not able to selectively block specific images without some sort of add-on, it's one of the reasons why ABP remains enabled for many of us.

2. ABP isn't the only browser add-on that users can utilize to disable and/or block ads. There's also this little program called "NoScript", and it works almost the same as ABP.

Devoted Sex Symbol

12,565 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Super_Ninja_kun
Lone _Wolfina
so u have to have gaia cash some ppl dont have cash to get one so im stuck whit the adds.
some ppl like me are not lucky.
Under your settings (the little gear thing on the my gaia page) you can choose to show the cash tree. Clicking on the tree will take you to the page to chose to see videos that will give you gaia cash or the other offers. (not sure about what youll get if you are outside the USA though)

Rikku Konami
I have google chrome so i would like to know how to white list on chrome since i have no fire fox :c
Sisky's first few post tell you how to fix it to see ads. And how to allow adblocker to show ads on Gaia

Carmelized Popcorn
i'm sorry, I feel so stupid, but what is white-listing?
lol
It just means that you allow Gaia to show ads.

thank you so much! i didn't know that was all it took... lol

Sparkly Hunter

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
What exactly is white-listing ads?

I-Kiffer-I's Compadre

Hilarious Tycoon

9,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i love ads i watch them all and will be happy to watch more. no matter the cost though i dont want to pay so free ads woo!!! XD GC items its all good for me <3 XD the more the better <3

Generous Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I hate the watching the same add over and over again but i love to watch them!

Perfect Animal

yay, more ads and items i cant see >.>
being from the european, all ads are automatically disabled

OG Darling

20,475 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Falling For You 25
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I think it's important to watch ads. Maybe not a lot, but a few here and there can give you information or even peak an interest that you didn't realize you had.

I watch / participate in The Daily Treat ads everyday.
Does this mean I "white-list ads"?
oO_Ichy_Oo
User Image
Whilst listening to music or chatting to friends on skype, I don't want to hear these noisy things blasting off in the background, especially the ones which you cannot turn off sad

this :/
other than that, i don't really mind the ads ~
i Have did all u ask for ma'am i really want to help support Gaia!~ 3nodding 4laugh

Magical Cat

Hey gaiz. For those who didn't know, there's this wonderful add-on called Ad Block Plus. Don't pay a cent to get rid of your ads! =P

Man-Hungry Vampire

17,375 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I dont block ads on any site. does this count as white listing? if it doesent can someone explain what this all is?

Widow

Eternal Senshi

18,525 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I'm on firefox but i don't have an ad blocker plus or ad block under my tools. where else can i find it?

Dangerous Werewolf

6,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
i got a question does just watching the add white list it? because i have been watching lots of add and have been getting cash for watching them? does that mean im white listing them or is there something else im supposed to do? . dont mean to sound so newbish lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff