Welcome to Gaia! ::

Drop the CAP. More fish in Phin Phang.

Drop the CAP ENTIRELY!! 0.24120603015075 24.1% [ 48 ]
A few more fish for gold & cash in Phin Phang 0.20603015075377 20.6% [ 41 ]
Yes please to both Gaia! 0.55276381909548 55.3% [ 110 ]
Total Votes:[ 199 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53 54 55 > >>

Hasuki Aatisuto
I wonder if Gaia even knows how to do math, because that's just absurd.

As a follow up to this, on a really good tank (13+ Dolphins, Airsharks, or Stone Coatls) I can average 3k per tank. I like to think I'm fairly good at BG. Even with 3k per game, grabbing a tank at every single minute (impossible), it would take me 27 hours to hit the 5 million limit.

While I am glad that we got a quick response, I'm kinda chuckling about the misunderstanding, but a little worried that they don't intend to increase the actual PAYOUT of the game.
~Lord Awesome

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Lord Awesomolocity
Reve Casse
Booty Grab isn't only about making tons of gold. It's a game. Anyone who invests in pixels, thinking it is going to increase their portfolio, needs to think again.

The reason to keep a tank is to be a part of the Aquarium Community. Yes, we all like the extra gold our tanks bring in, but it's more than that. It's the people and the sense of community that keeps most of us there.

Amen! Speak the truth!
No seriously. I still spend my freetime coding things for Aquariums
~Lord Awesome

I always speak the truth, telling it just as I see it, Awesome.
But then I think you know that about me. xd
Nice to see you popped in.

Oh.... and this is off topic..... but.....
Do you think you could change that color in the siggy's to orange for Halloween instead of pink?
THAT would be soooo awesome!!!
Reve Casse
Lord Awesomolocity
Reve Casse
Booty Grab isn't only about making tons of gold. It's a game. Anyone who invests in pixels, thinking it is going to increase their portfolio, needs to think again.

The reason to keep a tank is to be a part of the Aquarium Community. Yes, we all like the extra gold our tanks bring in, but it's more than that. It's the people and the sense of community that keeps most of us there.

Amen! Speak the truth!
~Lord Awesome

I always speak the truth, telling it just as I see it, Awesome.
But then I think you know that about me. xd
Nice to see you popped in.

Oh.... and this is off topic..... but.....
Do you think you could change that color in the siggy's to orange for Halloween instead of pink?
THAT would be soooo awesome!!!

I noticed. xd
Yep. Been trying to be involved, recently. :3

The pink is actually for breast cancer awareness month, but I recently implemented a system so I can plan holidays and colors in advance. And I already have Halloween planned.
Here's a sneak peek. ninja
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
~Lord Awesome

Peculiar Guest

30,665 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Ashi_Kisaki
Pewpewkachu
I don't think it was a mistake on their part, but rather a case of them being deliberately dense, and hoping that people would be appeased because they did SOMETHING, if not really what people actually wanted.

You know they're probably sitting in their offices going "We can't raise the actual gold payout on anything. It will cause inflation!"

Gaia already knows there is a problem with inflation. Raising the amount of gold that the fish drop is not going to contribute to inflation in a major way, IF they only increase it tenfold.
Actually, being able to grab 5,000 to 40,0000+ off a tank would help many people, not just the tank owner. I think it is a realistic figure.

Hey! emotion_hug I agree with you on this, Ashi.
Also, I miss bumping with you! 3nodding

Peculiar Guest

30,665 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Mega Tipsy 100
oneia
My (possibly naive) hope is that they raised the gold cap now so that when they get done doing background tests and adjustments for the fish payouts, they won't have to do a new gold cap then.

oneia, that's what I'm thinking and hoping as well.

Peculiar Guest

30,665 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Mega Tipsy 100
Lord Awesomolocity
Reve Casse

Amen! Speak the truth!
~Lord Awesome

Right, Awesome. I'm here for the fun and community. I love the fishes and the people! It's not about a profit for me. It's a relaxing hobby that I've enjoyed for years and hope to continue to do so. And by the way, thanks for all you do. emotion_hug

Playful Gaian

Reve Casse
oneia
My (possibly naive) hope is that they raised the gold cap now so that when they get done doing background tests and adjustments for the fish payouts, they won't have to do a new gold cap then.

Always good to be hopeful!! wink

I've found being hopeful tends to be a bit more productive than being sour! biggrin

Dangerous Dabbler

Reve Casse
Cheshire Bronze
I don't even play bg any more, it isn't worth the time. Even back when it was I rarely had time to play and get to 100k, much less 5 mill! I can't understand why anyone would bother having a tank now, with the fishes priced so high on the mp - you'd lose gold not make it.

I have a feeling there is no one at gaia now who understands booty grab at all. cry

it's a game, but it gets boring quickly, at least to me. Without the incentive of making substantial gold, I just have no interest in playing anymore. And to be honest, I don't feel any sense of community about it, but I haven't been on much for quite a while, so maybe that's something I've simply missed out on.

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
My goodness, I couldn't agree more with the thread creator. I, too, though for sure at first the announcement meant the amount of gold payout per tank was being raised. Then to read it only meant the daily cap was being raised...

Why bother? As the math shows, one would have to play the best tanks for hours on end and even then might not reach the old payout limit. So why did it need to be increased? Now, if the fish dropped more gold as well, then the increase would make sense.

As things now stand, I can gain more from a single dumpster dive than an hour of playing booty grab. Thank you to Gaian's throwing away thousands of gold! I know, it's chump change to those who do so, but it's good gold to me. smile

As it is, I'm hanging onto my fun aquarium decor hoping one day the tanks will be worth tapping again.

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
oneia
Reve Casse
oneia

I've found being hopeful tends to be a bit more productive than being sour! biggrin

I totally agree!! biggrin
oneia
Reve Casse
oneia

That's why I'm proud of the staff for the Ask the Staff thing they did, AND the users because I didn't see a whole lot of flaming or anything. There's been a lot of negativity in the past year or so, and hopefully, through working together as users and staff, that can be overcome. 3nodding
~Lord Awesome

Spicy Witch

36,075 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Ghost Hunter 250
Sir_Catherine
My goodness, I couldn't agree more with the thread creator. I, too, though for sure at first the announcement meant the amount of gold payout per tank was being raised. Then to read it only meant the daily cap was being raised...

Why bother? As the math shows, one would have to play the best tanks for hours on end and even then might not reach the old payout limit. So why did it need to be increased? Now, if the fish dropped more gold as well, then the increase would make sense.

As things now stand, I can gain more from a single dumpster dive than an hour of playing booty grab. Thank you to Gaian's throwing away thousands of gold! I know, it's chump change to those who do so, but it's good gold to me. smile

As it is, I'm hanging onto my fun aquarium decor hoping one day the tanks will be worth tapping again.

I am so hoping the tanks will be worth tapping again.
I hope this is just a little misunderstanding in communication.
Or that they gave the increase in the cap because something good will be done with the fish.
Aquariums are unique to Gaia, and a money maker for them, if they just see the potential.

Cross our fingers! smile

Player

Re-release the old fish back and make the gold the fish give out higher.

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

Reve Casse
Cheshire Bronze
I don't even play bg any more, it isn't worth the time. Even back when it was I rarely had time to play and get to 100k, much less 5 mill! I can't understand why anyone would bother having a tank now, with the fishes priced so high on the mp - you'd lose gold not make it.

I have a feeling there is no one at gaia now who understands booty grab at all. cry

Uh, that's not true otherwise the amount of tanks that you can actually play wouldn't had dropped so much. People used tanks because they were profitable to have back then. Maybe a small amount of people keep up tanks to be part of the community but not that many, otherwise there would be much more tanks out there. I mean, really? Compare 2009 to now. A lot of us kept tanks because they were profitable.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff