Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toxic Trendsetter

Hi everyone!

Feel free to leave feedback about the latest Marketplace update here.

If you missed the news, catch up by Reading the Announcement and the FAQ.

How do you like the new update? Will you be making Gaia Cash purchases in the Marketplace? How has this affected your shopping experience? is it more or less convenient? Fun? Profitable? Let us know what you think!

This feature is still being tested. Thank you for your patience and support. And a special thank you for those who take the time to reply and share their thoughts. You rock!

In a relationship with Mister Rodriguez

Supreme Visionary

13,225 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
I'm confused as to why the seller doesn't receive Gaia Cash, wouldn't that actually keep more gold out of circulation and better combat the inflation?

[edit]
ACTUALLY.
If someone is paying in GC and the buyer receives GOLD...that's putting MORE gold into circulation. This does the exact opposite of what it should, the gold isn't being pulled from users, it's being added by Gaia itself, this will make inflation worse, there's no way it couldn't?

Profitable Prophet

Kinda seems like we would be making more gold. . . The seller should get Gaia cash and the buyer should have the option to spend gold.

Valerth's Princess

OMFG Babes

15,000 Points
  • The Temptations 500
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
I'm not too sure how I feel about this feature, but I will give it a try 3nodding

Nevermind, just tried it and its not very good at all to be completely honest. Why doesn't the seller get rewarded any gaia cash? This was a good idea at the start, but it needs work..

Aged Misfit

I think I agree with the people above me. It's confusing.
I personally am going to sit back and see how this plays out. Some nagging thing at me doesn't think it will work, however...

Edit: Yup, gonna make things worse.
Example: Someone can buy one Heart Charm for only one GC. Something like that fluctuates constantly. People are gonna inflate the Charms hoping to get more gold out of them.

And that is only one example. I'm no economist, but that seems like trouble.

Fuzzy Player

8,900 Points
  • Married 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Prices are now probably gonna skyrocket in the MP now. I can see that happening.

People are gonna jack up the prices because people are buying the cheaper items for 1 GC (which isn't even a dollar.)

But thats just my 2 cents.

Ok I read the conversion rate wrong.

I thought it said 50bil to 1 GC

but its 50mil to 1 GC

Apologies.

Desirable Sex Symbol

30,115 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Divine 250
I heart Idea....means we get both options? I THINK?AWESOME .whatever 3nodding do it
Nope, your asking the userbase to trust you with the economy after what you have done to it in the last two years. So much for what was left of the free market.

For those still confused on how this works, Gaia now has direct control over GC to gold ratios. They also now get to double dip on sales, selling the same item ID over and over. Even once limited items and other CS items leave the CS, cash spenders will be able to use GC to buy those items from users in the the marketplace. The seller in the meantime gets no GC, just freshly generated gold that will continue to devalue the worth of actual gold.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Gracious Exhibitionist

27,125 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
This is actually a really bad idea in the long haul... It's going to make people inflate the prices to make more gold. This new feature doesn't solve the issue at all :s It creates another issue if anything!
//edit:
Thought i might offer up a solution for this feature. The item bought with GC should give the seller GC instead of gold. That way people won't over list items to compensate and equal currencies are exchanged.
However this also creates another issue. For those who sell not getting back the amounts of gold they've spent on things.
In short maybe Gaia isn't ready for this conversion system as it's not been thought through fully and it's in no way helping out the current economy problems. There are other great solutions for this if you guys would look in the GD forums s:

Fashionable Shopper

7,175 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
this feature actually sounds awesome!. eventually when i buy the item generator (that have Gold generator option) i wont have to choose only the gold generator option to get wat i want off my wish list!!!

Shy Man-Lover

17,190 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Battery 500
I was under the impression that the seller would get Gaia Cash in return before I saw the announcement. Hmm. Lets see what happens with this.

Xsirch's Princess

Desirable Sex Symbol

I don't like this idea. It's gonna make things worse. :/

In a relationship with Mister Rodriguez

Supreme Visionary

13,225 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
Yup. I got super excited. Listed things and then noticed I didn't get GC. >.>

Kawaii Bloodsucker

34,150 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
That is the worst most unwise decision ever...the marketplace is gonna flood with gold...you ruined the economy of gaia...congratulations.
It doesn't matter if you roll it back now...even if this measure has been on for 1 hour it would create quadrillions of gold out of nothing...great...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff