Welcome to Gaia! ::

Squeehelmina
The last time we heard news of something washing ashore with a huge bite mark, my mom yelled "Megalodon lives!" whee

Lol!

Demonic Lunatic

7,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Wall Street 200

Destructive Daredevil

I'm thinking along the lines of Ven Loraine's opinion:

Ven Loraine Jr
Very unlikely but not impossible is my opinion.

I am 100% sure that there are thousands and thousands of species in the oceans that we have never seen and maybe won't discover even in a hundred years from now.

Also, the tricky part is that sharks don't have real bones (as far as I know?), so it's not like any HARD evidence can be washed up on a beach besides a still intact carcass or teeth. Right?

So Megalodon could still exist... who knows.

I've seen a mockumentary with the view that Megalodon still lives and a documentary that believes Megalodon existed a long time ago but not in the modern day.

My question for the mockumentary is: why do they seem to assume there is only one Megalodon? The documentary touched on possible reproduction based on the behaviour of other sharks.
Darkerdemons
I'm thinking along the lines of Ven Loraine's opinion:

Ven Loraine Jr
Very unlikely but not impossible is my opinion.

I am 100% sure that there are thousands and thousands of species in the oceans that we have never seen and maybe won't discover even in a hundred years from now.

Also, the tricky part is that sharks don't have real bones (as far as I know?), so it's not like any HARD evidence can be washed up on a beach besides a still intact carcass or teeth. Right?

So Megalodon could still exist... who knows.

I've seen a mockumentary with the view that Megalodon still lives and a documentary that believes Megalodon existed a long time ago but not in the modern day.

My question for the mockumentary is: why is there only one Megalodon? The documentary touched on possible reproduction based on the behaviour of other sharks.

I get what your saying but I don't think they are intending to try to get audiences believe that there is only one megalodon left on earth and they are looking for the last one left. After watching the mockumentary I think they are more so trying to get audiences to believe that since we haven't explored most of the ocean megalodon could still exist down there. But since no one has ever seen them then that would mean if they still existed there would be very little left. In the mockumentary they are trying to coax a megalodon out but not necessarily the one an only megalodon. However like I said earlier in the threads, I think it would be cool If a few were still alive but the mockumentary was too much like all the Bigfoot mocks out there where you get so close to believing but in the climax of the show something happens to the camera and we never get clear evidence. Sad day.

Newbie Noob

The theory of an inspiring marine biologist:

My theory about Megalodon is that through adaptation, mutation in their genetic code, and time Megalodon became the Great White Shark. Both sharks have so many similarties i.e. teeth shape, eating habits, predator status, ambush techniques, etc. that it's not impossible that Megalodon downsized over the years.

Megalodons have only been extinct for about 1.5 million years which is nothing on the geological timeline, plus scientists have still yet to figure out what caused their "extinction".

All Megalodon was is a extremely an extremely large Great White so who's to say that they couldn't adapt to their surroundings and become smaller?
lnsomniJack

My theory about Megalodon is that through adaptation, mutation in their genetic code, and time Megalodon became the Great White Shark. Both sharks have so many similarties i.e. teeth shape, eating habits, predator status, ambush techniques, etc. that it's not impossible that Megalodon downsized over the years.

Megalodons have only been extinct for about 1.5 million years which is nothing on the geological timeline, plus scientists have still yet to figure out what caused their "extinction".

All Megalodon was is a extremely an extremely large Great White so who's to say that they couldn't adapt to their surroundings and become smaller?

That's an interesting theory. Scientific.

Nine-tailed Fox

22,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
are you kidding me ? I saw him last week ! no i didn't i wish !

Though i am sure he can ear human pray in one bite. ( since we can stand in his mouth why not ? DX

and might explain some other things. ( saw this on tv one day ) About a boat attack and a film saw what attack them. ( Video camera was found ) but every died. There ship ( A fishing boat ) went under.

Now i wander if ..

this song is based on the shark ....

My boy megalodon is swimming in the marianas trench lol nah they've been gone for 1.6m years. Would be insane if one was discovered!!!! Imagine seeing a 60-70ft long shark weighing up to 100-130tons gonk
FULLY AWAKENED BEING
My boy megalodon is swimming in the marianas trench lol nah they've been gone for 1.6m years. Would be insane if one was discovered!!!! Imagine seeing a 60-70ft long shark weighing up to 100-130tons gonk

That would be terrifying and awesome.
dye004
FULLY AWAKENED BEING

As long as its not coming straight at ya lol 4laugh 3nodding
FULLY AWAKENED BEING
dye004
FULLY AWAKENED BEING

As long as its not coming straight at ya lol 4laugh 3nodding

Very true. xd

Original Gaian

Lady Kariel
Who knows? I mean there are a lot of unexplored regions of the sea. People once thought coelacanth was extinct but they were discovered to be still living :3
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Yes I agree. There is far to much ocean that's not been explored so it's possible.

Original Gaian

lnsomniJack

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. That's a very interesting theory and also very possible.

10,550 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Invisibility 100
Don't buy into it, it was a made up documentary for ratings.
No one wants to actually learn anything anymore, it's all sensational stuff now. Aliens and ghost hunters and mythical monsters and super killer sharks. Not that it's not fun, but why not some real education?

Adorable Fisher

There is one artist rendering of it that makes me want it to be still existing. But its probably dead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff