Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Considering the absolutely huge amount of dollar you guys have been reeling in during this year,
you should be more than able to pull out at least 10,000 from your pockets to give to those in need!

1,000 is very- very cheap, especially when considering your donations from past years where the amount of money given to charity from you has been much higher than that!

It's more than nothing,
but barely anything compared to what you could easily afford to donate.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
My exact thoughts when I first saw the fundraiser. Unless it's just poorly worded and they're actually donating a lot more than $1,000.

Gambino Businessman

12,450 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
It is pretty cheap of them. I'm spending 500.00 on Christmas present gift this year.

Dapper Darling

15,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Rebuilder 100
  • Party Member 100
Check out B R A I N's thread about this, Zero Omega showed up to acknowledge the feedback.

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
That's not the point of Christmas nor was it ever the point. It doesn't matter how much you give or how much you receive. It's the thought of giving someone a gift and making their day or giving them a chance of happiness that matters.

If you think a stupid thing like how much Gaia gives should matter then you should be ashamed of yourself. I for one am appalled by you and so many like you that give more of a damn of the stupid amount than the fact that they're giving to charity. Is that all you people give a s**t about? Not that this goes to families in need?

Seriously, get over yourself. Maybe donate to the charities yourself or find some other Christmas cheer.

The Whipfather is watching you. I'd be careful if I were you. 3nodding

Stellar Helper

20,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Battery 500
Astra Green
That's not the point of Christmas nor was it ever the point. It doesn't matter how much you give or how much you receive. It's the thought of giving someone a gift and making their day or giving them a chance of happiness that matters.

If you think a stupid thing like how much Gaia gives should matter then you should be ashamed of yourself. I for one am appalled by you and so many like you that give more of a damn of the stupid amount than the fact that they're giving to charity. Is that all you people give a s**t about? Not that this goes to families in need?

Seriously, get over yourself. Maybe donate to the charities yourself or find some other Christmas cheer.

I was about to say the same thing. At least they are doing something to make someone's christmas a lot more happier! Be greatful about what they are doing and asking you guys to be a part of it. If they had more time, they would've had a bigger amount, but I guess it was a last minute thing, thus what they put down.

At the end of the day, kids who are less fortunate than us will get something that will light up their day, and that what counts more than anything.

Hoarding Hoarder

If anything I'd like to see a CS item where a percentage of the proceeds are guaranteed to also go toward the charity. Even though donating directly would be the better option. I am glad they are donating atleast something though. Maybe they'll do like in the past where if the kickstarter get enough attention, they'll add to the tiers.
They're not donating $1000 in cash, they're donating $1000 worth of toys, clothes, and food. And I don't know about you, but if they choose and spend wisely, $1000 is enough to buy a s**t ton of those items to give to charities, even in a state like California.

Scompiglio's Wife

I have just one question:

Why do we need to donate online currency in order for them to donate real currency? We've never had to before.

Perfect Saint

Princess of the Crows
I have just one question:

Why do we need to donate online currency in order for them to donate real currency? We've never had to before.
I'd say gold sink for what it's worth. Also a community activity where you could choose to donate virtual wealth to purchase toys for children. You don't have to pay real money to do to make kids happy.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Astra Green

you're awfully offensive sir,
but yes- no,

gaiaonline probably pulls in several milions a year from all of their reeled-in dollars from their cash sales, 10,000 wouldn't even make a dent into their paychecks,
heck; they had a ticket up there in their so-called black friday sale that they sold for 20,000 USD, so just half of those money could easily have been given away by x-mas times,
and that's just ONE item from the hundreds or thousands they sold in the sale,

it prolly wouldn't affect them in any kind of way,
oh except people would feel they were a bit more respectable,
i for one wouldn't mind seeing them as more than just moneyhungry cheapskates ....

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Bee Movie Suit
If anything I'd like to see a CS item where a percentage of the proceeds are guaranteed to also go toward the charity. Even though donating directly would be the better option. I am glad they are donating atleast something though. Maybe they'll do like in the past where if the kickstarter get enough attention, they'll add to the tiers.

mhhh, this.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Kim Pil-Suk
They're not donating $1000 in cash, they're donating $1000 worth of toys, clothes, and food. And I don't know about you, but if they choose and spend wisely, $1000 is enough to buy a s**t ton of those items to give to charities, even in a state like California.

i can't help but think they could also find all of these things at half-price in some specific stores, or things that didn't get sold at the time they were supposed to be, technically they'd still be at 1000$ worth in other places, but might sell to gaiaonline for a total of 750- or 500$ instead..

Duremian Demigod

20,375 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Team Moira 200
Konani_NTH
Astra Green

but yes- no,

gaiaonline probably pulls in several milions a year from all of their reeled-in dollars from their cash sales, 10,000 wouldn't even make a dent into their paychecks,
heck; they had a ticket up there in their so-called black friday sale that they sold for 20,000 USD, so just half of those money could easily have been given away by x-mas times,

i for one wouldn't mind seeing them as more than just moneyhungry cheapskates ....
It's ma'am to you, or simply refer to my username.

Again you're missing the point of Christmas and that's disturbing. You should first look at yourself. Have you donated? Have you given money? If not then maybe you should shut up and do so.

Of course I expect nothing less from a keyboard warrior. You're a disgusting pig who doesnt care about who is going to have a Christmas but on Lynne about how much is given.

I'd sleep with one eye open. The Whipfather is coming for you.

Shameless Man-Lover

18,100 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Astra Green
Konani_NTH
Astra Green

but yes- no,

It's ma'am to you, or simply refer to my username.

Again you're missing the point of Christmas and that's disturbing. You should first look at yourself. Have you donated? Have you given money? If not then maybe you should shut up and do so.

Of course I expect nothing less from a keyboard warrior. You're a disgusting pig who doesnt care about who is going to have a Christmas but on Lynne about how much is given.

I'd sleep with one eye open. The Whipfather is coming for you.

nah, i'll keep it at sir since you're working to offend me so i'll do the same to you without saying appalling and such, and technically i donate to charity whenever i buy from humble bundle, apparently we've raised 50 million since 2010, so that's around 12,5 million a year-

though i'm not a big multi-milion corporation, but i've donated at least 100$ to charity this past year, and that's being a student without a job~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff