Welcome to Gaia! ::

Would you play the game to get those Badges/Achievements?

OMG YES!! NEED ALL THE POINTSS AND TITLES!!!11!1!1!! 0.45771144278607 45.8% [ 92 ]
Most likely, I see a few nice titles in there. 0.20398009950249 20.4% [ 41 ]
Heh, already have them all! 0.024875621890547 2.5% [ 5 ]
No, probably not. 0.064676616915423 6.5% [ 13 ]
Ew, achievements, dafuq is wrong with you? 0.044776119402985 4.5% [ 9 ]
Lol, like the game is coming back. XD 0.20398009950249 20.4% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 201 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

Original Survivor

User ImagezOMG!'s Kill Badges as AchievementsUser Image

So yeah, I've been throwing this idea around for god knows how long and today I've decided to make a thread about it.

The concept is actually quite simple, in the game you get Badges, in particular there are these kill badges, every Animated has 3 you can earn;

1st one for killing 50 of said Animated: User Image Air Fluff Deflater.
2nd one for killing 500 of said Animated: User Image Air Fluff Decimator.
3rd one for killing 5000 of said Animated: User Image Air Fluff God.

I think it would be a great idea to convert those Kill Badges into Achievements. For one, I think it would increase usage, and would be a great thing to get extra points and more titles for under you avi.

Now, I am FULLY aware that the game has been put into a permanent state of 'maintenance mode' but hear me out;

1: The kill count is already integrated into the main site; Check here
2: Each Badge has there own unique icon they can use for the Achievement. (See above)
3: Each Badge has there own unique title(s) they can use for under your avi; (Royal God anyone?)

So from that alone most of the work is done, only thing left to do is convert it all into Achievements, personally, I don't know how hard that would be, but since they are able to make 2 new Achievements per kickstarter is shouldn't be that hard. wink

How would the points work? Well, here's how I figured it could work;

50 Kill Achievement grants 50 Points.
500 Kill Achievement grants 150 Points.
5000 Kill Achievement grants 300 Points.
Giving you a total of 500 Points per Animated slain 5000 times!

Now, there are a few issues I'd like to take note;

At the moment in the game it works like this, if you hit the Animated at least once you'll get the kill even if you don't deal the final blow. Which is fine, because there would be a lot of people raging over who owns the animated everywhere. The issue I have is that, for example, you're CL10 and you kill a Gnome (CL1) it counts as a kill. That to me isn't fair.

Each Animated has 5 different colors which represent how strong or weak they are and it goes like this;

Red: They are over 1.0 CL then you, good chance you'll die, also, no loot.
Yellow: They are between 0.6 and 0.9 higher CL then you, tough fighting, you will get drops
Green: Ideal CL they are within 0.5 higher and lower then your CL, always get drops.
Blue: They are 0.6 to 0.9 under your CL, easy fight, you will get drops.
Purple: Under 1.0 then your CL, no challenge, and no drops.

Personally I think Animated whose colors are Yellow, Green, and Blue should only count as kills, but currently if it dies, and you hit it, it will count. Chances are nothing will/can be done about it because that'll involve a lot more resources that I know they won't put into the game.
But there is a certain group of animated that you can't even attack unless you're CL5. The damn Giftboxes.. gonk

ADDED: Something I forgot to post.. (it was 2am so yeah, surprised I even managed to post all of this lol)
One of the things I was worried about was if they would be retro-active, most of us already have a few badges, does that mean we need to get them all over again? Personally I don't see why we would, the Badge List here clearly shows you what you've earned and what you still need to earn. But if they do that we can't log in one day and get pounded with 10+ Achievements because of it, so I was thinking you can log in and slay 1 Animated, and once the site updates (if I recall, it takes a couple minutes) they'll grant you the amount of Badges/Achievements you have already earned with that animated, for example;

Say you have 3182 Anchor Bugs killed already, once they activate the Achievements, you log into zOMG!, kill 1 of them, once the site updates you instantly get the 50 and 500 Achievements! Then you can keep killing them till you get the 5000 kill Achievement! Does that sound like a good idea? Please let me know. smile

ALSO ADDED: Since Gaia has been obsessed with Kickstarters lately, and I have this faint feeling that zOMG! will probably get one, maybe they can added this little idea as a Global Tier! I'd happily donate for this happen! (Since it seems to be the only way to actually get Gaia to do something lol)

Well, that's that. You like this idea? If yes, please tell me! If no, please tell me! Notice an error? Please tell me! xp

Any other comments or feedback is more then welcome, thank you for your time. (I hope some devs see this and can comment on it)

IRL Labtech

So in favour of this.

I think since it was brought up (by you, probably) I've wanted the kill badges as achievements.

It may even get more people to play emotion_kirakira

Cheerful Character

ZOMG YESS!! I love this idea and support it heart

Plus it makes the game more fun and enjoyable whee

Muscular Shade

43,775 Points
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • Snack Artist 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
I think that this is an awesome idea! It could really get people interested in Zomg again! biggrin

Cluttered Gaian

32,525 Points
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
All the yes! I love the badges, and think the titles to be gained from them would be pretty awesome. I would even be fine with re-obtaining some of them to get the achievement, if awarding them from badges already obtained would be too much coding effort or something.

Like maybe the harder-to-obtain ones would be coded and awarded based on your previous accomplishment of it, but the easier ones (killing x number of y animated) could start anew and everyone have to re-achieve the goal to get the achievement.

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
i think this sounds pretty good
zOMG's never really interested me, but i was thinking about checking it out properly after the maintenance
something like this would make me much more inclined to do so c:
especially if we could get unique titles and such for them too

Romantic Werewolf

15,950 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Yes, I need all the points and titles!!!!!11!!!11!!!1111111111!!!! emotion_kirakira
This is a very good idea, I think it could get more people to play zOMG!
Plus I personally would like to achieve some titles for killing some animated. xd

Hoarding Hoarder

I've been wanting this for a long while now. I love earning badges and achievements, and I've been fearing with zOMG pretty much dead, that I'd lose all my hard earned work completing quests and farming for badges. I'd love to see them converted into achievements!

Eternal Cat

30,725 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I'm in full support of this, my friend. I'll end up playing more zOMG! and probably playing alongside you if you're up for it sometime.

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yes please, it'll be a catch grabber for people to get back into zOMG as well

Perfect Saint

That's definitely going to increase traffic once the game returns.

Star-Crossed Seraph

25,775 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Would love to see this since even with the game, there were very few ways of seeing what one had accomplished with the badges. And they already have descriptions to use under our avatars.

I think this might be an incentive to get more people to look at ZOMG once the maintenance is done, especially those that love to garner the Achievements. And making them retro-active would only be fair to those who have stuck with the game and gotten the badges already.

Brainy Kitten

17,775 Points
  • Team Carl 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Oh my goodness, yes.
This might actually get me to play the game again.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
I love this idea. You should mention it at the next Dev meat Lei. I'm still hoping that Back Alley Bargains would have rereleased items when the game returns as well like sweetheart ring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff