Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Great Destroyer Apollymi
viscountice
Hey Gaia.
Couldn't believe the unreal (turned out this was literal) deal of today's bonus box.
Quote:
Salutations, Gaians!

I'm thrilled to share with you that every qualifying purchase of 1000 Gaia Cash or more via Paypal will come with an absolutely free Friday Bonus Box from now until November 15th at 11:59 AM PST!

this purchase makes it sound like for every 1000 gcash bought you get one

so for 2500 g cash you should get 2. but no its still only 1

To be fair, since it says "1000 Gaia Cash or more" (emphasis added), it does imply that it's only one bonus per purchase, regardless of the amount of said purchase (as long as it's at least 1000 GC).

Lonely Codger

20,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
viscountice
Hey Gaia.
Couldn't believe the unreal (turned out this was literal) deal of today's bonus box.
Quote:
Salutations, Gaians!

I'm thrilled to share with you that every qualifying purchase of 1000 Gaia Cash or more via Paypal will come with an absolutely free Friday Bonus Box from now until November 15th at 11:59 AM PST!

The Friday Bonus Box comes with an amazing collection of top-notch chance items: Autumn Trunk, Trick of Treats Bag, Road to Riches, five copies of Bobbing For Apples, and five copies of The Old Fishing Hole!

Open up any one of these fantastic chance items for a shot at winning some absolutely fantastic prizes! You can cash in on this amazing offer up to ten times. Then, you can go spend some of that brand new Gaia Cash burning a hole in your pocket on anything you'd like from our stores! Enjoy!

Get some Gaia Cash!

This announcement VERY CLEARLY makes it sound as though you are getting ALL of the items listed. The instance of the "open up any one of these I fantastic chance items" does NOT imply that you are choosing between them because of the paragraph it is following.

Then I get the box and it tells me to choose.
That is false advertising.

Also, in addition to the "and", saying that the Bonus Box comes with a "collection" of items (not a "choice" or "selection" ) would seem (to me) to be pretty definitively stating that you get everything listed, not just one.

(Even the following paragraph doesn't really imply you only get one. It just says that opening any of them will give you a chance at "fantastic prizes", But the most reasonable (again, to me) interpretation would be "you get all of these, any one of which could give you great prizes" (with the added implication "so since you get all of them, this is a really great deal!" ).)

In the words of Otto Mann, "That is BLATANT false advertising!"

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
They really need to be more careful about their wording. That 'and' in the list is incredibly misleading. The only thing that makes it look like a choice is the box's item description.

Ice-Cold Star

Bana Banana
They really need to be more careful about their wording. That 'and' in the list is incredibly misleading. The only thing that makes it look like a choice is the box's item description.
At that point it's too late. The advertisement itself made it clear that all of the items were included...then we are given a box that makes us choose.

Ice-Cold Star

O.T.L.
Yup. I don't have anything to add; you summed it up perfectly.

Ice-Cold Star

O.T.L.
Yup. I don't have anything to add; you summed it up perfectly.

Angelic Allegiant

Totally agree =/
viscountice
Hey Gaia.

Quote:

Salutations, Gaians!

The Friday Bonus Box comes with an amazing collection of top-notch chance items: Autumn Trunk, Trick of Treats Bag, Road to Riches, five copies of Bobbing For Apples, and five copies of The Old Fishing Hole!

Open up any one of these fantastic chance items for a shot at winning some absolutely fantastic prizes! You can cash in on this amazing offer up to ten times. Then, you can go spend some of that brand new Gaia Cash burning a hole in your pocket on anything you'd like from our stores! Enjoy!

Get some Gaia Cash!

This announcement VERY CLEARLY makes it sound as though you are getting ALL of the items listed. The instance of the "open up any one of these I fantastic chance items" does NOT imply that you are choosing between them because of the paragraph it is following.

Then I get the box and it tells me to choose.
That is false advertising.

Ice-Cold Star

The Nephilim Rosier

En-Faye

Hey guys.
They granted me all of the items promised.
Hope your ticket is/will be resolved the same way, Nephilim.

Cuddly Knife

42,775 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150
viscountice
The Nephilim Rosier

En-Faye

Hey guys.
They granted me all of the items promised.
Hope your ticket is/will be resolved the same way, Nephilim.
Ah yep, just woke up and checked my phone and saw that, thank heavens they didn't make up some bs about it being clear and not compensating us ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff