Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ice-Cold Star

Hey Gaia.
Couldn't believe the unreal (turned out this was literal) deal of today's bonus box.

Quote:

Salutations, Gaians!

I'm thrilled to share with you that every qualifying purchase of 1000 Gaia Cash or more via Paypal will come with an absolutely free Friday Bonus Box from now until November 15th at 11:59 AM PST!

The Friday Bonus Box comes with an amazing collection of top-notch chance items: Autumn Trunk, Trick of Treats Bag, Road to Riches, five copies of Bobbing For Apples, and five copies of The Old Fishing Hole!

Open up any one of these fantastic chance items for a shot at winning some absolutely fantastic prizes! You can cash in on this amazing offer up to ten times. Then, you can go spend some of that brand new Gaia Cash burning a hole in your pocket on anything you'd like from our stores! Enjoy!

Get some Gaia Cash!

This announcement VERY CLEARLY makes it sound as though you are getting ALL of the items listed. The instance of the "open up any one of these I fantastic chance items" does NOT imply that you are choosing between them because of the paragraph it is following.

Then I get the box and it tells me to choose.
That is false advertising.

Angelic Marshmallow

User ImageUser Image

You don't get all the items listed? Wow. It sounded like you would when I read it earlier. o-o

I think they need to learn how to read for alternate meanings when proofreading in the future ("Can this be interpreted in another way?" ). Although, I don't really see an alternate to this one. Dx

Aged Bunny

Oh, I thought you would get all because the and part of that sentence instead of putting in or.

Ice-Cold Star

Dark Metamorphosis
Oh, I thought you would get all because the and part of that sentence instead of putting in or.
Exactly. I don't know wether to demand I get all of the items or a refund.

Inquisitive Seeker

14,550 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
I agree. The wording is terribly misleading.

Loyal Shapeshifter

44,390 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Winged 100
I agree. I'm pretty irritated at that. I thought "Sure, why not. That sounds like a good deal." Only to feel slapped in the face when I got it.

Desirable Survivor

13,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
viscountice
Hey Gaia.
Couldn't believe the unreal (turned out this was literal) deal of today's bonus box.

Quote:

Salutations, Gaians!

I'm thrilled to share with you that every qualifying purchase of 1000 Gaia Cash or more via Paypal will come with an absolutely free Friday Bonus Box from now until November 15th at 11:59 AM PST!

this purchase makes it sound like for every 1000 gcash bought you get one

so for 2500 g cash you should get 2. but no its still only 1

Ice-Cold Star

Great Destroyer Apollymi

I'm glad there are others who were outraged as well. I'll probably open a ticket or something.

Also, yeah, you have to make the purchases separately.

Desirable Survivor

13,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
viscountice
Great Destroyer Apollymi

I'm glad there are others who were outraged as well. I'll probably open a ticket or something.

Also, yeah, you have to make the purchases separately.

I get that now. but it doesnt state that in the post. it does say EVERY qualifying gcash.

I feel thats a rip off. cause i would have just bought 2x 1000 gcash and a 500 gcash
to get 2 friday boxes

Ice-Cold Star

Great Destroyer Apollymi

I get that now. but it doesnt state that in the post. it does say EVERY qualifying gcash.

I feel thats a rip off. cause i would have just bought 2x 1000 gcash and a 500 gcash
to get 2 friday boxes

Yeah I asked about it with the first November bonus box I think. I thought the same thing but I didn't want to be wrong so I made a thread. :

Hallowed Bunny

15,800 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Yes, that wording is misleading. Any reasonable person would assume that all the listed items came in the one box. It's a matter of sentence structure.

Time for a reworded announcement.

Cuddly Knife

42,775 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
I found it incredibly misleading. I bought GC for a box containing many rigs, only to find out I had to choose, and it pissed me off. I've submitted a ticket about it, and have screenshotted the announcement, so I hope something is done about this false advertising.

Ice-Cold Star

The Nephilim Rosier
I found it incredibly misleading. I bought GC for a box containing many rigs, only to find out I had to choose, and it pissed me off. I've submitted a ticket about it, and have screenshotted the announcement, so I hope something is done about this false advertising.
I think I'm going to do the same.
Let me know how your case turns out.

Cuddly Knife

42,775 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
viscountice
The Nephilim Rosier
I think I'm going to do the same.
Let me know how your case turns out.
I sure will, and good luck with yours too c: Fingers crossed they do something to remedy this, because it's absolute bs how they advertised it.

Ice-Cold Star

The Nephilim Rosier
I sure will, and good luck with yours too c: Fingers crossed they do something to remedy this, because it's absolute bs how they advertised it.
I absolutely agree.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces