Welcome to Gaia! ::

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

Tsuki_Kirkland
michie-chan777
Agreed!
Why are people down voting this!?

Because the staff who communicate with us ( who are volunteers ) will be attacked or dismissed when they post here , so communicating more with users is pointless and people are downvoting it because they perhaps realize that . Its to the point where few users care what Gaia has to say , everyone else will twist their words into something to use as an attack on them . Its happened before and it will happen again.

Well, I care, and I'm not alone in that.

I'm not gonna repeat what I've said about the staff as far as being able to defend themselves/take care of users like that, but users have always interpreted the staffs' words as they like. That's not going to change, and I don't see that as a good enough reason to keep them from posting in this forum.

I don't understand how justifying the staff from not coming in here is gonna help them as a business.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
EbeleRoderick
Tsuki_Kirkland
michie-chan777
Agreed!

Because the staff who communicate with us ( who are volunteers ) will be attacked or dismissed when they post here , so communicating more with users is pointless and people are downvoting it because they perhaps realize that . Its to the point where few users care what Gaia has to say , everyone else will twist their words into something to use as an attack on them . Its happened before and it will happen again.

I'm not gonna repeat what I've said about the staff as far as being able to defend themselves/take care of users like that, but users have always interpreted the staffs' words as they like. That's not going to change, and I don't see that as a good enough reason to keep them from posting in this forum.

I don't understand how justifying the staff from coming in here is gonna help them as a business.

The point is they shouldn’t have to defend themselves, staff who are volunteering their time should not be attacked and need to defend. The attacks are a good enough reason , and it is a good enough reason as its pointless for them to post if they’re going to be attacked and what they say dismissed . Why should they post if barely anyone is going to listen to what they have to say, it’s pointless and they have better things to do like work on fixing all the spam in the forums or other mod /staff stuff.

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

Tsuki_Kirkland
EbeleRoderick
Tsuki_Kirkland
michie-chan777
Agreed!

I don't understand how justifying the staff from coming in here is gonna help them as a business.

The point is they shouldn’t have to defend themselves, staff who are volunteering their time should not be attacked and need to defend. The attacks are a good enough reason , and it is a good enough reason as its pointless for them to post if they’re going to be attacked and what they say dismissed . Why should they post if barely anyone is going to listen to what they have to say, it’s pointless and they have better things to do like work on fixing all the spam in the forums or other mod /staff stuff.

I get the feeling that you're confused on Gaia staff and moderators. I'm talking about the Gaia staff, the people who have paying jobs at Gaia Interactive and have made posts/topics asking for feedback before.

...Anyway. I get that you're concerned, but the toxic levels of this forum are the result of the Gaia staff not communicating well in here for a year now, and continuing to not have the staff around more won't make things better. Communication means that they need to put themselves out there, and while they're doing that with ATS, they also need to do it in the very forum that's meant for feedback.

And I feel that your reason isn't good enough because that's just what some people do. It doesn't mean that absolutely nobody cares or that its pointless, it just means that some people are that way and won't change. It shouldn't be a deterrent to undermine the rest of us that are on board with wanting SF to get better.

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
EbeleRoderick

Mods and staff both are communicating with us, and I probably didn’t get your meaning yes. Staff, even if paid though don’t need to be attacked with the toxic levels in the forum. No one deserves that..

I have to disagree, yes it may be that but it may be other things too that contributed to the toxic forum levels. They’re already trying to communicate and look how it’s turning out. People are unhappy with what they are doing to communicate, nothing is good enough for people. It would still be pointless for them to communicate since its apparent they cannot win with users . Everything they do apparently is wrong.

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

Tsuki_Kirkland
EbeleRoderick

Mods and staff both are communicating with us, and I probably didn’t get your meaning yes. Staff, even if paid though don’t need to be attacked with the toxic levels in the forum. No one deserves that..

I have to disagree, yes it may be that but it may be other things too that contributed to the toxic forum levels. They’re already trying to communicate and look how it’s turning out. People are unhappy with what they are doing to communicate, nothing is good enough for people. It would still be pointless for them to communicate since its apparent they cannot win with users . Everything they do apparently is wrong.

And I'm not saying anybody deserves that. Just saying that what I've stated is a big factor that resulted in the forum being the way it is now. And you can't expect everyone to agree with everything, especially in a forum like this. That's just not how people work. They're gonna have opinions and they're gonna voice them out, and given the state of the site, its expected.

So we're gonna have to agree to disagree. I feel this conversation is going in circles.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
EbeleRoderick
I get the feeling that you're confused on Gaia staff and moderators. I'm talking about the Gaia staff, the people who have paying jobs at Gaia Interactive and have made posts/topics asking for feedback before.
volunteer staff are still "gaia staff". i didn't understand from the first post that you were specifically referring to paid staff. sweatdrop

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

Pugnacious Banana
EbeleRoderick
volunteer staff are still "gaia staff". i didn't understand from the first post that you were specifically referring to paid staff. sweatdrop

Ah, alright. Sorry for the confusion. I'll add a note to the OP.

Adorable Hellraiser

14,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Tycoon 200
What I really hate is when someone such as an admin replies, then locks the thread so no one else can talk, saying the issue is resolved. People usually still have something to say about the topic, and they get cut off.

Intergalactic Sweetheart

Vile Faust
What I really hate is when someone such as an admin replies, then locks the thread so no one else can talk, saying the issue is resolved. People usually still have something to say about the topic, and they get cut off.

Ah yes the 133Tgate threads. I do find it funny that the one in Chatterbox wasn't locked.

Elegant Dollie's Partner

Chic Bear

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas